Need Assistance

MaddiesDaddy

Please help me.

When I load in the Millar & Arroyo cyberfaces to my models.big file....for some reason I can no longer play a game using the Anahiem Angles?!?!

I know, it doesn't make sense since these guys don't play on Anahiem. I have downloaded the K-Rod cyber face (by Cris) and was able to start a game with that in my models.big file.

I next added the cyberfaces for Arroyo and Millar but now I can no longer play using the Angels (CPU or human controlled).

I don't know if the models.big file gets corrupted with the Arroyo and Millary additions? I have gone back to the original models.big...only added Arroyo and Millar...but still have same problem. Can't use Anahiem as one of the teams.

I have checked MVP edit (I am using Spanish Fly's v4 rosters) and there are no confilcting numbers for appearance. At least I didn't see any.

Can anyone help me with this?

Please help me.

When I load in the Millar & Arroyo cyberfaces to my models.big file....for some reason I can no longer play a game using the Anahiem Angles?!?!

I know, it doesn't make sense since these guys don't play on Anahiem. I have downloaded the K-Rod cyber face (by Cris) and was able to start a game with that in my models.big file.

I next added the cyberfaces for Arroyo and Millar but now I can no longer play using the Angels (CPU or human controlled).

I don't know if the models.big file gets corrupted with the Arroyo and Millary additions? I have gone back to the original models.big...only added Arroyo and Millar...but still have same problem. Can't use Anahiem as one of the teams.

I have checked MVP edit (I am using Spanish Fly's v4 rosters) and there are no confilcting numbers for appearance. At least I didn't see any.

Can anyone help me with this?

P.S. If I don't download and import the Arroyo and Millar cyberfaces, the game crashes when I use the BoSox as one of the teams. I am guessing b/c the face number assigned to them is not in the original models.big file (Arroyo = 37, Millar = 408).

This doesn't seem to be the reason for the crash when trying to use the Angles. Even if I don't import the K-Rod cyberface and just do the Arroyo and Millar faces, I still cannot use the Angels.

Sorry...starting to repeat myself here out of frustration.

Update...

Well I now know the K-Rod cyberface is not the problem for me here. I went back and copied my original models.big (the one from EA)...updated it with Arroyo, Millar and Bonds cyberfaces....tried playing a game with the Angels....

And it crashed!!!!!!

Please help me!!!!

I am at a complete loss as to what to do....it seems like any cyberface update causes the game to crashbut only when I have Anahiem be one of the two teams....my only way out right now is to play with default rosters and faces!!!

ok let's take a deep breath and step away from the ledge...

first off there is a conflict between the cybers and the photos. which IMO correlates to the roster which you are using. so, who's roster are you using? there isn't a true standard here w/ the rosters which IMO is leading to these problems. faces and photos can't just be assigned randomly it has to be confined to the particular roster makers standards. so i recommend either kerms roster (which i use) or llcmacs hypnoxx's. then you need to find out where and how the created players are numbered. for instance in kerms roster bonds face would be 029. yet in the llcmac version it would be 002. so if u are using llcmacs and assigning bonds w/ 029 then a crash would result somewhere in the game, it MAY not be in a giants game, it may be in a game where whoevers cyberface slot you took up randomly should be. and so on. does this make sense? let's say i just randomly assign bonds w/ 029, but elsewhere lets just say griffey should be assigned 029. well bonds may be fine, yet down the road in a game vs cinci we're probably going to have a crash because there is a conflict. this is a loose crude example of course, but i assume you follow me here.

you mentioned spanish fly's rosters last night. i have not used them i have no clue how they are numbered, hopefully there is a standard being set here. i try not to worry about it because eventually if total minors is released we'll all be removing and reinstalling rosters anyway. but to solve your problem you need to stick to one roster for now (kerms or llcmac etc.) and install it. then delete the mbe file in mvpedit, now find out how these created players etc. have been numbered. reinstall a fresh models.big, reinstall cybers prtraits numbers etc. etc. then open mvpedit and reassign according to the roster, then export back in. each time you complete a succesful step backup the models and portraits.big etc. this is what you will have to do. switching out rosters will only lead to more heartache, as these rosters once again are not cohering to a strict numbering system ( i believe they are working towards that), start from the floor up again. this should resolve problems.

ok let's take a deep breath and step away from the ledge...

first off there is a conflict between the cybers and the photos. which IMO correlates to the roster which you are using. so, who's roster are you using? there isn't a true standard here w/ the rosters which IMO is leading to these problems. faces and photos can't just be assigned randomly it has to be confined to the particular roster makers standards. so i recommend either kerms roster (which i use) or llcmacs hypnoxx's.

I am currently using Spanish Fly's. I was using llmac's but want to try out a different set before the regular season started.

I am going to try what you described and use llmac's as the roster set.

Ram...thanks so much for following this thread...more so for following me on this one since I started a different one when I first came across this problem...and you helped me there too.

If you're using BigGUI to add these cyberfaces, that's where the problem may be.

BigGUI has a tendency to sometimes not compress all the files one is trying to compress or, in an even wierder case, it decompresses other files by mistake (normally located near the files that you just added).

If you're using BigGUI to add these cyberfaces, that's where the problem may be.

BigGUI has a tendency to sometimes not compress all the files one is trying to compress or, in an even wierder case, it decompresses other files by mistake (normally located near the files that you just added).

Thanks H. I noticed this in my travels into the late night abyss I ended up in.

So now I check every time before I close out of BigGUI (when I use it).

how do you know that in llcmac's rosters Bonds is 002? in the readme file for Bonds cyberface it says its 029 is Barry Bonds and Kazuhiro sasaki is (029)

BTW i use llcmac's and this worked?

or am i missing something?

because it is. they created a 002 slot for bonds where there wasn't one in the default roster from ea. since it is a created slot you can import the face to 002 or 029, and assign it that way in mvpedit. 0029 (0092) is not a created slot it is taking the space of someone else. thanks for questioning me though BUT, that's not the point. it was a THEORETICAL situation. i was using it as an EXAMPLE for mdaddy to relate to. if he is importing the faces into the wrong slots, it will cause problems down the line.

A good example of this is in this thread:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...opic&t=7776

For me, I haven't had any problems with Millar and Arroyo's faces. I'm using Kerm's so there's no problem. Also, checking on MVPEdit, none of the numbers on the Angels team are close to 37 or 408. But maybe since you are using a roster other than Kerm's then those numbers must have changed.

interesting never had a problem w/ delgado crashing the game. is this in a game vs. the giants or just all the time? mdaddy another good point you may stick w/ kerms rosters until everything is better organized, it's a little bit of a mess this early this year. i use kerms haven't had a crash.

A good example of this is in this thread:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...opic&t=7776

For me, I haven't had any problems with Millar and Arroyo's faces. I'm using Kerm's so there's no problem. Also, checking on MVPEdit, none of the numbers on the Angels team are close to 37 or 408. But maybe since you are using a roster other than Kerm's then those numbers must have changed.

Thanks....I actually read that thread when I found it in a search. Had some helpful hints.

And I did check the Angels rosters (MLB, AAA, AA, and A) and I saw that no player has an appearance number of 37 or 408. So I thought of that, but my game was still crashing with Anahiem, if I imported Arroyo's and Millars faces.

interesting never had a problem w/ delgado crashing the game. is this in a game vs. the giants or just all the time? mdaddy another good point you may stick w/ kerms rosters until everything is better organized, it's a little bit of a mess this early this year. i use kerms haven't had a crash.

I am going to try his instead. I am getting the same errors with llmac's.

Well, it's vs. the Marlins since Delgado's on the Marlins. And it would just crash on just him no any other players. I imagine it would be the same if he were placed on another team.

I think I just got it!!!! Shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch, but I just tried using EA Graphics Editor to imort Millars face instead of BigGUI and it did not crash with the Angles or Red Sox!!!

I am going to go to work now and try and get this all worked out.

I'll keep you posted.

Can you really just use EA Graph?

Why does everyone say that we have to use BigGUI?

I just used it for K-Rods cyberface and I started a game with the Angels and just went right to the bullpen. He can in the game just fine and no crashing.

I don't know why people say not to use EAGE...they'd know better than I would, but at this point I am going to try anything and see what works.

I am now onto try others.

OK guys....seems a little hit or miss right now. I am not getting consistent results. Once I imported the Arroyo and Millar cyberfaces using EAGE...I then had to go back and compress them using BigGUI.

I found this out b/c the game crashed when I tried to play with the BoSox and Arroyo as the starter. Also if I compressed K-Rods .fsh file (#303) along with Arroyo's and Millars, I had problems.

The only time I got this to work was when I imported all three players cyberfaces using EAGE. Then went and compressed Arroyos and Millars in BigGUI, while at the same time leaving K-Rods alone.

Its bed time. I'll get back to this tomorrow.

Well, it's vs. the Marlins since Delgado's on the Marlins. And it would just crash on just him no any other players. I imagine it would be the same if he were placed on another team.

no i was wondering if it was while any team played vs. the marlins or when the giants played the marlins (bonds) like if having th e2 faces in the same game together caused a crash. or maybe you play with the marlins all the time? i have a owner mode w/ the nationals and didn't crash against marlins, but i have dynasty w/ giants and would hate to have it happen.

mdaddy- good luck.

mdaddy- good luck.

I went back for another shot and I have it down...I think. I have imported 9 total cyber faces...none of which I used bigGUI for. Either I used EAGE or the .bat file that was part of the download. When I used bigGUI to compress the files I had to make sure so as not to compress the K-Rod c303.fsh file. All others were compressed and so far no problems observed.

I am using llmac&hypnoxxx's v3.5. I double check the appearance numbers before I do anything.

OK...Now I am really going to bed.

Ram....thanks much for all your help.....and everyone else too.

no i was wondering if it was while any team played vs. the marlins or when the giants played the marlins (bonds) like if having th e2 faces in the same game together caused a crash. or maybe you play with the marlins all the time? i have a owner mode w/ the nationals and didn't crash against marlins, but i have dynasty w/ giants and would hate to have it happen.

mdaddy- good luck.

It's any team vs. the marlins. As soon as you see Delgado, boom, it crashes. Doesn't matter if you're Giants, Angels, or Mets.

It's any team vs. the marlins. As soon as you see Delgado, boom, it crashes. Doesn't matter if you're Giants, Angels, or Mets.

This seems similar to the problem that I was having and why I started this thread. Although my game would crash even before the game started against the Angels. It didn't matter who was picthing or playing. It would start to load the game and as the status bar reached about half way...crash!!!

If you have not done so...read the posts by rambully in this thread. They helped me a lot.

Archived