Having Problem With Logitech Dual Action Gamepad

The Show

I'm having problems with this gamepad. Sometimes it works just fine but then suddenly, the left and right analog sticks start to function without me doing anything or don't function at all. For example, when pitching, sometimes I can move the cursor wherever I want but suddenly, to another hitter, I can't move it. Also, fielding, sometimes it works fine but suddenly the fielder starts diving and jumping and I don't press the right analog stick. :s This is my main problem right now, I can't play.

Well, it could be a couple of things that come to mind:

1. I assume you have set up the controller through Control Panel. If not, then that certainly needs to be done;

2. If the controller has been properly set up, then you just might have a bad controller. How old is it?

ez

These controllers have given people hell from last years game also. I have gone to a Saitek p880 to help me keep my hair.

Mine acts up too, but not as bad as his...My big problem comes with the D-Pad, and when I try to use the "View Lineup/Bullpen" option, and controlling baserunners...I'll press left on the D-Pad, and it will act like I am pressing up...

I bought it last year, same day I bought MVP 2004(July). It worked fine but it's acting up. Recently, I downloaded the latest drivers, recalibrated it again, it worked excellent but now it's acting up again. I think I'm gonna do what someone say, just calibrate it everytime I boot up. :(

I have the same issue, runners running back to first as soon as the ball is hit. I downloaded the new file off of Logitech's website and it may work sometimes, but this is a joke. I need another controller. Any suggestions out there?

I have the same issue, runners running back to first as soon as the ball is hit. I downloaded the new file off of Logitech's website and it may work sometimes, but this is a joke. I need another controller. Any suggestions out there?

The Saitek P880 is a good controller for this game. It only has two shoulder buttons but between the game and the software package that comes with the controller, the buttons can be customized. The only control function that I have not figured out how to do with the P880 is the "Quick Pickoff" move. I can do the "Standard Pickoff" (much slower movement).

What I don't understand is that the game manual is written based on a dual ananalog type controller (similar to the Logitech controller) but it does'nt work consistently in the game.

Other than the Quick Pickoff issue mentioned above, the P880 controller works beautifully. I did have a problem with my right thumbstick being backwards with the functions that it performed but by modifying the contolller.cfg file that was easily fixed. I found a fix here in the forums for this.

Archived