Crash at Anaheim

ezdriver

I attempted to play my first game at Angel Stadium today, and experienced a crash at the point between the menu options and where the game is loading your selections. I have only changed the portraits for the Angels and can play against them in my stadium with no problem, so I don't see the uni's as the issue. I have not seen a crash at all in the game up to this point.

Anybody got any ideas?

ez

I had the same kind of thing happen with me at the Metrodome. I uninstalled and re-installed and now I'm okay. I haven't tried re-installing any mods yet - so I'll probably just do one at a time and see if I can re-create the crash.

Good luck.

Evidently, it was my models.big file that the game didn't like. I had installed some cyberfaces yesterday, and thank God, I had also backed up before that point. Some trial and error quess work led me to the models.big file and I just replaced it with the one I had saved and now Angel Stadium works perfectly.

So, kids, the lesson to be learned today is _______________ ? :wink:

ez

I attempted to play my first game at Angel Stadium today, and experienced a crash at the point between the menu options and where the game is loading your selections. I have only changed the portraits for the Angels and can play against them in my stadium with no problem, so I don't see the uni's as the issue. I have not seen a crash at all in the game up to this point.

Anybody got any ideas?

ez

I think the problem lies in the K-Rod cyberface. If you leave it uncompressed in your models.big file everything should work fine.

I had the same problem as you and made a thread about it (http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7903). I too had to go through trial and error and at one point noticed that if I left the K-Rod cyberface uncompressed...everything worked fine. If I compressed it....crash.

Now with every cyberface I install, I check the Angels first. I start a home game with them and substitue K-Rod in for Colon as soon as Colon is on the mound.

The K-rod cyberface mod is there, but for some reason I have to leave it uncompressed in the models.big file.

If this is the problem....the thread I linked may help.

I have the K-rod cyberface & it's compressed & the game works fine. I had downloaded KC's uniform update. It's the home uniform of the Angels that caused the crash in my case. For some reason though when I reinstalled that uniform the game was good to go.

MaddiesDaddy & ezdriver ... Do you have this uniform mod installed on your computer?

Also, I think it may not really so much be the uniform mod, but perhaps a combination of that uniform with in addition, using fuzz one's uni editor to install uniforms that is somehow incompatible with KC's Angels home uniform. ( I mean the mere fact of installing ANY uniform may have the incompatibility with the KC's mod home Angel uniform . I am not referring to one who installs the Angels home uniform with the editor)

Btw... read this thread... http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...opic&t=8468

I had downloaded KC's uniform update... Do you have this uniform mod installed on your computer?

Yes, I have KC's uni's installed, but I can play a game between the Nat's and Angles at RFK and not have a problem. It's only when I play at Angel Stadium that I have the crash problem.

Like I said, I went back to an older models.big file that I had saved and now it works fine-and-dandy. Go figure. :roll:

ez

No No no... you don't need to do that. Read the thread I linked you to. I posted a solution for your problem. The reason you can play the Angels at RFK is because then the game does not use the Angels home uniform. THAT IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS. Just read my thread & you will be able to fix all your issues.

big shmooz: Being a bit new to some of this, a couple of questions:

1. I need to open the uniform.big file?

2. What tool do I open it with, BIGUI?

I'll try and fix it when I get home tonight. Thanks for the heads-up!

ez

No, it's simpler than that. As I posted in the other thread, you need to simply extract the uniforms from KC's uniform mod. Then go into the bat file & edit it to erase the installation of all the uniforms except uoooa.fsh.

You want the .bat file to look like this... gfxpak -p datamodels.big u000a.fsh

Then save the file just as I explain in the other thread. Then click on the bat file to install the uniform. (make sure to follow the other instructions I posted in the other thread too. (you need to have gfxpak & the actual uniform file u000a.fsh & the bat file itself in your main mvp2005 folder)

Archived