High Socks and Uni Editing Question

Jitter

I am messing around w/ creating a Older Pirates Jersey that has the high stock style. The problem is with players who arent assigned to high socks by default. The pants are all messed up because its seeing the sock part of the uniform as the pantleg. I have only messed w/ the 3 shirt fronts/back and the 3 pants files. Do I need to change something else for the socks to show up properly on all players? I kinda used the 1916 and 1979 jersey as a base so i know its possible, just not sure what im doing wrong. I did not overwrite any of the other uniforms, I placed the one I made on slot 11 w/ mvp studio if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Kevin

EDIT: I thought maybe it has something to do w/ the 0000.bmp? Also I am making 2x unis when i edit the 0000.bmp, do I need to change it to 256x256 as well?

Now im having another problem I dont understand.......Names/Numbers are showing up on the back fine, but theres supposed to be a number on the front and its not showing up. I compared my fsh to a default one and I dont really see any difference. I feel like im missing something easy, but just dont see it?

Is this the problem you're seeing:

bjays_retro.png

Also, the answer to your second question is, we don't know.

In order to get the numbers on the front of the unis, the only way to do it, at the moment, is to overwrite a jersey that already has them.

yes that is the exact sock problem I am having............I believe I see where the problem is, but dunno how to fix it. I looked in the uniforms.big file, and the size of the uniform I added 023l.fsh is extremely larger than any other file in there. I tried to export it and open it w/ nfshtool and got an error. I tried opening some of the other files in there and they all opened fine. I am not sure if mvp studio is causing the problem or not?

Edit: I looked the the uniforms.big file again, here is what I am seeing. The first file for a team (for example for the pirates 023) are roughly around 500,000. That makes sense because they have all the portraits. Now all the subsequent files 023a,b,c,d etc etc are the exact same size when uncompressed (112). I looked at the uni I added 023l and it is 2,105,456 instead of 112. I tried deleting it to see what would happen, and it ended up just coming back as the same size.

I used the mvp studio, but checked it afterward and it was compressed. I also edited the compression of index.fsh to QFS as was mentioned in another post. I have not tried overwriting any default unis yet, so maybe I need to overwrite one w/ high socks to get the result im looking for?

I hope you can find the problem and locate it. I would like to see that work out for you. I hate the stirrups even tho they were part of the game in that era. Todays game, noone uses the stirrups. I think they are outdated IMO. Good luck on that mod and hope you can figure it out. Make some old timers, and I will surely download them since noone else is doing that sort of mod....... :wink: :lol:

How does the PC have unis where all players have high socks? For example the pirates 1918 jerseys all unis have high socks. Maybe overwriting one of those would work? I am looking into the 1973 road jersey. It is a grayish color and has a roberto clemente commerative patch on the arm. I have a good picture of the front and back of the jersey, but am trying to find a better picture of the pants. Am also trying to find out what shoes, batting gloves etc etc they used back then.

Archived