Thats really weird;please read...

berniecub

Hi Guys,

finally i got my mVP to run with my new card; unfortunaely,there´s still a little bug in there...Got a radeon x800 pro

when i press the button on my controller to speed up gameplay in terms of player introduction or actual replays, all i see is a pixeled screen for 1 second or so...

kind of weird, anyone knows,how 2 unbug that???got latest catalyst driver,dxdiag gives me green light and i got a 2,1 Ghz P4 with 512 mB RAM

Besides that,can anyone tell me,why my game still crashes back to my desktop,with a in-game-resolution higher than 800x640???

What have you guys in terms of settings of your x800 pro???Anisotropic Filtering,Smoothvision etc.

Thx. 4 reading and if you can help me,really would appreciate it...

Berniecub,

I have a x800 XT, newest Cat. drivers, and a high-end PC and I see that pixelation between "cut-scenes" also. I didn't have it until I went from the Cat. 5.1 to the 5.3's. People have talked about this in the forum before, it is something with the 5.3's that causes that between cut-scenes. It is annoying, but doesn't seem to effect anything else.

As far as settings are concerned, I have EVERYTHING in game and on-card (in Control Panel) maxed out.

Smoothvision HD

AA: 6x

AF: 16x

AFM: Quality

Tex. Pref: High Quality

Mip. Det. Lev: High Quality

V-Sync: App Pref (enabled in game)

Truform: App Pref

Running at max in-game res for my monitor (Sony Flat Panel - 12ms response), 60hz, and get ZERO stutter since applying the new patch. The only graphical corruption I get is the one you mentioned in your post between the cut-scenes.

As per the crash question, that I have no idea as I have been lucky enough to never experience a in-game crash thus far.

Hope this gives you a starting point for your settings.

-Cowboy

Cowboy,

thx. a lot for the information!!! I´m gonna try that evening (for you it´s gonna be in the afternoon, since i´m from europe...)

I also got the 5.3 catalyst and besides the rather annoying cut-scenes-bug,the game runs properly...

Since theres no regular way to play the game on a console here, i aquired the new card with tv-out and it works pretty smooth...

At which resolution do you play???

Thx. again so much for your accurate help, appreciate it...

Berniecub

It may be card settings if your card is very low end. But your card does not seem to be a low end card. Direct X would not be an issue here either. Have you tried to play other games with this monitor at a higher than 800 x 600 resolution & the game works?

yeah,my card is a radeon x800 pro, is a good one...

played medal of honor with higher res...

interesting that when i click on auto detect, he chooses 800x600,even with the newest driver...

thx. so far four your great feedback guys...

Berniecub,

As per your question, I have been playing at 1280x1024 which is the maximum supported by the monitor.

Monitor Model: Sony SDM-HS95P/S

Hope that helps somewhat. Like I said earlier, no performance issues here, except the cut-scene pixelation which has been discussed in other threads before.

I will post system specs if you are curious/you think it would help in some way.

-Cowboy

@ cowboy,

my monitor supports higher resolutions, thats not a prob; as i play the game with tv out on my tv-set, i could go to 1024x768 on tv...

dont get me wrong guys, installed patch 2, 800x600 is pretty smooth,but the card was pretty expensive,would like to play at higher res...

i dont understand, why it works with other games, maybe with new catalyst driver 5.4 (just read here before, it´s been released...)

would like to get your system information, i got a 2,1 GHz P4 with 512 MB RAM and,as you know,radeon x800 pro...

once again, thx. a lot...

besides that, i´m really anxious to watch the cubs home opener today at wrigley via mlb.tv; due to time difference i can watch the game at primetime (8.20 pm),cant wait,till i get out of office ;)

take care ;)

Archived