.bmp to .fsh

MarkB

I've tried gfxpak, EA graphics editor, nfshtool and fshed and I simply can't figure this out.

How on earth do you create a .fsh file from your .bmp file? I know how to add the .fsh file into the portrait.big, but actually making the .fsh file first has me totally lost.

Anyone got any ideas?

here's what I do (by no means the rule). I create a portrait in PS, w/transparent background and save it as .psd. Then take any portrait fsh (doesn't matter since they're all 128x128). Open it w/EAGE, tools/import your psd - close EAGE.

Right-click on fsh file and open w/nfshtool - this creates a folder w/bmp, alpha and some other file (index maybe). Then I use MVPEdit to put the new portrait in.

Hope this helps

OK, it was going well until I tried to open the .fsh file with nfshtool - when I do that, it brings up the information on it etc. then a warning saying this:

Warning: bad length ? 66701 instead of 65680

FSH data (65680 bytes).

Unpacking to directory C:blah blah blah

And the active cursor under it, but it doesn't advance any from there. It creates a folder in the working folder with the same number as the .fsh file and creates an empty file in there named index.fsh. It just stays like that, though.

I think I remember seeing a size option when I created the .fsh, so that might be helpful. I'll give that a shot.

I could be missing your question, but if you assign a number to a player, then add the photo & alpha to MVP Edit, it will create that number's fsh file (or replace an existing one) in the portrait.big that you have MVP Edit pointed to.

I've assigned an audio/photo ID number to the player (In the Player tab).

I read the tutorial in the FAQ section, and that explained how to add the image into MVP Edit, but when I even try to show the pictures in MVP Edit, gfxpak.exe generates an error.

I've assigned an audio/photo ID number to the player (In the Player tab).

I read the tutorial in the FAQ section, and that explained how to add the image into MVP Edit, but when I even try to show the pictures in MVP Edit, gfxpak.exe generates an error.

delete whatever mbe you've created and start from scratch. First import/DAT files (datadatabase folder) and name it "roster". Then see if it still gives you an error

Does the portrait.big you are using have too many pics in it? I know last year I had a problem where I could have tons of pics in the portrait.big, but MVP Edit couldn't support that many. Try and point MVP Edit to a copy of the original portrait.big Then try the same process to that. If it works, extract the .fsh from the original portrait.big, and add it to the one you were try to use with EA Graphics Editor. Hope that made sense.

Archived