How do you play/want to play Total Classics?

capa

How do you play/want to play Total Classics?  

20 members have voted

1. 1.

• Exhibition only
    • Dynasty - one season only
    • Won't use..I am only interested in current teams

Assuming that in the next release, all ML teams will be classic teams as well as the current minor leagues clubs, how do you think you will play?

Dynasty selection means there needs to be a way to stop player movement from team to team as well as minor league callups. Turning off injuries and prohibiting cpu trades helps...I am just not sure there is a way to stop callups to the majors.

The only way to accomplish this may be to only have classic teams in the ML slots and leave the minor leagues as is today. Then using MVPEDIT to globally assign a "1" to all players in the minors for the critical attributes. This way, they would never be considered ready for the majors.

As of now, I chose exhibition only, but would love to create a whole dynasty (early 60's or mid 70's season) depending on how the mods progress.

I'm really just grateful to be able to play these "classic" games right now, but if everything goes well, a dynasty would be my choice.

Actually, I'm glad you left the Majors as is. What I am doing is making trades to make the major league teams a conglomerate of the best players from the classic teams. So I've got Mantle and Ruth on the same Yankees team for example. Some of the teams haven't yet been represented at all like the Phils. I'm also looking forward to seeing the '59 White Sox, hopefully. Once I get all the teams arranged I'm going to start a dynasty with the '69 Cubs.

It might be fun to pay a dynasty as a superteam against a slew of other superteams, or choose to keep one historical team intact against a slew of superteams, but it's more fun to play exhibition at this point with these teams. You can replay playoffs and world series in exhibition mode if you remember in your head who won the previous games.

I guess this is somewhat confusing-If you make a dynasty using the classics as Fuzz just did you can take your team through a season against other classics and in the end play playoffs and world series against the best-this doesnt eliminate exhibition -you can still choose teams to play in that mode anytime you want

Looks close so far-I think it would be great to have several 64 teams and 61 teams in the same divisions and see if the same teams win as they did in the past-Fuzz says it is possible to do this and I would enjoy playing it that way-kind of like the strategy game like strat-o-matic does, only this is 1000 times more fun-but again I had no call ups in 2004 playing dynasty with those classics and I have started 3 new ones with this one-so far no call-ups with injuries off and trades off

Archived