Cut Off button

Valery Prikhodko

Say there is a runner on second and the batter hits it to the outfield and there is a play at the plate. Once you throw it you realize that the guy is going to score. The guy batting is trying to stretch it into a double, you can cut off the ball and try to get the batter out at second.

Or if you want to try to make a throw from the outfield to home and you know that your outfielder can't throw that far, you can have him throw it to the cutoff man (typically the second baseman or shortstop) and the cutoff man can then throw to the plate.

In MVP Baseball I see cutoff man, but in MVP 2005 now is named relay man or i'm wrong?

yes it is the same as cut-off man. Also used to just shorten the distance, especially if your outfielders accuracy is bad. throw it to the relay guy at second, instead of a short throw to 3rd or if the runner keeps going to home. It is very useful.

Another question. Can I from the outfield pass directly to the pitcher, not to relay man or at any base?

nope. only if you want to throw one out at first base. Pitcher is always near 1st base. No button to throw to the pitcher specifically....don't you read the manual????

Nope. I don't have manual. In our country as a result of high software piracy and not high people salary software publishers sold game releases in the "jewel box". Box, CD or DVD inside, color cover on box and it's all. No printing, no bonus, but only 5-7$ for any game. What's life...

Archived