Strange OF movement??

Materfiend

I'm not sure if this is a data file error or an EA thing but this problem seems to be rearing it's ugly head time after time.

On several occasions when playing defense, I've noticed the bizzare approach to the OF fielding of fly balls.

An example of this would be, a ball is hit to the outfield ( I play pitcher to batter perspective ) the CPU will automatically highlight the closest player in position to field the ball. You try to move that highlighted player into position and he won't move. Then suddenly, instead of the OF closing in on the ball he begins to backpedal and the OF that's even further away is the guy that attempts to field the ball before it drops into play (which they can't)?? I've even seen the OF back off and start running to other spots on the field trying to play a shallow fly???

To compound this probelm I notice that it becomes more ridiculous when you elevate the skill level??

This still happens even if you set you defense prior to an at-bat. The ball could be dropping right in front of the player and he would start heading somewhere else and let the fly drop??! WHY??

The problem is not as nearly as bad with the infield but from time to they seem to be ready to do something else and let the go through the gap.

I started to wonder if this could be a data file issue, I'm not sure.

Has any one else encountered this similar issue, and if so how was the probelm corrected?

From a man trying to avoid putting this game down for good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived