Problem Installing PBClassics Face Pack

hoosier4974

I am having a problem getting these faces exported to the game.

For one thing, the instructions say to open the enclosed .mbe file (pbtclassicsphaseone.mbe) but the only .mbe file included with this download is pbtcphase2fixed.mbe

Other than the name discrepancy, the problem I'm getting is when I try to export this to the game it comes up and says that it can not proceed because the 2000 Yankees do not have 22 players.

Any suggestions on this ??

Did you try running the .bat file after copying all the files from the faces directory into your MVP2005 directory? I think the directions are included in the zip file.

I would wait until TC2 is uploaded (hopefully today!!!)...I think Fuzz included all the faces in the phase 2 package...

C

Yeah Canseco is the 23rd player. It worked for me, sorry. I guess you'll need to delete someone from that roster.

Did anyone else have this problem? I've posted photos of Canseco in the game as the 23rd player, so it did work for me. Maybe you have to add him manually?

BTW there ARE manual installation instructions in there if you get stuck. The face #'s are in two different text files. Good luck.

Yeah Canseco is the 23rd player. It worked for me, sorry. I guess you'll need to delete someone from that roster.

Did anyone else have this problem? I've posted photos of Canseco in the game as the 23rd player, so it did work for me. Maybe you have to add him manually?

BTW there ARE manual installation instructions in there if you get stuck. The face #'s are in two different text files. Good luck.

Peter, maybe I'm just an uber-noob, because I can't get the .mbe file included in your download to export correctly. Just for giggles I deleted Canseco from the 2000 Yanks and then tried an export and then it tells me that the 70 Orioles don't have 22 players.....upon closer inspection, they have 25 !!!!! I thought 25 was the max players per team, if so why is MVPedit burping on a team that meets this requirement, and in the case of the 200 Yanks, they are underneath the roster max.

I am soooooooo confused :?

hoosier, just for giggles, why dont you tell me what version of mvpedit your using?

:)

Well I was using 2005.2 but after seeing your post, I downloaded 2005.4 (most recent). This solved the import problem; however, I went into the game to check the Reggie Jackson face (using the 73 A's) and he did not have his glasses on......Grrrrrrr !!! :x

What am I doing wrong ?? I followed the instructions, put the contents of the Faces directory into my special directory for the Classics version of MVP2005 (root level) and then ran the install.bat file. Based on the instructions, I used MVPEdit to open the .mbe file that was included in Peter's download (see my first post regarding a different name). All I did was load that .mbe file and then exported back to the game (again I used my speciial Classics directory). Was this correct?? Before doing so, I checked Reggie's player info and it showed the correct photo number.

Oh yeah, as instructed I went into the game, chose to reset rosters, then saved them. I restarted the game and checked Reggie again....nO DICE !!!

I'm gonna shoot myself !!!!! LOL

HELP please *big tears*

your just installing it wrong bro. Ur not following instructions to a T if i had to guess.

The Face pack is for those who have preferences with which face they want to use and so on. If it's becoming a headache, i'd just wait for Phase 2 which has all except jose canseco face installed.

i'm uploading phase 2 right now. Your other option is peter will take the time to walk u thru it.

yeah, i was also supposed to add the 1990 As since Mcgwire and Canseco faces are available, however, just not enough time right now. Phase 3 hopefully will include the 1990 As and 29 more teams. And hopefully another oldtime stadium and an overlay -- but who knows.

The only faces not available in the package is bernard's canseco, and jogar's faces -- but only because i really dont have time to go back and install faces and modify the rosters and so on.

It's easy enough to do it yourself when u install once face at a time.

Archived