The Marlins Dynasty

endeavor

MIAMI HERALD October 2005

MARLINS "fly" past METS

Marlins catcher Paul LoDuca said: "...kind of surreal, how this series turned out", as the Marlins just dropped 3 (!!!) runs over this 5 game series, losing only Game 4 in New York, 2:1. Other than that it was cruise control all the way with both Willis and Beckett pitching shutout baseball in Game 1 and 2 respectively. 11:0, 6:0, 7:1, 0:2 and Game 5 8:1. Carlos Beltran deeply disappointed: "I can't believe this is over, it hasn't even begun!" ..."gotta give this team a lot of credit though, they could go all the way"

2ndround4qb.jpg

The Anaheim Angels moved past the Tigers to secure their tickets for the World Series, which will start Monday night in Florida. We expect this to be a hard fought series, with Game 7 being a high probability.

MARLINS WORLD SERIES CHAMPS...2005

frontoffice9gc.jpg

The Florida Marlins just made an already brilliant season even better, beating the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in the WS 4:1. The red hot Carlos Delgado snagged the triple crown, recording a batting avg of .382, 5 HR's and 15 RBI, cashing in on the Marlins' hope when signing the 1st baseman some 9 mths ago. "That is why we got him" McKeon commented, drenched in champagne. Delgado's Playoff stats...

splayoffstats8wu.jpg

The Angels never really came to, just too much fish from the beginning. Losing both game 1 and 2 in extra innings they finally got one @ Angels Stadium, a hard fought 4:3 win, in which Rodriguez nearly blew the save. Coming back the next day, the Angels had high hopes to continue where they left off, only to suffer a 5 run 2nd inning onslaught, from which it was impossible to come back, losing that game 7:5 in the end. With their backs against the wall, the Angels failed to catch "on fire" and went down scoring just 1 run in Game 5. :?

celebrae4db.jpg

What a season it has been, the Marlins come out on top! Next will be weeks of celebration in FA, hehe. 8)8):lol:

ALMOST forgot, Randy Johnson called it quits after this season, earning a respectable 15 Win season.

johnsonretired2hf.jpg

It has been a fun season, lots of playing time, but the WORLD SERIES win in my first try and with the new rosters out and all, I decided to discontinue this Dynasty, and even though there were some nice hard fought games, the Marlins don't present the challenge I was looking for, even though I reached all my personal goals. Off to a new challenge.

I will begin a new Dynasty soon, just looking for a team now, which will be quite the process in itself, cause I struggle with this more than any aspect of the game :o I wonder if going with Baltimore, battling the AL EAST is more of a challenge than chosing a potential losing team to try and make the playoffs.

Any thoughts? Thanks to everybody that checked in on this. I might do the next one, more professional, similar to olyrunner's maybe.

well endeavor i just read this whole entire thread and i loved it this was fantaztic and i think you really should do another maybe with the pirates :lol: sorry only team that ever comes to mind but this was a great thread and your talented at this so dont stop and fight for yyur right to do another

Thank you Go_Bucs! I really appreciate that, I will do another Dynasty soon and I am taking the Pirates into consideration, no doubt this would be a mountain of a challange. Also looking at the Reds and 2 other teams, and I intend to keep it for the 3 initial years one has as a manager.

LOL, the computer does some wierd things like TB putting Carl Crawford on the Block and ATL trading Adam LaRoche for Yadier Molina. Wonder what happened to Estrada..

right indeed. Blew my mind! He had the "angry red face" the entire time, even on my team, hehe, but did well. He kept complaining about his playing time no matter what I did, or where I moved him, or even rested him :(

i was just thinkin maybe consider the chi sox see if you can do as good as they really are doing and see how it all ends up

Certainly interesting, too. Guess I am looking @ 4 teams, Orioles, Pirates, Reds, White Sox...

White Sox and O's would be a challenge to see if, like you mentioned, can do as well, and of course the O's AL-East division is more than intense.

Pirates and Reds simply because they got nothing to show for in years, and it would be a nice challenge to try and change that.

I really wanted to go for the Pirates, I might still go with them, although I do feel odd with it, since gcurrier started one on Dynasty Manager, by the way good luck there mate and I as well was gonna do this one on Dynatsy Manager. 2 seems silly, or what do you guys think? It would be the Chi Sox or the O's I guess.

I would go with the O's, I love playing in that park and trying to hit the warehouse. Thats one of the things I like bout MLB 2006, it actually shows the ball hitting off those random objects in and around the stadium.

Yup, I will take the Orioles. It will be a huge challange in the AL East, and under TEAM GOALS they already set 1 WS win within 3 years. So, ther ya go. Seems like a good challenge. I will check out Dynasty Manager and try to get familiar with it. Thx for the suggestions and BIG O this will be quite a treat all season long, thx for Camden :D

Archived