Colorado Rockies Dynasty (Owner Mode)

TobiasLS

I have enjoyed reading everyones dynastys so I thought that I would start one here for all to read. I will be taking the Colorado Rockies and I am using the Ultimate rosters set by llcmac/HypnoxXx/Snash13. I will be playing the games in Pro mode and the odds are stacked against me winning alot of games as I will be doing manual fielding, something that I have NEVER done in the past.

Sounds like fun and I will keep you all informed...

Without having the numbers right in front of me, I do remember I have the CPU hitting at 50 contact and 30 power. Human is 30 contact and 13 power. These numbers could be off a bit as I am going by memory. With me playing the defense manually, it does help even out the odds a bit as well.

Well I just had the home opener VS Woody Williams and the San Diego Padres. I came away with a 2-0 win thanks to a 390 ft. blast (sort of a blast anyways) by Todd Helton.

I do realize that with a payroll of 69 mil and the budget being set to Medium, payroll cutting will be the next thing.

2 8 0

0 5 0

Winner - J Young

Loser - Woody Williams

Save - Dohnmann (1)

Well things are going along in my Rockies dynasty. I have been able to get the payroll down to $51 mil without losing alot of talent. The main problem I am having is with the pitching, the bullpen in particular. Starters are ok but the bullpen is stinking up the joint so far. Then an injury hit. Jeff Francis with a torn rotator cuff and is out FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. OUCH! Now I have to either find a starter or call someone up. I had a pic of this using Fraps but I can't figure out how to get it on here. I used imageshack and I was given a link. But when I try to post it, it comes out looking like this...

my.php?loc=img93&image=injury0qg.png

Help anyone???

Letter to the Editor

My name is Specs Norton and I just want to express my thoughts on the play of my Colorado Rockies. For the third game in a row, I saw, last night, my beloveds carry a lead into the later innings only to have the "blow"pen do its thing. When we got the new owner we as fans were told that things would change.... well I have news to him from all the Rockie fans....SAME OLD SAME OLD!

Here are some stats I have compiled in the team thus far

Jason Jennings - 0-1 7.20

Joe Kennedy - 0-2 3.79

Shawn Chacon - 1-0 1.40 (teams best by far)

Omar Daal - 1-0 0.00 (one start since signing him off the FA list)

Jamey Wright - 1-1 5.91

Allan Simpson - 0-2 7.20

Javier Lopez - 0-1 1.93

Ryan Bukvich - 0-1 9.00

Brian Fuentes - 0-0 6.35

Billy Koch - 0-0 0.00 (just acquired)

Scott Dohmann 0-0 1.69 with 3 saves

Not too good people and us fans are going to sit and waut for the boys to turn it around....FOR NOW!

Specs Norton

season ticket holder for the Colorado Rockies for MVP 2005

how do you post pictures again? and where can i go to download that program and you can take snapshots of?

I use Fraps, available at Fraps.com???? And I host the pics at imageshack.us. Do a search on these things and you will find all the info you need.

also what sliders do you use?

I am not real sure what you mean here but I use the BigUnits datafile (great job BTW) and the sliders are based on ALOT of peoples ideas and alot of tweaking of my own.

Damn, looks like Jeff Francis is out for like 2 seasons, 255 days, that a whole lot.

The worst thing was that he had 2 REAL bad starts to begin the season and you just knew he was going to turn it around.... next year I guess

also, i went to imageshack to host my pictures, but when i host them it doesnt show up (i got other pictures to work, but not my screenshots) is there something I have to do? they are .bmp files. They are over 1 MB each, do i have to compress them? How do I do that? Did you do anything to your screenshots before you posted them?

also, i went to imageshack to host my pictures, but when i host them it doesnt show up (i got other pictures to work, but not my screenshots) is there something I have to do? they are .bmp files. They are over 1 MB each, do i have to compress them? How do I do that? Did you do anything to your screenshots before you posted them?

I changed mine to .jpg format using Photo Impression. This shrinks the size big time. I also use the Forum Message 1 and just copy and paste into the message here.

After the month of April, here are some numbers of my Rockies...

standing8dr.jpg

Todd Helton - .333 6 HR 14 RBI

Luis Gonzales - .256 0 HRs 8 RBI

Aaron Miles - .250 1 HR 8 RBI

Garrett Atkins - .194 0 HRS 2 RBI

Dallas McPherson - .270 0 HR 3 RBI

J.D. Closser - .242 0 HRs 5 RBI

Todd Greene - .275 2 HRs 6 RBI

Jorge Piedra - .273 0 HR 1 RBI

Jeremy Reed - .303 0 HRs 10 RBI

Matt Holliday - .312 2 HRs 13 RBI

Brad Hawpe - .231 0 HRs 0 RBI

Dustan Mohr - .278 3 HRs 12 RBI

Clint Barmes - .125 0 HRs 2 RBI

Desi Relaford - .274 0 HRs 6 RBI

Jamey Wright - 2-2 6.41 ERA

Joe Kennedy - 0-2 3.21 ERA

Jason Jennings - 2-1 3.52 ERA

Jeff Francis - 0-0 11.25 ERA

Omar Daal - 2-2 3.33 ERA

Shawn Chacon - 1-2 3.90 ERA

Javier Lopez - 0-1 1.93 ERA

Billy Koch - 1-0 3.72 ERA

Brian Fuentes - 0-0 5.59 ERA

Scott Dohmann - 0-0 0.79 ERA 9 Saves

Marcos Carvajel - 0-2 2.70 ERA

Ryan Bukvich - 1-1 4.38 ERA

Changes are going to have to be made...but we will see how it goes for the next month or so.

Well I guess I could not wait. I acquired Adam Dunn and Zach Day today in 2 seperate deals. Gone, in no particular order, are Jamey Wright, Dustan Mohr, Brian Fuentes and Garret Atkins plus a couple of minor leaguers. Payroll went up about 7 mil but we will see if it is going to help the W/L section.

The team is in trouble. NO HITTING AT ALL! Here is what we did the last game...a GOOD game hitting wise compared to quite a few lately...

standing9zg.jpg

If it wasnt for the newly acquired Dunn in this game, ouch. Here is my month of MAy so far...

may1iq.jpg

Here is the question for all...should I think of moving Todd Helton? He is the 17 million dollar man on this roster (a little less than 1/3 of the total salary). He has been the most consistant hitter I have, but if I did, could I maybe get a couple good hitters in return to replace some of the .240 hitters... I really am stumped on this one...HELP!

Helton is a Rockie, he should stay a Rockie. I think if you give Reed, Holiday, and Gonzalez to develop, the addition of Dunn would make a very sufficient lineup.

I say keep him, he wont request 17 mil the rest of his career, anything below 9 is a steal.

Archived