Colorado Rockies Dynasty (Owner Mode)

TobiasLS

Helton is a Rockie, he should stay a Rockie. I think if you give Reed, Holiday, and Gonzalez to develop, the addition of Dunn would make a very sufficient lineup.

I say keep him, he wont request 17 mil the rest of his career, anything below 9 is a steal.

He is signed for 7 years or something...

This is the first "Game of the Day." This game stars the San Fran Giants and my Colorado Rockies. The starters in the game are for the Giants, 0-2 Jesse Foppert and for the Rockies, 0-3 Joe Kennedy.

This one was actually a beauty. The first innings the Rockies had the sacks full with 1 out and only managed a run. After 9 innings the scored was tied 2-2. It took 11 innings and one real tight jam in the 10th where the Giants had 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Jeremy Affeldt had to pitch out of it before Todd Helton spanked one over a drawn in outfield with the sacks full to win the game 3-2.

after13hr.jpg

after28ql.jpg

Next "game of the day" will be posted before it is due to start. Hope you liked it.

After a 3 game sweep at the hands of the Pirates, the Rockies open a 3 gamer against the Brewers. The next "Game of the Day" will be the first game of the series. The probable starters are Gary Glover (1-3) with a 2.85 ERA against Omar Daal (4-3) 2.29 ERA. The game story will be posted after the game has been played...PLAY BALL!!!

Game of the Day time again. Todays game pitts the Milwaukee Brewers against the Colorado Rockies at Miller Park in Milwaukee. The starters for todays game are for the Brewers, Gary Glover with his 1-3 record and his 2.85 ERA, and for the Rockies Omar Daal and his 4-3 record. Daal has an ERA of 2.29 and is the only starter Colorado has with a winning record.

Todd Helton puts the Rockies ahead in the 1st with an RBI single. In the top of the third, this is what happened...

dunnhr9gd.jpg

a 409 foot shot by Adam Dunn made it a 2-0 game. After throwing his first pitch of the 4th inning, Glover was replaced by Chris Capuano. It was later revealed that Glover had a strained left ribcage and will be out another 9 days.

The top of the 6th Tom Wilson has a 2 RBI double off Capuano to make it a 4-0 game. In the bottom of the 7th, all hell breaks loose. Daal hits Lyle Overby and he charges the mound. After it was all said and done the Rockie 3 bagger McPherson was ejected. (Why I am not too sure).

On to the bottom of the 8th off reliever Marcos Carvajal, Carlos Lee had an RBI double making it a 4-1 game. The next batter was Geoff Jenkins and he slamed a 411 foot HR to make it a 4-3 game.

Scott Dohmann came in for the 9th and set them down 1,2 & 3 to end the game. Here are the final numbers...

box13je.jpg

box22no.jpg

Thanks for reading and the next Game of the Day will be posted later...

The Game of the Day for today will feature the Colorado Rockies and the St. Louis Cardinals. Probable starter for the Rockies will be the 2-4 Zach Day. He has an ERA of 3.33. At Press time there has been no announcement as to the St. Louis starter. Game date will be May 31. See you then!

Well it is Game of time again. This features the Colorado Rockies and the St Louis Cardinals. The starter will be Zach Day for Colorado and Cris Carpenter for the Cards. Carpenter has a 6-2 record this season with an ERA of 3.18. The Cards are 34-16 and the Rockies are 24-27. The Rockies won the previous game breaking the Cards 10 game winning streak. Lets see what this game brings...

Basically for 8 innings this was a pitchers duel fom hell.... Carpenter matched Day pitch for pitch. In the 9th things changed. Jim Edmonds led off the inning with w wall scraper HR to give the Cards a 1-0 lead. The pitcher was Jamie Affeldt. He then proceeded to get the rest of the batters in order to take it to the bottom of the ninth. In came Jason Isringhausen, the closer of the Cards. With 2 out, Todd Helton hit a 462 foot bomb to tie the score at 1-1.

Now we will fast forward to the top of the 12 when, with Tim Drew pitching for the Rockies, last years poster boy, Pujols came up with the sacks full. Here is what he did...

pujols9qh.jpg

A Grand Salami into the upper deck for a 5-1 lead which is how this one finished.

The winning pitcher was Mark Guthrie with a record now of 4-2. The loser was Tim Drew with a record of 0-1.

Thanks for tuning in and stay tuned for the next Game of the Day!!!

• 3 weeks later...

With all of the Colorado Rockie dynastys starting up, I just thought I would let everyone know that my dynasty is now into the dog days of August and the Rockies are 2.5 back of the division lead. Check it out at Dynasty Manager...Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Archived