The best laid plans (of mice and modders)....

Jim825

After having early success with taking a new approach to adding team portraits to the Classics portrait.big file, I ran into a wall over the weekend and my goal of getting portraits in the game for ALL teams now seems unattainable.

I initially removed the portraits for all current MLB players from the portrait.big file. I then started adding portraits for the classic teams, and my early testing went well, but eventually, the game started crashing, even though the size of my portrait.big file was less than half the size of the default file.

It appears that there is a limit to the number of additional portraits you add to the file, even if you remove most of the original portraits. I tried a number of different ideas, but could not come up with something that would allow the game to run without crashing.

I guess I'm going to have to be content with simply adding portraits for an additional 5 or 6 teams. :(

As I said in another thread, it appears that my problems started when I replaced the default Mickey Mantle portrait. Now that I am using the default portrait, things are moving along smoothly again, so I have restarted this project. :D

Archived