New To Mvp!

arod914

Hi everyone...i was an avid fan of MVP 2003 and 2004 but for some reason or another I never actually got MVP 2005 when it was released. I have owned an xbox 360 for the past 3 years, and needless to say I have not been getting my baseball fix for those years. After constantly reading about how good 2005 was and still is, I finally decided to purchase it (although I initally thought it was very expensive for an older game). I got the game yesterday and after playing my first game, I finally felt I had a complete baseball game even though the rosters were outdated. This leads me to my next point..

I can't believe all the work that you guys and the guys over at Eamods have done to this game. Although I was apprehensive about downloading the MVP 08 because it seemed all too complicated, I was pleasantly surprised about how smooth the process was. Its like a brand new game and now I feel the $45 I payed for the game is totally worth it! :D

I just have one question about the xbox 360 controller I am using to control the game. Yes, I did read through that 12 page thread about the xbox 360 controller but it seems outdated with all the links leading back to the homepage of mvpmods.com....Most of my buttons are mapped correctly, however I cannot use the controller in the menues to navigate the screens. Minor inconvenience, but if anyone could help, It would really make like easier...

Again, Thanks to EVERYONE who have made this game awesome and continue to support it. I look forward to getting more involved with this community.

Peace - aRod

tebjr, I guess I just got lucky and bid at the right time to get it for $45, I did not realized till days later that some were selling the game for as much a $100...now Im even happier with my purchase.

xiberger, thanks for the info. Ill def look into using the joytokey program.

I have a couple more questions...

1. When I play in some stadiums, The background for some objects are not there, but instead there is a large body of Red text that reads "missing

text"...is there anyway to fix that or is that norm with the MVP 08 mod?

2. Is there a set of sliders that most find the "best" or do most just set up their own?

3. Lastly, what other mods would you guys suggest in addition to the total conversion mod?

Thanks again.

Regarding your questions:

1.) Make sure you've got the option for "Stadium Detail Level" in your video menu set to "High".

2.) When it comes to sliders, tweaking is the magic word. Look into some sliders on this site, play with them and adjust them accoding to your skills.

3.) If you want the fans at all MLB stadiums to have custom outfits, check out my very own Crowd Changer mod.

I'm using a little program called JoyToKey, which allows you to use your controller as a mouse. That way I can use my gamepad to navigate through the menu screens. For instructions on how to configure it for your xbox 360 controller, check out this post.

You sir, are a god. I had no idea there was such a program. Definitely setting this up later.

Regarding your questions:

1.) Make sure you've got the option for "Stadium Detail Level" in your video menu set to "High".

/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=2525"]Crowd Changer mod.

aha...that was the problem. I had set the stadium detail level to low...thanks for the tip!

cococrispy whenever you get a chance...could you please post the way your way to configure the controller. I'd like to compare and contrast to the method used by xiberger to see what is easier.

I know I mentioned earlier about sliders. I did do a search and read through many threads, however I don't think I found what I was looking for. Can someone provide a link to sliders that most are using and then I can adjust to my liking from there. Also, with sliders, do I manually adjust or is there a folder that I can adjust my sliders in ala xbox 360 controller mapping.

Thanks- aRod

How to get the 360 controller working:

First off, if you're running Vista, drivers install automatically. In fact, go to Windows Update and there's brand new drivers published in Sept 08! There is no need for XBCD.

Here are the steps:

1 Plug in the wired XBOX360 controller.

2 Let drivers automatically load.

3 Go to Windows Update to get the Sept 08 drivers.

4 Go to MVP Baseball 2005, then exit.

5 Go to your Documents folder, open the controller.cfg with notepad.

Leave this area of text ALONE:

profile= Controller_(XBOX_360_For_Windows) 

device= Controller_(XBOX_360_For_Windows) 

player= 1 

number_of_buttons= 10 

number_of_povs= 1 

number_of_axis= 5
Do NOT copy and paste ^. Every computer names the 360 controller differently. Leave that text alone in the controller cfg. After that area of text, press enter, and paste this:
VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_START= button 8

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SELECT= button 10

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CROSS= button 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CIRCLE= button 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SQUARE= button 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_TRIANGLE= button 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L1= button 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R1= button 6

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L2= button 6

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R2= button 8

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L3= not_assigned -1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R3= not_assigned -1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_UP= pov0 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_DOWN= pov180 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_LEFT= pov270 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT= pov90 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_UP= axis+ 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_DOWN= axis- 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+ 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis- 5

VPAD_PITCH_1= button 1

VPAD_PITCH_2= button 2

VPAD_PITCH_3= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_4= button 4

VPAD_PITCH_5= button 6

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_FIRST= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_SECOND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_THIRD= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_OUT= button 1

VPAD_THROW_BALL= not_assigned -1

VPAD_INTENTIONAL_WALK= axis- 3

VPAD_INTENTIONAL_HITBATTER= axis+ 3

VPAD_PITCH_HISTORY_OPEN= button 7

VPAD_SWING_NORMAL= button 1

VPAD_SWING_BUNT= axis- 3

VPAD_CHARGE_MOUND= axis+ 3

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_FIRST= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_SECOND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_THIRD= button 3

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_HOME= button 1

VPAD_FIELD_SWITCH= button 6

VPAD_FIELD_RELAY_THROW= button 5

VPAD_FIELD_CUTOFF_THROW= axis- 3

VPAD_FIELD_FAKE_RUNDOWN_THROW= axis+ 3

VPAD_RUNNER_FIRST_SELECT= button 2

VPAD_RUNNER_SECOND_SELECT= button 4

VPAD_RUNNER_THIRD_SELECT= button 3

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNFIRST= pov90 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNSECOND= pov0 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNTHIRD= pov270 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNHOME2SCORE= pov180 1

VPAD_BASERUNNER_ADVANCEALL= button 5

VPAD_BASERUNNER_RETREATALL= button 6

Thanks to the guy who helped me on this. If it doesn't work, be feel to ask what the problem is. Like I said before, I hurried this up (since I am really busy atm).

Archived