~Return Of The Elephants~Oakland Athletics 2010

rookie_rick

I didn't try zooming in so much :facepalm: At 200% the lasso kept cutting pieces off of Chavez and also my pictures were taken to far away from the player so they would have been too small.

Well i know for next time and i will try to get it right :D

Yeah, the source pic needs to be bigger than what you ultimately want to use. You can always make the pic smaller, but making it larger will reduce the quality. Once you get it basically, it becomes second nature.

BTW, good win over the Orioles. 3 runs on 5 hits? Those are the kinds of wins you gotta love. :)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the source pic needs to be bigger than what you ultimately want to use. You can always make the pic smaller, but making it larger will reduce the quality. Once you get it basically, it becomes second nature.

BTW, good win over the Orioles. 3 runs on 5 hits? Those are the kinds of wins you gotta love. :)

Yeah, i will have to start practicing.

I really didn't think i could win this one but "small ball" helped me score the go ahead runs as well as an error by the Orioles.

rick, just wanted to let you know I'm almost caught up with the real schedule. I'll be playing yesterday's (April 16th) and today's (April 17th) games in a short while.  Just curious how you're going to play your games this year, I just figured since we're both playing with Oakland, it might be kind of fun to compare seasons.  Of course, do it however you want to, I was more curious than anything.

But man, I'm telling you, I had no idea how fun this game could actually be.  Since the sliders actually do work this year (may have last year, I don't know), I've been playing a few games, adjusting a bit, and then continuing on.  I can honestly say I've not seen this much variance in any baseball game I've ever played.  Not to mention just the fun factor.  Check out the last few games I've played, they are so different from one another, that it makes you realize every time you step onto the field there really is no set course, and that's the way it should be.

Here are the line scores from the past few games.  I realize the boxscore would be helpful too, but you can pretty much gauge how these games have played out:

April 11th vs LAA:

This game was pretty much a pitcher's duel until very late in the game, as you can see, nothing really happened until the 7th inning.  And from there, it was exciting as he**.  :)

April 12th vs Seattle:

The next day against Seattle was totally different.  The Mariners jumped on me right out of the gate.  I was down 7-1 before I even knew what hit me.  I had the bullpen fired up by the 3rd inning, but as you can see, I played small ball and scrapped as hard as I could.  I just ran out of innings.

April 13th vs Seattle:

On the 13th against Seattle, this was yet another completely different "style" of game.  Both pitchers held their own for the bulk of the game.  My defense (Pennington, Ellis, and Chavez) all committed errors at the worst times possible, loading the bases and allowing Eric Byrnes to pad his RBI numbers.  If you look closely, 5 of the 6 runs were unearned.

And then today...  I played the last game vs Seattle (I split the series 2-2) and the line score looked like this:

Oak:  8 | 17 | 0

Sea:  2 |   9 | 1

The versatility so far in my games have been outstanding.  I usually play 3-5 games and adjust sliders as I see the need, and so far it's been little things here or there, i.e., pickoff sliders, fielder reaction slider, etc. Anyway, just thought I'd jump in here and fill you in on where I stand, sorry for hijacking.  :)

Looking forward to your next update!  

Your doing pretty good compared to me early in the season, it took me till game 8 to get my second win of the season but just like real baseball, i am now on a bit of a roll and feel like i can beat anyone :friends: well until the Yanks visit me after the O's and completely dominate me :facepalm:

I am playing along with the real schedule as much as i can, i sometimes play 2 games at a time but i aim to post the game on the day of the corresponding game with the real A's.

Those errors are brutal, i have noticed that when you commit an error a lot of the time you will be punished for it, i haven't noticed it have a real affect in any other games but i was never really concerned and wanted to get out the inning.

I had one of those games against the M's. I think it was game 3 of the series where i was down and rallied in the 8th to get 2 on the board, then gave up 4 or something in the bottom half of the inning and tried to comeback with 2 more in the ninth but fell short.

My last game against Baltimore was a great pitching duel, i allowed a lead off hit to Roberts then threw the ball away on a pick off attempt with Tejada then driving him in. After that i was just swinging in the hope to get on base but nothing was happening until Barton got lucky (Yes i admit it) and hit one out of the park to tie it up. In the next inning i got a runner on after an error by Izturis at SS, my next batter walked, i then managed to move them both over with a bunt, the first run scored thanks to a sac fly and the second run was a lucky hit by Ellis. The whole game Baltimore looked in control and i have no chance of claiming the win.

If your Baltimore team are anything like the one i'm playing watch out for Matt Weiters and Adam Jones. Weiters homered in his first AB against me good for 2 runs.

It will be good to see how players like Ryan Sweeney, Eric Chavez and Gabe Gross :lol: compare.

Don't worry about "hijacking" the thread, i told you your more than welcome to post anything about your A's in here because it's good for us to compare how we are doing and everyone else will enjoy seeing how your doing compared to me :drinks:

*Edit*

Just as i warn you about Matt Wieters, he lines a 2 run homer off of the left foul pole :facepalm:

Sounds great. BTW, Sweeney was hitting 0.95 before my last game against Seattle. He actually went 2-4 with a home run and a couple of RBI's, and was named Player of The Game. Maybe that's a sign of things to come.

8)

Ok, I'm off to catch up. 2 against Baltimore then I'm having a beer. And thanks for the warning, I'll definitely tighten up against him.

Sounds great. BTW, Sweeney was hitting 0.95 before my last game against Seattle. He actually went 2-4 with a home run and a couple of RBI's, and was named Player of The Game. Maybe that's a sign of things to come.

8)

Ok, I'm off to catch up. 2 against Baltimore then I'm having a beer. And thanks for the warning, I'll definitely tighten up against him.

That is strange because Sweeney was hitting .095 for me at that exact point. He is now .071 with 1 RBI.

Hey RR, been catching up with your dynasty over the weekend and just wanted to say: Good job, man. :hi:

This is on my "Must read list". :popcorn:

Thanks Maestro, as you can tell i have had Joe's help with a couple of the presentations :D

I hope that i can keep it on that list :friends: Just about to play the O's in game 4 and i need to thank Jesus or someone because Matt Wieters is out of the line up :lol:

I just wrapped up the series with Baltimore rick, here's how it stacked up:

Brett Anderson was roughed up in game 3 (I lost 9-3) and has been awful in his first 3 starts at 0-3, and an ERA over 8. I was batting around .268 for the series until the last game, which I pulled out 1-0 scattering just 4 hits. Good luck in game 4, and I was just curious if you could grab this screen after the series and post it. Might be fun to compare numbers. :)

As you can see above i have Anderson going for me in game 4 and he has been a little better for me than you but not by much. LHBs are hitting .571 against him.

I wouldn't mind taking 3 of 4 from these as their only road win came last night against me. How did you hold them to 1 home run? Matt Wieters has double that total against me :facepalm:

I will pick it up after the game and post it straight the way :friends:

How did you hold them to 1 home run? Matt Wieters has double that total against me

I was still seething from the 9-3 beat down from the game before, I think I just buckled down and threw at their eyes if I felt the least bit threatened.  And it worked.  :D

I will pick it up after the game and post it straight the way :friends:

Thanks man, and if it's not too much trouble, can you post your standings as well?  I took some shots of mine to compare.  I'd like to see where everything stands for you at this point.

Thanks rick! 

All of them, if it's no trouble. If it's too much trouble, the A.L. West will be fine.

It's fine, i will post all of them

I just had 3 perfect innings ruined by a Mark Ellis error :diablo: Not impressed.

How's your league leaders stacking up to mine that were posted on the last update?

Albert Pujols isn't on the first page of home run leaders which seems to be a trend in games. In MVP he never hit more than 25 home runs and always less than 100 RBIs in any season i simmed or completed.

The last time i checked he had 1 home run and like 2 RBIs after 10 or so games.

*Edit*

That error turned into an RBI double for Tejada :facepalm: The floodgates are opening.

It's fine, i will post all of them

I just had 3 perfect innings ruined by a Mark Ellis error :diablo: Not impressed.

How's your league leaders stacking up to mine that were posted on the last update?

Albert Pujols isn't on the first page of home run leaders which seems to be a trend in games. In MVP he never hit more than 25 home runs and always less than 100 RBIs in any season i simmed or completed.

The last time i checked he had 1 home run and like 2 RBIs after 10 or so games.

*Edit*

That error turned into an RBI double for Tejada :facepalm: The floodgates are opening.

I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know, I really haven't paid too much attention yet, was just trying to get caught up.  Anyway, I'll let you get back to your game, I'll be checking in tomorrow.

I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know, I really haven't paid too much attention yet, was just trying to get caught up. Anyway, I'll let you get back to your game, I'll be checking in tomorrow.

Yeah okay, i will have the standings posted and waiting for you. Have a good night.

Archived