~Return Of The Elephants~Oakland Athletics 2010

rookie_rick

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my A.L. West, rick. Not too much different than how yours is shaping up so far. The Yankees (10-2) and Kansas City (8-4) are leading the way in the other American League Divisions. St. Louis (8-4), Philadelphia (8-4) and Colorado (9-3) round out the the National League in division leaders.

I'll check out some of the league leaders when I get a chance later this evening. Man, this up coming series with New York is gonna be a tough one. These guys are rolling. :huh:

It's pretty good how on the most part our divisions match up with the odd exception. The Cardinals have the identical record, the Dodgers have to same record as your Rockies and the biggest difference seems the NL East. The Nationals are on top in my NL East with a game difference to your Phillies.

It's pretty good how on the most part our divisions match up with the odd exception. The Cardinals have the identical record, the Dodgers have to same record as your Rockies and the biggest difference seems the NL East. The Nationals are on top in my NL East with a game difference to your Phillies.

I agree, with the odd exception being Minnesota/Kansas City in the Central.  I have an odd feeling my A.L. Central will look a little more like yours once the season gets rolling.  

I agree, with the odd exception being Minnesota/Kansas City in the Central. I have an odd feeling my A.L. Central will look a little more like yours once the season gets rolling.

I do think that in both of ours, the Twins will come out on top with the White Sox in second. Not sure about the other teams yet.

I hope my NL East shakes out and looks a bit more realistic just like yours with the Phillies on top.

I hope my NL East shakes out and looks a bit more realistic just like yours with the Phillies on top.

Actually, the Nationals were leading the division up until a few days ago.  As you can see, they skidded at 4 games in a row, and the Phillies finally over took them.  All in all though, the whole division is pretty tight.  Should be interesting to see if Washington does in fact slip to the bottom at an even pace in both of our seasons.

I noticed that we both have roughly the same runs scored and runs against totals. You are doing slightly better in both categories as to be expected with a few more wins.

Have you had Gabe Gross on the field for you much so far this season?

Also how is Eric Chavez doing for you?

I have played yesterdays game against the Yankees (Great game :D) and i have played today's game but i have been immensely busy with one thing and another and so i'm going to get it all presented tomorrow evening because i'm going to go for a well earned sleep before an early morning tomorrow.

I noticed that we both have roughly the same runs scored and runs against totals. You are doing slightly better in both categories as to be expected with a few more wins.

Have you had Gabe Gross on the field for you much so far this season?

Also how is Eric Chavez doing for you?

I haven't played Gross much because Sweeney had such a decent start out of the gate.  He (Gabe Gross) has only played in 6 games, and is hitting a thin .187/0/3.  Through 10 games played, Chavez is hitting .229/0/1. Not much to speak of either.

That said, I'm getting decent production out of Kevin Kouzmanoff .364/3/8 and Travis Buck .271/4/7, and Daric Barton is coming around pretty good so far as well.  

My first game with the Yankees was a good one.  They're extremely good in my dynasty @ 10-2, and tough all the way through the lineup.  Barton hit a two run home run but it wasn't enough, as both Arod and Teixeira went deep.  I wound up walking 5 batters + 3 intentionally just trying to pitch around hitters and stay out of the big inning.  I did all I could, but still lost 6-3.  Even so, I'm convinced this is how you have to approach this team.  I thought I could challenge them, and they made me pay almost every time.

Good luck with them in your dynasty as well.  

I haven't played Gross much because Sweeney had such a decent start out of the gate. He (Gabe Gross) has only played in 6 games, and is hitting a thin .187/0/3. Through 10 games played, Chavez is hitting .229/0/1. Not much to speak of either.

That said, I'm getting decent production out of Kevin Kouzmanoff .364/3/8 and Travis Buck .271/4/7, and Daric Barton is coming around pretty good so far as well.

My first game with the Yankees was a good one. They're extremely good in my dynasty @ 10-2, and tough all the way through the lineup. Barton hit a two run home run but it wasn't enough, as both Arod and Teixeira went deep. I wound up walking 5 batters + 3 intentionally just trying to pitch around hitters and stay out of the big inning. I did all I could, but still lost 6-3. Even so, I'm convinced this is how you have to approach this team. I thought I could challenge them, and they made me pay almost every time.

Good luck with them in your dynasty as well.

I have had the complete opposite out of Chavez and Gross. Gross' average isn't too impressive but he has hit some big home runs for me. Eric Chavez is hitting about .320 with 4 home runs and 10+ RBIs. Kouzmanoff has been pretty good for me in the clean up spot. Sweeney and Buck are in terrible cold streaks and every hit goes to a fielder.

The Yankees are not as hot in mine but still you can't escape the fact they are loaded from top to bottom. I went perfect through the first 3 innings and then came too close to giving up a big inning in the 4th but got out of it with only 1 run given up and pretty much cruised the rest of the way until the 9th where i gave up another run.

A.J Burnett dominated my entire line up until the 8th where Suzuki hit a solo shot to tie the game up and then in the ninth, i managed to get Burnett taken out after Mark Ellis hit a 2 out double to tie the game.

Rivera came and it was goodnight, so i thought. He hit the first batter he faced. Up steps Kevin Kouzmanoff with 2 on and 2 outs, he drives the ball between Thames and Granderson. Ellis comes round to score and the A's WIN :yahoo:

Best game of the season so far :D

Wow, sounds like an awesome game. It's games like that, that make it worth playing all through the season. They jumped on me early 2-0, but I was lucky enough to quickly tie it on a Daric Barton 2 run shot. Buck's home run was the only offense I could muster, and just wasn't enough to hang with them. Burnett was lights out for them in my game too, striking out 11 with that effin' nasty azz curveball. Man, that thing is hard to hit. :mad:

Still though, very realistic IMO. I just didn't have enough to hang with the big boys.

Wow, sounds like an awesome game.  It's games like that, that make it worth playing all through the season.  They jumped on me early 2-0, but I was lucky enough to quickly tie it on a Daric Barton 2 run shot.  Buck's home run was the only offense I could muster, and just wasn't enough to hang with them.  Burnett was lights out for them in my game too, striking out 11 with that effin' nasty azz curveball.  Man, that thing is hard to hit.    :mad:

Still though, very realistic IMO.  I just didn't have enough to hang with the big boys.  

Jay, RR... I thinks it's cool you both are running A's franchises on the Show. I'm really enjoying RR's, and then seeing how your's compares Jay.

Jay, I know you've retired from presenting this year, but man... you should at least start a thread and run it like a "text" blog.

I'm thinking of doing that, not a full blown presentation like I did last year on here and DM. Like you, I just want to play and relax this season.

I agree, sounds like a great idea.  I actually thought about posting this in the 'The Show RTTS Dynasty' thread just to keep from jumbling up rick's thread, but neither one of our dynasty's are a Road To The Show Type dynasty.

Either way M, it sounds like a great idea.  I may do just that.   :drinks:

I agree, sounds like a great idea.  I actually thought about posting this in the 'The Show RTTS Dynasty' thread just to keep from jumbling up rick's thread, but neither one of our dynasty's are a Road To The Show Type dynasty.

Either way M, it sounds like a great idea.  I may do just that.   :drinks:

Dang Jay, right after I thought of that "text" blog idea... I just realized that we have a "Blog" area on the forums. Up top in the links. :drinks:

Joe, you can put it in here because i made it for both Franchises and RTTS games.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=45539

I don't mind that you post it in here because some people won't mind seeing how you are doing alongside my presentations.

It also makes comparisons easier :rolleyes: Yes i can be very lazy :lol:

Joe, you can put it in here because i made it for both Franchises and RTTS games.

http://www.mvpmods.c...showtopic=45539

I don't mind that you post it in here because some people won't mind seeing how you are doing alongside my presentations.

It also makes comparisons easier :rolleyes: Yes i can be very lazy :lol:

Ok, rick, sounds good.  I may not be presenting anything this year, but there's no way I can't at least talk about what's going on with everyone's season.  

Thanks, guys.

Good win, rick, way to hang tough.    

Mine went like this:

NYY:  0 | 3 | 1

OAK: 1 | 6 | 0

Win: Sheets

Loss: Pettite

I manufactured a run in the 6th inning and held on for dear life.  Somehow I managed to get through their lineup a few times without getting shelled.  Anyway, if/when you face Pettite, he throws a lot of 1st pitch strikes.  I hit the ball hard off of him all game, but couldn't quite push it out of the park.  

Anyway, good luck in Game 2.

Good win, rick, way to hang tough.

Mine went like this:

NYY: 0 | 3 | 1

OAK: 1 | 6 | 0

Win: Sheets

Loss: Pettite

I manufactured a run in the 6th inning and held on for dear life. Somehow I managed to get through their lineup a few times without getting shelled. Anyway, if/when you face Pettite, he throws a lot of 1st pitch strikes. I hit the ball hard off of him all game, but couldn't quite push it out of the park.

Anyway, good luck in Game 2.

I have Sheets Vs Pettite coming up next. I am expecting another quality start from Ben Sheets so i will be looking to hold the Yankees to about 1-2 runs if that over 7 innings. Not an easy task. I will change my game plan a little bit and go after Pettite early and hopefully i will stop him from getting settled and hopefully score a handful of runs just in case i can't control the Yankees bats.

Pettite does have a very poor ERA currently at 12.00 so there is no doubt that i will aim to tag Pettite for at least 4-5 runs over the first 4/5 innings. That is in an ideal world :lol:

Archived