snepp

Should we have user rankings?  

65 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Nope, does more harm than good, IMO

This I agree with, that's why I voted no.

But, to have a proper debate you need to also point out the other side. Since we already have viewable post counts, it could be said that it doesn't matter if we also have rankings to go along with them.

*insert shrugging icon here*

:)

I just like the idea. The karma system seems cool, but I just think it would be cool to have a ladder system of posting achievement.

There could be some cool titles. I am envisioning some of them as I type. :-)

Nope, does more harm than good, IMO.

This I agree with, that's why I voted no.

But, to have a proper debate you need to also point out the other side. Since we already have viewable post counts, it could be said that it doesn't matter if we also have rankings to go along with them.

i feel the same there snepp. i dont know if i was ever helpful in the old forum, but ive been busy lately, so i have only what....2 or 3 posts here, compared to being one of the guys who posted more often in the old one.

i dont think it really matters all that much. *also shrugs*

I voted no also. A perfect example of this is if any of you are a member of the High Heat forums. There's a guy over there by the name of Jordan who has over 6,000 posts and he's not even been a member there for a year yet. He posts just to see his post count go up. Nothing more and nothing less.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived