Using Total Classics and original MVP together

jewgrass

I want to install TC phase 2 but also want to keep my original game so I can play my owner mode. I was wondering how to do it properly so I can have 2 different .exe files. I don't want to install it on another drive, and I'm thinking if I just copy the entire MVP Baseball directory to a new folder and install TC there, it won't work because there's some shared file it needs that it can't find because of the new folder name.

Another possibility is to install another full copy of MVP to a different folder, then install TC there. That may work...

Has anyone done this? I searched the forums and TC readme file and can't find anything regarding this.

Thanks,

John

This has actually been addressed a few times on the forums. But your 'copy the MVP Baseball directory' idea will work fine. That's the best way to do it. The only thing the two will share is your profile and dynasty stuff in your My Documents folder.

Nothing magic about this what so ever. Yes, I have both copys on the "C" drive.

I had MVP Baseball 2005 in the Program Files Directory as normal. Then when Total Classics was released I copied the entire MVP Baseball 2005 Directory into a hold area. Then installed Total Classics into the original MVP 2005 Baseball directory. Renamed that directory with Total Classics now installed in it to Total Classics MVP Baseball 2005 and created an icon on the desktop by copying the original MVP Baseball icon and renaming it to Total Classics plus pointing it to the Total Classics MVP Baseball 2005 directory. Then I copied that copy of the original MVP Baseball 2005 back into the Program Files directory.

They have to share the profiles, rosters and dynasty files contained with the MVP Baseball 2005 directory within My Documents but that isn't a big deal. Everything else is separate like stadiums, uniforms, teams etc etc .....

I did this with MVP 2004 as well ---- it is a very common procedure and there are a multitude of was to accomplish this same setup.

Good Luck and write back if you have any other questions,

Have Fun !!!

Don

Thanks, thats good news. So do I just copy the entire MVP folder and install TC to the new folder. That would be nice so I don't have to reinstall all my mods.

Again, I want 2 complete copies, one TC and one original MVP.

Thanks again!

Another quick question about TC...is there a .txt file or post here that lists where in the game the teams are loaded? I downloaded it and installed it on my girlfriends laptop and gave it a quick perusal last week, but couldn't find a directory so to speak. Am I making sense? For example...the '80 Phillies (are they in TC?) would be located under the Dodgers' AA slot.

Thanks all, you rock!

Nope - There's nothing like that. You can, however, look at the team.dat roster file to see what teams are included. This file is in your MVP Baseball 2005 / data / database folder. You can either use a text editor to look at the file, an easier thing to do is to make a copy of the file and rename it to team.csv. "CSV" stands for Comma Separated Values and Microsoft Excel can read these types of files.

Open up the CSV file with Excel and you'll be able to see a list of all the teams.

Archived