Proposal for Fuzz and TC Phase 3 roster makers

Jim825

Hi guys,

As you may know, I'm currently in the process of trying to get portraits for all of the Classic teams into the game. So far, I've got 34 teams done. As part of this effort, I've had to modify the portrait IDs in 59 out of the 90 teams in Total Classics Phase 2.

This was necessary for a number of reasons:

1. Some teams had all of their portrait IDs set to 0

2. There were conflicts, where multiple players used the same ID

3. I wanted to incorporate the ID's that AlexTony designated in his recent audio mod (so more classic players have their name announced).

As of last night, I now have resolved all conflicts (i.e. every player has a unique ID) and I have incorporated AlexTony's IDs into the rosters. I'm still checking teams to see if there are any that have all players with a portrait ID of 0, but if I find teams like this, I have kept track of the "free" ranges of portrait IDs, so it will be easy for me to assign IDs quickly.

As TC phase 3 takes shape and 30 more teams are added, I would like to make a request to Fuzz and the TC Phase 3 roster makers.

To the roster makers -- Could you please assign 0 as the portrait IDs for the players on your teams? This way, when I continue adding portraits for the new teams when TC Phase 3 is released, I won't have to spend the time to find out if a particular ID you assigned is being used someplace else. I can simply grab a block of "free" portrait IDs and assign them to each team.

Fuzz -- I believe that you are the one that incorporates new teams into the rosters (i.e. the roster makers send you .met files and you then place them in the roster). Before you do this, can I send you the my roster file that has the updated portrait IDs and you can then add the new teams to my rosters? By doing this, you will save me the work of having to go through the TC Phase 3 rosters after they are released and modifying those 59 teams all over again.

Alternatively, you could send me the .met files and I could do the work of adding them to my rosters and then send you the final roster when I'm done. You'd just have to refresh me on what I had to do to make sure the imported teams do not have conflicting Player ID's (not portrait IDs, but player IDs -- you explained the difference to me last year).

Obviously, this is only a request, and you guys can do whatever you want, but if you can honor this request, it will enable me to release the portrait.big file for TC Phase 3 much quicker, since all I'll have to do is assign IDs and add portraits for the 30 new teams, rather than having the additional work of reworking the 59 teams I've already changed.

Let me know what you think.

- Jim

i will create a few 'duplicate' id's first and last names where necessary.

ex. reggie jackson will have two audio id's (catfish hunter, aparicio, etc.) this way

you can give some that are on duplicate teams pics that are for each club)

reggie on A's & NYY announced

from now on i will do rosters with '0' audio's. however, lately i am just working on audio. i have already done a few sets, but - they have numbers that can be used for TC phase 3. but, from now on (when/if rosters) no audio id's

thank you for the efforts!

Archived