Atlanta Braves Dynasty

Spivey11

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 3: New York Mets vs. Atlanta Braves

Smoltz Throws Shoutout

furcalhomer4yr.pngsmoltzpumped5ao.png

(Above: Furcal hits homer to bring in Atlanta's only run. Right: Smotlz pumped after complete game shoutout.)

Today the Atlanta Braves closed out their series with the New York Mets in which John Smoltz faced Pedro Martinez in a thriller at Turner Field.

The Atlanta Braves' only run of the game was scored on Rafael Furcal's solo homer in the third inning. Martinez and Smoltz pitched awesome games for their respective ball clubs. Martinez went seven innings with seven strikeouts, three hits, and 1 run. Smoltz went nine innings with six strikeouts, six hits, and no runs.

The Braves improve to 5-1 on the year and the Mets fall to 4-2 on the year.

Braves Notables:

R. Furcal: 1-3, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR, 1 SB

Smoltz(2-0): 9 IP, 6 Hits, 0 Runs, 6 Ks, Win

Mets Notables:

D. Wright: 2-4

P. Martinez(1-1): 7 IP, 3 Hits, 1 Run, 7 Ks, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

NYM 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 6 3

ATL 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 3 1

Well guys, I going to have to start my dynasty ALL over again. I didn't realize that I had the option to use past players in the game turned on. I'm such a DA! I went to play my game against the Nationals and they had Cy Young pitching - and needless to say, I said "HELL NO!" So, new dynasty with the Braves - everything is going to be the same as the old one was, except I'm not going to trade Kolb.

Ok, let's try this again.

Opening Day: Atlanta Braves vs. Florida Marlins

Braves Squeak Pass Marlins

smoltznicecatch3au.pngkolbsave14ca.png

(Above: Smoltz saves himself with a nice catch. Right: Kolb gets first save of the year.)

Tonight's game featured the Atlanta Braves and the Florida Marlins. With John Smoltz pitching for the Braves and Josh Beckett pitching for the Marlins.

It was your typical opening day game, a dog fight with not too many hits or runs. Smoltz and Beckett were exceptional in their first starts of the year. Smoltz went eight strong innings with only giving up one run on four hits. While Beckett gave up two runs on five hits.

This game was scoreless until the seventh inning when Adam LaRoche drove in Chipper Jones with a run scoring double. Johnny Estrada tried to get too greedy and tried to score, but he was thrown out by four or five steps. This put the Braves up 1-0. The next batter, Raul Mondesi, then proceeded to hit a single to right and drove in LaRoche to give the Braves a 2-0 lead.

The Marlins tried to mount a comeback on Smoltz and the Braves with pinch hitter Wilson Delgado hitting a solo homer to put the score to 2-1. This would be the only run that the Marlins would score. Danny Kolb, the Braves new aquisition at closer to replace Smoltz, showed the reason he was an All-Star last year, sitting the Marlins down 1-2-3.

The Braves are now 1-0 on the year, while the Marlins are 0-1.

Braves Notables:

A. LaRoche: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run

R. Mondesi: 1-4, 1 Run

J. Smoltz(1-0): 8 IP, 4 Hits, 1 Run, 8 Ks, 1.13 ERA, Win

D. Kolb(1 S): 1 IP, 0 Hits, 2 Ks, Save

Marlins Notables:

W. Delgado: 1-1, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

J. Beckett(0-1): 8 IP, 5 Hits, 2 Runs, 2 Ks, 2.25 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

ATL 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0  2 5 0

FLA 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0  1 4 1

Game 2: Atlanta Braves vs. Florida Marlins

Braves Lose 5-3 in Slugfest

mondesihomer9fo.pngjordanhomer8zx.png

(Above: Mondesi hits homer in the 5th. Right: Jordan hits homer in the 7th.)

Tonight's game put Mike Hampton and Al Lieter on the mound to face each other in the second game of this opening series.

The Marlins started scoring early in the second inning with a Paul Lo Duca solo home-run(1-0). They scored again in the fourth with a Damian Easly single to drive in Mike Lowell(2-0).

The Braves responded in the fifth with a solo jack by Raul Mondesi who lead off the inning(2-1). Again in the sixth, the Braves scored on a Johnny Estrada single that drove in Marcus Giles to tie the game(2-2).

But the Marlins quickly put an end to the rally talks with a three run sixth inning topped off with a Mike Lowell homer(5-2).

The Braves tried to mount another comeback with Brian Jordan's solo homer to score the Braves' last run(5-3).

The Braves and the Marlins are now 1-1 on the season.

Braves Notables:

R. Mondesi: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

B. Jordan: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

M. Hampton(0-1): 6 IP, 11 H, 5 ER, 4 Ks, 2 HR, 7.50 ERA, Loss

Marlins Notables:

P. Lo Duca: 3-4, 3 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

M. Lowell: 2-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 HR, 1 3B

A. Leiter(1-0): 6 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 3 Ks, 1 HR, 3.00 ERA, Win

J. Reidling(1 S): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 Ks, 0.00 ERA, Save

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

ATL 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0  3 8  0

FLA 0 1 0 1 0 3 0 0 0  5 13 0

Game 3: Atlanta Braves vs. Florida Marlins

Braves Salvage Series: Win 3-2

jordansafeathome6fy.pngbraveswin7po.png

(Above: Jordan slides in safe at home. Right: Braves celebrate after 3-2 win.)

The Braves take the series 2-1 with a 3-2 win over the Florida Marlins. This game saw Tim Hudson pitch for the Braves and A. J. Burnett pitch for the Marlins.

The Braves struck first blood with a RBI single by Johnny Estrada which drove in Pete Orr(1-0). Marcus Giles was thrown out at the plate trying to get a little bit greedy. The Braves scored again in the fourth on a 2-RBI double by none other than Tim Hudson(3-0). He drove in Raul Mondesi and Brian Jordan.

The Marlins chipped away at the Braves lead beginning in the fourth with a solo home-run by Miguel Cabrera(3-1). In the eigth, Wilson Delgado hit his second home-run in as many at-bats on the year(3-2). Like his other at-bat this was in a pinch-hit situation.

The Braves are now 2-1 on the season and the Marlins are 1-2.

Braves Notables:

P. Orr: 2-4, 1 Run

T. Hudson: 1-3, 2 RBI

T. Hudson(1-0): 7 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 5 Ks, 1 HR, 1.29 ERA, Win

D. Kolb(2 S): 1 IP, 1 H, 0.00 ERA, Save

Marlins Notables:

M. Cabrera: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

W. Delgado: 1-1, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

A. Burnett(0-1): 8 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 2 Ks, 3.38 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

ATL 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0  3 8 0

FLA 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0  2 5 0

Game 1: New York Mets vs. Atlanta Braves

Braves Lose 4-1

zambranododgesball2lr.pngfloydrobshomer5uz.png

(Above: Zambrano dodges line drive. Right: Floyd robs Giles of homer.)

Tonight's game was the first game between the New York Mets and the Atlanta Braves. Haracio Ramirez and Victor Zambrano battled each other on the mound for their respective ball clubs.

The Mets were the first to score in the second inning with a solo home-run by the catcher Mike Piazza(1-0). The Braves responded quickly though with a RBI double by Brian Jordan driving in Andruw Jones(1-1). This would be the only run the Braves were to score all night.

The Mets scored again in the sixth with a RBI single by Cliff Floyd that drove in Piazza(2-1). They didn't score again until the ninth, but they made it worthwhile with two solo home-runs, one by Doug Mientkiewicz and one by Mike Cameron(4-1).

The Braves and the Mets are now 2-2 on the season.

Braves Notables:

A. Jones: 2-4, 1 Run

B. Jordan: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 2B

H. Ramirez(0-1): 7 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 1 Ks, 1 HR, 2.57 ERA, Loss

Mets Notables:

M. Piazza: 2-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 HR

M. Cameron: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

V. Zambrano(1-0): 6 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 1 K, 1.50 ERA, Win

B. Looper(S 1): 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 K, 0.00 ERA, Save

Box Score:

NYM 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 2  4 10 1

ATL 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 8  0

Game 2: New York Mets vs. Atlanta Braves

Braves Get Shutout: Lose, 3-0

thomsonhitwithball9yd.pngfloyddouble8yl.png

(Above: Thomson hit with line drive. Right: Floyd hits double off the wall.)

The Braves lose their second game in a row to fall to 2-3 on the year. While the Mets won their third straight to improve to 3-2. John Thomson and Kaz Ishii pitched for their respective ball clubs tonight.

The Mets opened the scoring in the second with a RBI double by Cliff Floyd that drove in Mike Piazza(1-0). Again, the Mets scored in the fourth, this time on a solo home-run by Kaz Matsui(2-0). The Mets scored their final run in the eigth off of another home-run, this time by David Wright(3-0).

The Braves were never able to get any type of offense going in this game. With only one runner reaching third for the entire game and only three runners reaching second.

The Braves will finish out their first series with the Mets tomorrow afternoon and hopefully they won't be sweeped for the first time in two years.

Braves Notables:

J. Estrada: 3-3, *pulled hamstring, out for 2 weeks*

J. Thomson(0-1): 7 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 0 Ks, 2 HR, 3.86 ERA, Loss

Mets Notables:

D. Wright: 3-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

C. Floyd: 3-4, 1 RBI

K. Ishii(1-0): 8 IP, 8 H, 0 ER, 7 Ks, 0.00 ERA, Win

B. Looper(S 2): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 K, 0.00 ERA, Save

Box Score:

NYM 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 0  3 10 0

ATL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 8  1

no template moose

i just went with this layout - spivey liked it, and has used it in his dynasty.

its a pretty simple layout - and for me, it helped me keep my reports short, but to the point.

though spivey still owes me $10000.00, on my copyright deal :p

nice dynasty btw - shame you had to restart :(

its a pretty simple layout - and for me, it helped me keep my reports short, but to the point.

Yeah, that's why I decided to go with it. It's a lot easier than writing long reports and it keeps the people that follow your dynasty interested.

though spivey still owes me $10000.00, on my copyright deal :p

Just give me your paypal and I'll send it to you on the double :wink:

Game 3: New York Mets vs. Atlanta Braves

Braves Stunned

pedrorobshit7bf.pngbravesstunned5ep.png

(Above: Pedro robs Chipper of a base hit. Right: Braves swept for the first time in 2 years.)

The Braves are unable to score a run in a 4-0 shutout at the hands of the Mets. This is the first time that the Braves were swept in a three game series in over two years.

The Mets first scored in the fourth, starting with a RBI triple by Cliff Floyd(1-0), then David Wright hit a two-run homer to bring in Floyd(3-0). The Mets scored their final run in the seventh on a RBI single by Mike Cameron(4-0).

The Braves fall to 2-4 on the year while the Mets are now 4-2.

Braves Notables:

A. Jones: 3-4

E. Perez: 2-4

J. Smoltz(1-1): 6 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 6 Ks, 1 HR, 2.57 ERA, Loss

Mets Notables:

K. Matsui: 3-4, 1 Run

C. Floyd: 2-4, 1 RBI, 2 Runs

P. Martinez(2-0): 9 IP, 11 H, 0 ER, 7 Ks, 2.20 ERA, Win

Box Score:

NYM 0 0 0 4 0 0 1 0 0  4 8  1

ATL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 11 2

looks like pedro was on his game , tough getting shutout with 11 hits.... seems the boys aint gettin the job done with runners on so far. I bet its good to see the Mets leaving town, only 1 run in three games against them. Good thing its only the 1st week :)

looks like pedro was on his game , tough getting shutout with 11 hits.... seems the boys aint gettin the job done with runners on so far. I bet its good to see the Mets leaving town, only 1 run in three games against them. Good thing its only the 1st week :)

Yeah, I know. I'm getting the hits, I just can't bring people in. You don't even know how good it feels to have the Mets leaving and the Nationals coming in.

Game 1: Washington Nationals vs. Atlanta Braves

Braves Rebound: Win, 3-1

andruwafterhomer1ql.pnglarochestrechesforbal6jx.png

(Above: A. Jones hits homer in 7th. Right: LaRoche streches for ball to record out.)

The Braves bring their losing woes to an end with a 3-1 win over the Nationals. Mike Hampton was the pitcher tonight for the Braves while Tony Armas Jr. pitched for the Nationals.

The Braves opened up scoring in the third inning with a RBI single by Adam LaRoche, driving in Mike Hampton(1-0). They scored again in the sixth on another RBI single, this time by Ryan Langerhans(2-0). The last run the Braves scored was on a solo homer by Andruw Jones(3-0).

Dan Kolb came in to get his third save of the year, but in usual Kolb fashion he made it interesting. Kolb gave up a solo homer to Jose Guillen to bring the score to 3-1. But, Kolb was able to close it out and get his third save.

The Braves are now 3-4 on the year while the Nationals are 2-5.

Braves Notables:

A. Jones: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

B. Jordan: 3-4

M. Hampton(1-1): 7 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 6 Ks, 3.46 ERA, Win

D. Kolb(S 3): 1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 Ks, 1 HR, 3.00 ERA, Save

Nationals Notables:

C. Guzman: 2-4, 1 SB

G. Bennet: 2-3

T. Armas Jr.(0-1): 6 IP, 12 H, 2 ER, 2 Ks, 3.27 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

WAS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1  1 7  0

ATL 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0  3 15 1

Game 2: Washington Nationals vs. Atlanta Braves

Braves Win Second Straight: 1-0

orrsingledownline5wz.pnggilesorrdp7to.png

(Above: Orr drives in Braves' only run. Right: Giles & Orr turn inning ending double-play.)

The Braves look like they might be coming out of their miniature slump that saw them get swept by the N. Y. Mets after their second straight win over the Washington Nationals. This game saw Tim Hudson pitch for the Braves and Esteban Loaiza pitch for the Nationals.

The Braves' only run in tonight's game was driven in by lead-off hitter Pete Orr in the second inning. The run was scored by Raul Mondesi(1-0).

Tim Hudson pitched a gem tonight for the Braves only giving up three hits and striking out five in eight innings. Dan Kolb did his job tonight sitting the Nats down 1-2-3 in the ninth for his fourth save in as many opportunities.

The Braves are now 4-4 on the season while the Nationals are 2-6.

Braves Notables:

P. Orr: 2-4, 1 RBI

B. Jordan: 2-3

T. Hudson(2-0): 8 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 5 Ks, 0.60 ERA, Win

D. Kolb(S 4): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 2 Ks, 2.25 ERA, Save

Nationals Notables:

R. Church: 2-3

E. Loaiza(0-2): 7 IP, 10 H, 1 ER, 5 Ks, 4.38 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

WAS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0 3  0

ATL 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 10 3

Game 3: Washington Nationals vs. Atlanta Braves

Braves Unable to Sweep: Lose, 3-1

chipperhomer7re.pngcastillarobshit1mx.png

(Top: Chipper hits solo jack in the 6th. Right: Castilla robs Giles of double.)

Tonight's game saw Horacio Ramirez pitch for the Braves against Tomo Ohka for the Nats. It was a very low scoring game until the sixth with both pitchers only giving up two hits through the first five innings of play.

The Braves were the first to draw blood with a solo jack by Chipper Jones in the bottom of the sixth(1-0). This would be all that the Braves would score in tonight's game.

It seemed like it would be enough for the Braves to get the win, but in the eighth inning Ramirez fell apart. Giving up three runs on four hits to put the Nationals up 3-1.

Manager Bobby Cox was kicking himself after the game for leaving Ramirez in a little too long. "I thought that he could get me one more inning and give the bullpen a little bit of rest," Bobby said, "But obviously I was wrong."

The Braves fall to 4-5 on the year while the Nationals improve to 3-6.

Braves Notables:

C. Jones: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, I HR

H. Ramirez(0-2): 8 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 5 Ks, 3.00 ERA, Loss

Nationals Notables:

T. Sledge: 1-3, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 2B

T. Ohka(1-1): 7 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 3 Ks, 1 HR, 2.84 ERA, Win

A. Osuna(S 1): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 2 Ks, 3.24 ERA, Save

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

WAS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0  3 7 0

ATL 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0  1 4 0

Game 1: Atlanta Braves vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Braves Lose in Slugfest: 4-2

gilesgoodplay2hc.pngabreuhomer5wx.png

(Above: Giles makes diving play to his right. Right: Abreu hits one of Phils four homers.)

Tonight's game was another classic division rivalry game. With John Thomson pitching for the Braves and Vicente Padilla pitching for the Phils. This game saw five home-runs hit, four of which were hit by the Phils and one by the Braves.

The Braves were the first to score in the second off of a solo jack by Andruw Jones(0-1). The Phils answered in the fourth though with another solo homer, this time by Mike Lieberthal(1-1). Again in the seventh, the Phils scored, this time on back-to-back jacks by Kenny Lofton and Bobby Abreu(3-1).

The Braves tried to answer the Phils but they fell short, Chipper Jones drove in Pete Orr on a RBI singlein the eighth(3-2). But the Phils quickly put a silence to rally hopes on another solo jack by Chase Utley(4-2).

The Braves are now 4-6 on the year while the Phillies are 3-7.

Braves Notables:

A. LaRoche: 3-4

A. Jones: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

J. Thomson(0-2): 7 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 6 Ks, 3 HR, 3.86 ERA, Loss

Phillies Notables:

B. Abreu: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

V. Padilla(1-0): 7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 6 Ks, 1 HR, 1.29 ERA, Win

B. Wagner(S 3): 1 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 K, 0.00 ERA, Save

Box Score:

ATL 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0  2 11 0

PHI 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 1 0  4 6  1