Atlanta Braves Dynasty

Spivey11

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

u seem to b having close games, can you tell me about your slider settings, and whether it is mvp allstar, etc. etc.

I'm currently not using any sliders, I'm playing on All-Star. I tried out Pared's All-Star sliders, but I played like 10 games and I was getting killed (10-2, 6-0, 8-1, etc.) I never won a game, so I just play on All-Star straight up.

how hard is that? i was using really easy sliders on all star, but i've slowly edged more toward default sliders like u. i'm not there yet, but i will be movingmy sliders more and more until i get more and more realistic games.

Game 2: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Atlanta Braves

Braves Lose Heartbreaker

larochescoresfirstrun0ew.pngthomegametyinghr5or.png

(Above: LaRoche scores Braves' only run, Right: Thome hits game-tying homer.)

The Braves played in their second consecutive extra-inning game tonight, but the outcome wasn't the same. The Braves lost 2-1 in 12 innings tonight; Tim Hudson and Corey Lidle were the starting pitchers in tonight's game, both only giving up one run.

Hudson pitched one heck of a ballgame tonight, going nine innings and striking out nine Phillies. He had the game won with two outs in the ninth inning with the Braves up 1-0, when Jim Thome came up to the plate. On the second pitch, Thome hits a homer that barely cleared Mondesi's glove to tie the game at 1-1.

The Braves had a very good opportunity to win the game in the bottom of the ninth, getting the bases loaded with no outs! But, they were unable to do anything with it. The first batter struck out, the second hit an infield pop-up, and the last hit a deep fly ball to center to end the inning.

And in the 12th, Bobby Abreu lead off the inning with a double to right-center, then, three batters later, Chase Utley drove him in with a RBI double to left. This would be the game-winning run that put the Phils up 2-1.

The Braves are now 10-8, while the Phillies are 6-12.

Braves Notables:

A. LaRoche: 3-5, 1 Run, 1 2B

T. Hudson: 9 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 9 Ks, 1 HR, 2.05 ERA, ND

J. Sosa(2-1): 3 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 K, 1.82 ERA, Loss

Phillies Notables:

J. Thome: 1-5, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

C. Utley: 1-5, 1 RBI (game-winner)

C. Lidle: 7 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 9 Ks, 4.21 ERA, ND

R. Cormier(1-0): 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 2 Ks, 6.14 ERA, Win

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  R H  E

PHI 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0  0  1   2 6  0

ATL 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0  0  0   1 11 1

how hard is that? i was using really easy sliders on all star, but i've slowly edged more toward default sliders like u. i'm not there yet, but i will be movingmy sliders more and more until i get more and more realistic games.

Are you talking about Pared's sliders? If you are, they are pretty hard, but you might be able to do better with them than I was.

Game 3: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Atlanta Braves

Comeback Kids

lfamazingcatch6ni.pngcjonesscoresgwr2nk.png

(Above: Burrell makes amazing catch on warning track, Right: Chipper scores game-winning run.)

The Braves won tonight 3-2 with a 8th inning comeback against the Phillies. Tonight's game saw Horacio Ramirez and Brett Myers on the bumb for their respective ball clubs.

The Phillies scored in the third inning on a RBI triple by Jimmy Rollins and a RBI single by Placido Polanco(2-0). This would seem to be enough for the Phils, until the seventh inning.

In the seventh, the Braves came alive, with a RBI single by Raul Mondesi that drove in Adam LaRoche to get the Braves in the ballgame 2-1. Then, in the eighth, the Braves scored two runs on RBI singles by LaRoche and Eddie Perez to give the Braves a 3-2 lead.

Dan Kolb came in in the ninth to record his 9th save on the year, sitting down the Phils 1-2-3.

The Braves are now 11-8 on the year while the Phillies are 6-12.

Braves Notables:

A. LaRoche: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run

C. Jones: 3-4, 1 Run

T. Martin(1-0): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 K, 0.00 ERA, Win

D. Kolb(S 9): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 K, 1.08 ERA, Save

Phillies Notables:

J. Rollins: 2-4, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 3B

R. Cormier(1-1): 1 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 0 Ks, 7.56 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H  E

PHI 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0  2 4  0

ATL 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 0  3 11 0

EDIT: Johnny Estrada has recovered from his injury and will replace Eddie Perez as the starting catcher from now on. Eddie Perez did a very good job as the everyday catcher while Estrada was injured and the Braves' staff will take that into consideration if Estrada struggles coming back from his pulled groin.

Dan Kolb came in in the ninth to record his 9th save on the year, sitting down the Phils 1-2-3.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WHOOOOOOOOOO! TELL ME ANOTHER ONE SPIVEY! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: *Chokes repetativly from laughter*

*Falls over*

*Dies*

Game 1: Atlanta Braves vs. New York Mets

Braves Dominate On Way To 7-1 Win

andruw3runhr6ng.pngfrancosoloshot1ee.png

(Above: A. Jones & Right: Franco hit back-to-back homers in 1st.)

The Braves won their 12th game on the year in good fashion with a 7-1 domination of the NY Mets. John Thomson and Steve Trachsel were the starters for their respective ball-clubs tonight. Thomson, who picked up his 2nd win on the year, went 6 strong innings giving up only 1 run on 6 hits and 3 strike-outs.

The Braves started scoring right out of the gate in the 1st, with a 3-run homer by Andruw Jones, his 6th on the year, and a solo jack by Julio Franco right after Jones(4-0).

The Mets tried to get a little thing going with a RBI single in the 3rd by David Wright to drive in Trachsel, who lead off the inning with a double(4-1). But, this would be all that the Mets would score all night.

The Braves scored again in the 8th on a RBI double by A. Jones and a 2-RBI single by Franco(7-1). All of the Braves RBI's tonight were by A. Jones and Franco, Jones with 4 and Franco with 3.

The Braves are now 12-8 on the season, while the Mets are even at 10-10.

Braves Notables:

A. Jones: 2-4, 4 RBI, 2 Runs, 1 HR, 1 2B

J. Franco: 2-4, 3 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

J. Thomson(2-2): 6 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 3 Ks, 2.77 ERA, Win

Mets Notables:

K. Matsui: 2-4

D. Wright: 1-4, 1 RBI

S. Trachsel(1-2): 7 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 2 K, 2 HR, 5.63 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

ATL 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0  7 10 0

NYM 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 8  0

What the hell's your record now? 55-1? Keep up the entertaining dynasty.

I wish!! :wink: I've had to start over so many times I can't get past the second month on any dynasty that I've done, let's hope that this one is different!

Game 1: Atlanta Braves vs. New York Mets

Tic-Tac-Toe, 3 In A Row

estradahomer2ih.pngsmoltzksksks4hm.png

(Above: Estrada hits go-ahead homer in 4th, Right: Smoltz throws one of 5 Ks.)

The Braves have now won three consecutive games after a 3-1 win over th NY Mets. The Braves will try to get revenge tomorrow and attempt to sweep the Mets who, previously, swept the Braves. John Smoltz picked up the win tonight while Pedro Martinez was saddled with the loss.

The Mets were the first to score in tonight's game with a solo homer by Eric Valent in the 2nd inning(0-1). But the Braves responded nicely in the 4th on a 2-run homer by Johnny Estrada to put the Braves up 2-1.

The Braves added a little insurance in the 6th on a RBI double by Wilson Betemit who started in front of the fatigued Chipper Jones(3-1).

Dan Kolb did the dew in the 9th and picked up his 10th save on the year, sitting the Mets down 1-2-3 on 3 straight strike-outs!

The Braves are now 13-8 on the season while the Mets are 10-11.

Braves Notables:

A. LaRoche: 2-4, 1 Run

J. Estrada: 1-4, 2 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

J. Smoltz(3-2): 8 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 5 Ks, 2.00 ERA, Win

D. Kolb(S 10): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 3 Ks, 0.96 ERA, Save

Mets Notables:

E. Valent: 2-3, 1 RBI, 1 Run, 1 HR

P. Martinez(2-3): 7 IP, 10 H, 3 ER, 5 K, 1 HR, 3.72 ERA, Loss

Box Score:

ATL 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0  3 10 0

NYM 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 7  0

Alright, I'm sorry guys, but I had to delete my current dynasty with the Braves, the same thing that went wrong with my previous dynasty went wrong in this one, I went to start my series with the Cards and they had Nolan Ryan pitching. DAMN MLB LEGENDS. :x :x :x So - I think I may start a new one, but I'm not too sure - I don't have a lot of time on my hands right now - I have baseball practice or games everyday for the next couple of months. I'm really sorry that I had to do this guys, I know that the ones who followed enjoyed reading about my dynasty. If I am to start a new one, it will probably be with the A's - I know a guy in their farm system, Britt Reames. Hopefully I will still have the same followers if I am to start one with them. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do you guys think that I should start a new dynasty with the A's? :?

Archived