The wrong helmet bug

Umachines

Some people have asked me why I still made gray helmets for Tontonto's home uniforms if I corrected some other things. What really happens is that cap and helmet can't be very diffent in this game. There is a file used for far view textures (llod) inside all uniform fsh's and this file shows the same texture for caps and helmets. So if cap is gray and helmet is black, you will see the batter wearing the right one and his mates running on bases with the gray one, and when you get closer, it turns black again (!?). So What I Could do was making the helmet a bit darker than the cap.

I'll have to do something similar to my next pack: Twins.

Umachines

If the cap and helmet colors must be synced then does it mean that if you have a red cap and black batting helmet then they will show up different as the runner.

Also that would mean that the twins can get away with the navy caps for their alternates...they look reallly silly with the red caps.

I havent actually seen them wear it in games but from the photos from mlb.com show them in their blue caps rather than red actually

anyway you will revise your twins 2X set?

thanks

I think cap is a main part of the uniform and helmet is an accesory. It does not matter if helmet color is nicer. So I always make helmet match cap color, as EA. But I can also release optional fixes for these cases inside the same pack, so the user can choose (and that's the idea of modding). In the case of Twins, I do like the jerseys I made, but I feel like something was missing, comapared to other teams' sets I've made. So if you have and Idea for a fantasy uniform or something, tell me and we can make it plus the helmet fix.

Archived