Reading the .sav files

MLBTinker

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the pause in posting here. I was tinkering with the ideas presented by this week's posting of the contract/budget editor. As established in another thread, the work there is done by altering the data as it exists in memory, rather than altering the file. This seems like someone with extensive knowledge of the game programming, rather than a basic mod developer.

Changing the file will require figuring the internal calculation used to check the file.

Here are the changes I made from V0.9.3:

-Program remembers selected settings and the last file read/written

-Added leaders output to _np HTML output (AVG, H, HR, RBI, 2B, SB, ERA, Pitcher K, W, SV - more to follow)

-Team stats in HTML are now sorted by AVG or ERA

-Option to output either the entire dynasty, one organization, one team, or all major league level teams.

-Corrected file error where scheda.txt was left open after one execution. This required a restart of the program after one execution.

-Calendar view option for schedule output (in addition to list view)

Text output was left intact.

Uploading tonight.

Great to see you back... Like many here, I was checking this thread everyday.

Those improvements sound great.

please please! for the text ouput:

Can you output the stuff that is displayed in html to text exactly? in csv format would be the best.

I don't see that mentioned and that's a key factor for writing scripts for your application (for the web) and to insert the data in MYSQL..

Right now, the txt files it creates are not the stats for each player like you have in html.

giving you examples at random when outputing to text for stats...:

"Melvin ","Dorta ",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

"Molido ","Dotel ",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

as you can see the fields are empty. This is not the case in your html tables.

An added bonus would be to insert the team name in the csv for a row (for each player's row, inserting his 3 letter team name) that would make it easy. eg: ATL, BOS etc..

I hope this is nothing major to add. It shouldn't be since your application already creates nice tables with all stats in html format.

Thanks again.

PS: The ability to select a team or entire organization as suggested earlier, is HUGE. Appreciate you taking ideas and incorporating them.

Superb work. And the calendar idea is a nice touch.

Now if only it can be done for csv format, that would be out of this world.

awesome job, really appreciate the hard work. i just wanted to know if this program was only for outputting stats and other data, or if we would be able to edit things in the dynasty? thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to extract a roster from a .sav file and use it as an online roster?

MLBTinker- I PMed you, I think if anyone can do this, you are DA MAN! You can AIM me guybo2001 or MSN messenger guyb0 or email

MVPProgressiveLeague AT hotmail DOT com

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived