Reading the .sav files

MLBTinker

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have any pre-release suggestions?

does release it, count?

Great work

Need any beta testers, hint hint

would people using different roster sets make any difference, I know Kerms and Total minors contains alot more players than ea's default roster

Html out put would be nice, but I can do that from excel if it mean slowing down the release

Does the save file contain that level of play the games were player at (MVP, All-star. etc)

I'm ready to release a program for testing against mulitple .sav files.

I need help from the admins here - the program is Visual Basic - how much of the support files to include. The program is very small, but the required VB files are about 2-3MB. Most users should have the files on their system, but you never know.

I added an html file output that has a section for each team w/ roster, batting orders, pitching assignments, major league batting and pitching stats and the team's schedule w/ results to-date. More customization will come later.

Admins - please help. I want to get this to the masses so I can test the program against a lot of .sav's.

As far as # players - there are 2500 player slots (they assume 25 per 100 teams in total) in a default .sav file. Anyone know if they have more than 2500?

I'm ready to release a program for testing against mulitple .sav files.

I need help from the admins here - the program is Visual Basic - how much of the support files to include. The program is very small, but the required VB files are about 2-3MB. Most users should have the files on their system, but you never know.

what version of VB, if VB6 others here are releasing just their program with no support files and no one has bitched that I have seen.

As far as # players - there are 2500 player slots (they assume 25 per 100 teams in total) in a default .sav file. Anyone know if they have more than 2500?

Kerms has 92 teams (30 organizations with AA, AAA, ML, plus the 2 old timer teams)

92*25 = 2300

169 free agents

total = 2469

Do the all-star teams count as new players? if so his roster is over the limit

The All-Star teams use the same players as the regular teams - they just take up some team slots (of the 100.)

There is a line in the .sav file that has the number of players, so I've made my program read that line (same for the 1600 pitchers, 100 teams, 30 organizations, etc.)

Uploading the whole package as soon as I write a help file.

this is awesome, if I understand you, this means I'll be able to access (though not edit) my season statistics without starting up the game? This would be huge for me since I cannot minimize the game without it shutting down which limits my ability to post things about my stats or lineups without taking up pages of notebooks with hand written stuff....

This is a HUGE advance it seems, AWESOME WORK, Keep it up.

If those having problems would send the .sav file they are trying to use to my email, it would help to determine if there are any other variable-length issues.

That is the likely cause of both the never finishing error and the Error 9.

Remember, this is out there as a trial.

For those that never finish extraction (Krawhitham) - the program creates several dozen .txt files during extraction with the names playera.txt, playerb.txt, ... pitchera.txt, pitcherb.txt..., etc.

One way to determine where the problem is - did any of these files get created? The progression is player(a-u), pitcher(a-o), team(a-e), manager(a-B), organization(a-B), schedule(a-c), data(a-c).

Tinker, out of curiosity how long should the extraction take. I don't want to be cutting it off because I'm impatient and then sending you .sav files that actually do work. So what is an approx wait time for the process to complete?

Thanks, I think this is going to be the father of some huge advances....

Archived