Logitech is the biggest piece of shit ever!!!!!!!

The Great Nad

This controller just cost me 3 out of 5 losses in a fuckin row. I unplugged and plugged back in my logitech dual analog **** stick in over 20 times in the last GAME, that's right just one fuckin game. I'm writing a letter of concern to logitech and demanding my money back. I encourage everyone that has had this controller to do the same and e-mail **** logitech so they get the point that they need to start making better products.

Now i'm gonna go buy a PS2 controller but i need to know where i can buy a ps2 controller converter to USB at. Does anyone know where i can get those b/c i remember that someone said that they use their PS2 controller for their xbox and pc games, and i would like to know where they got the ps2 to xbox converter as well. THANK YOU ALL

OUT

Nad

ps my logitech got tossed out my window and then i proceeded to chase it down to the street and shot it with my Glock 9mm 4 times and where it lays is where it DIES piece of ****!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :banghead:

Sorry to hear about the death of your gamepad....I myself use a Logitech

dual action usb game pad as well as a Logitech wingman cordless rumble pad...Both work extremly well with no problems whatsoever.

Logitech in general makes good stuff...maybe you just got a bad one.

Anyway goodluck with your ps/2 controller.

Now i'm gonna go buy a PS2 controller but i need to know where i can buy a ps2 controller converter to USB at. Does anyone know where i can get those

I bought mine online at outpost.com. If you want to get one in person, I would recommend the Radio Shack converter.

If you get either one of those converters, you can use my faq, to get it working with MVP. I didn't put it in the faq yet, but you need additional drivers in order for the Radio Shack one to vibrate.

I bought a Logitech Wingman Rumble Pad the same day I bought the game. The left analog stick gave me problems about 4 days later....I tried everything and finally found some info on the web about this problem and the fact that Logitech wasn't doing anything about it...

I was pissed because I didn't really want to buy it in the first place, but the salesman did a good job convincing me...

Anyways, I ended up returning it and got a Thrustmaster Dual Power 3, which, after some tweaking, has worked great eversince.

Now if I could just get it to work with NHL 2004 :banghead: I haven't really put much effort into it yet as I have been playing MVP almost exclusively.

There was a post over at BBSC where someone reported a new USB driver that had, for them at least, seemed to fix the problem....I can't seem to get into BBSC right now or I would post the link, they may have run out of bandwidth which will mean Tuesday June 1st at the earliest.

Sorry to hear about the death of your gamepad....I myself use a Logitech

dual action usb game pad as well as a Logitech wingman cordless rumble pad...Both work extremly well with no problems whatsoever.

Same here, i love this controller. A little big but i have big hands.:)

I think that like 25% of logitec controllers actually work, so if you are one of the lucky few, just hope it stays that way... mine seemed to work just fine for about a year but now it doesn't, it loses calibration in the right analog stick... :banghead: the problem is that i like the feel of the wingman rumblepad, but i think it's time for something new.

I bought mine online at outpost.com. If you want to get one in person, I would recommend the Radio Shack converter.

If you get either one of those converters, you can use my faq, to get it working with MVP. I didn't put it in the faq yet, but you need additional drivers in order for the Radio Shack one to vibrate.

Worked great man thanks now I got vibration.WOOOOO HOOOOOO

for everyone that got the controller to work good for them you all can goto hell. As for Five i am convinced that he is the coolest MOFO on this forum and will be because he gave me mad info on the ps2 converter and the links HE'S THE SH|T BABY!!!

Nad

All of you could learn something from Five and give me some tips that you learned on the web like one dud said...BUT YOU AREN'T. It's all good though

yeah i am ready to toss my logitech dual action also...

every other game the right analog stick loses movement in upper hemisphere among other problems...usually my first clue that it is acting up is when baserunners start sliding into first on their own!

Go ahead an waste your 30 plus bones on a con. and adapter thats your own deal, you just got a bad one and this week the Logitech is on sale for 11.88 go buy three of em for the price your gonna have in that ridiculous and overpriced setup ,one of them will have to work I have no probs. whatsoever mine made it thru Madden,Nhl, Nbalive and now Mvp. Sounds to me like your ranting up the wrong tree, why cry about it when you can do something about it much easier

Guest Deznuts

umm... don't know why in the hell this thread is turning ugly but try the saitek p880. the logitech is a proven POS. the saitek rocks.

Agreed. The Saitek P880 is only $20 at Gamestop and is a great controller for MVP 2004. I haven't had to recalibrate it once. It works perfectly each and every time I play. Otherwise, get a PS2 Dual Shock and a Radio Shack USB adaptor or an Xbox Controller S and do the USB cable mod yourself. My Xbox Controller S probably works better than the Logitech and the rumble works too. I've never had to recalibrate it either.

Go ahead an waste your 30 plus bones on a con. and adapter thats your own deal

To each his own - I already had a dual shock from my ps2 and was familiar with that controller, so it was only $10 for the converter. Didn't mean for it to turn into a controller war.

For eveyrone in this threat i meant what i said as a joke about going to hell i'm just pissed that logitech made a POS controller. When i say goto hell that means that you are lucky and well lucky people suck b/c i'm one of the most unluckiests MOFO in the USA. I mean how many peeps do you know that have had a bird sh|t on their head while playing basketball? BASKETBALL, it's not like you are sitting in one spot waiting for the poop to hit you in the head you are constantly moving around. So i didn't mean to offend anyone so if I did sorry. And i think that i am gonna go buy the ps2 adapter and while i'm out buy me a PS2 since i'm done with college i have time to play it now. Peace

Nad

Well this Is how I see it.....just because someone has a bad experence with a certin controller whatever brand...its human nature to condem there whole product line...as we can see in this thread. If I had a Logitech

dual action controller that did not work well for me I would not blaspheme

that controller..Many hae said that the satek p880 or whatever controller is the one to get....well Ive seen posts that many had problems with that one as well....So life moves on.....just use what works without spraying profanities all over the place and enjoy the games.

PLAY HARD OR GO HOME !!!!!

There was a post over at BBSC where someone reported a new USB driver that had, for them at least, seemed to fix the problem....I can't seem to get into BBSC right now or I would post the link, they may have run out of bandwidth which will mean Tuesday June 1st at the earliest.

http://forums.simcentral.net/showthread.php?t=46852

I tried to resolve my problem with the calibration issue on the Logitech Dual Action Gamepad with several mixed results.

System specs:

AMD XP 3200+

Windows XP Pro

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe (400 MHZ FSB enabled)

1GB Corsair PC 3200 DDR ram

ask if you need more specs...

First I tried the calibration tool from Logitech. They posted this tool on 04/07/04 to attempt to clear your registry from "corrupted" data regarding the device. This tool removes all registry data from all game input devices as well. Suffice to say, I got mixed results. Problem not resolved. Here is the link if you wanna try it:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/d...softwareid=5484

Next I tried the software reinstallation method. This "fix" lasted the longest, varying from one to two weeks. BUT, the calibration problem returned soon enough. Besides, as some members here have reported the "latest" drivers from Logitech are over a year old.

Next, I simply reverted to the "pull-the-plug-from-the-port" method. This "fix" works flawlessly. Once you detect calibration loss, you simply unplug the controller, wait five seconds or so, then plug it back in. Calibration back! VIOLA! Sometimes I found myself doing this every ten minutes or so during a game...god it was annoying! Problem clearly not resolved.

Finally I took a look at the USB drivers. After updating them for my chipset (I just bought this mobo in March BTW and there were updated drivers for the USB ports already...), there was a conflict noted by device manager. Hmmm. I resolved the conflict, and I can report that after two weeks of using the gamepad daily/endlessly, the calibration problem has not returned...yet. The link for checking your USB drivers is:

http://www.usbman.com/

A nice site to check regularly it turns out...or check with your mobo's website. Perhaps updates are coming out bit by bit to address this issue from various manufacturers...I dunno. It seems I found a solution for now and after checking various forums I found that some users NEVER experienced the calibration issue. If you have this problem, I wish you luck and I hope my experience is helpful.

19nazzy,

1. that's an excellent post, very complete.

2. I have a dual action rumblepad usb, the original one that came out 3 years ago. notice i said 3 years: has lasted all this time.

I'm not gonna say that logitech is perfect (far from it) but it does depend on luck. I've had no problems with mine, just luck. Note I also take care of it (ie: I don't throw it on the floor when I lose a game lol)

But to get back to your solutions, since this is a problem that is recurring quite alot, I always tell people to simply unplug/replug, it's annoying but it works. Or reboot, same results, but it doesn't last long.

The utility you refer to is called "Clear Calibration" which is also excellent at clearing the registry from bad calibration keys. Usualy works also for a little while, just like you said, still unpluging/rebooting achieves the same if not better results.

3. Your usb drivers recomendation is probably the best. I've played countless games with this pad with no calibration issues, but for 1 game (NHL2004) it seems it acts up, and the calibration/control gets sluggish, not precise. I never could figure out why it was only in that game, I was suspecting usb drivers conflicts but never went further. Thanks to your link I'll now do that.

I suspect that 50% of all the logitech problems are related to their bad compatibility with WinXP usb drivers, specialy since like you say the logitech drivers are very old and never properly updated. That's my theory...

Despite all this I'm still considering buying the logitech cordless, simply because I hate getting tangled. The only drawbacks are: 1. the bad reviews (lol) due to calibration issues.

2. It eats batteries like no tomorrow.. Anyone else recommend this pad?

Cheers

Guest Deznuts

I still don't understand why you people buy the Logitech knowing that it has problems. I bought a Saitec P880 for $20 and have not had one problem. Just don't buy Logitech.

Hey Five or anyone here give me a few hint if U can.

I am using the Radio Shack USB-PSX Adapter and and of course I am using my ps2 controller. I installed the driver that come with the Adapter.

On Joy.pl __ I find my controller was (USB Dual Vibration Joystick)

Than I went to VID_045E&PID_000XXXX all the folders and checked each folders none have a description listed as my joy.pl label as (USB Dual Vibration Joystick)

Since I can't find the name in those folders I cannot delete or rename it to

Logitech Dual Action.

SO hopefully someone can provide some information.

Archived