SP Mark Buehrle

SP Freddy Garcia

SP Jon Garland

SP Orlando Hernandez

SP Scott Kazmir

SU Luis Vizcaino

CL Damaso Marte

Lineup/Rotation/Roster Moves:

- Moved 1B Shea Hillenbrand from 1B to DH and moved 1B Derek Lee from DH to 1B.

- Moved RP Shingo Takatsu and 3B Joe Crede to the Texas Rangers for 3B Hank Blalock.

- Called up RP Luis Vizcaino from AAA Charlotte Knights.

OPENING DAY RECAP: Cleveland Indians

CLE  3   9   1

CWS  4   6   0

Batting Notables:

HR's: Derek Lee 1(1), Ross Gload 1(1)

RBI's: Derek Lee 1(1), Ross Gload 3(3), Coco Crisp 2(2), Victor Martinez 1(1)

2B's: Coco Crisp 1(1), Jhonny Peralta 1(1)

3B's: None

Pitching Notables:

Mark Buehrle W(1-0) - 8.1 IP, 8 K's, 3 R on 8 H, 4 BB

Damaso Marte S(1) - 0.2 IP, 1 K, 0 R on 0 H, 1 BB

C.C Sabathia L(0-1) - 5.1 IP, 2 K, 4 R on 4 H, 1 BB

Kazuhito Tadano - 2.2 IP, 0 K, 0 R on 2 H, 1 BB

Lockerroom Talk:

Ozzie Guillen: "I liked what I saw. Buehrle was throwing hard. He scared us a bit with those four walks and a lack of control, brushing guys back. He still gave up 8 solid innings and Marte closed it out. Gload needed that homer. He felt a bit akward starting opening day in Chicago rather than Charlotte, were he expected, but he smashed that pitch in the fifth. The boys went nuts. DLee also produced in his first game and I don't mind for a minute losing Frank or Konerko. This guys amazing."

Ross Gload: "Holy cr*p, how far did that go?! 425?! Damn ... !"

Derek Lee: "Things are easier on this side of town. Up at Wrigley, the fans were unbearable. You could hit 3 homers in a game and than strikeout, and they'd tear you apart like you're 0 for your last 40. Things are more laid back here. Ozzie's the best manager I've had."

OPENING DAY RECAP: Cleveland Indians

Derek Lee: "Things are easier on this side of town. Up at Wrigley, the fans were unbearable. You could hit 3 homers in a game and than strikeout, and they'd tear you apart like you're 0 for your last 40. Things are more laid back here. Ozzie's the best manager I've had."

Good Lord you sound like you've been brainwashed by the Sox organization.

GAME 2: Cleveland Indians

CLE  4   12   0

CWS  5   8	0

Batting Notables:

HR's: Ben Broussard 1(1)

RBI's: Shea Hillenbrand 3(3), A.J Pierzynski 1(1), Tadahito Iguchi 1(1), Ronnie Belliard 1(1), Travis Hafner 1(1), Ben Broussard 2(2)

2B's: Shea Hillenbrand 1(1), Joe Crede 1(1), Ronnie Belliard 1(1), Jhonny Peralta 1(2)

Pitching Notables:

Freddy Garcia - 5.0 IP, 3 K's, 4 R on 6 H, 2 BB

Cliff Politte W(1-0) - 2.0 IP, 1 K, 0 R on 3 H, 0 BB

Shingo Takatsu - 1.0 IP, 1 K, 0 R on 2 H, 0 BB

Damaso Marte S(2) - 1.0 IP, 0 K, 0 R on 1 H, 0 BB

Kevin Milwood - 4.2 IP, 4 K's, 4 R on 6 H, 3 BB

Bob Howry L(0-1) - 3.1 IP, 2 K's, 1 R on 2 H, 0 BB

Lockerroom Talk:

Ozzie Guillen: "What a nail biter! Freddy really stunk to say the least, he was off to a rocky start and I did not want him to put us too far behind. I was in awe while the bullpen shut them down for four innings. Cliff was surprisingly productive just in time. I was going to send him down to Charlotte to start the season but decided not. What a decision!"

Shea Hillenbrand: "Man did Milwood give me a fat pitch to lace. Got me a double and 3 ribs. I thought it was going to dip like hell, but it hung up there. Thank god. Laced that to the gap for 3 runs."

Freddy Garcia: "I tip my cap to Cliff. He pulled me out of hot water. Ozzie was p*ssed when I came to the dugout after the fifth. He sent Pierzysnki to ask me if I wanted to stay in. I saved my life and said "No, tell him to take me out." Smartest decision I could've made. Hopefully I light them out next time."

Ozzie Guillen: "What a nail biter! Freddy really stunk to say the least, he was off to a rocky start and I did not want him to put us too far behind. I was in awe while the bullpen shut them down for four innings. Cliff was surprisingly productive just in time. I was going to send him down to Charlotte to start the season but decided not. What a decision!"

Something tells me Ozzie's not gonna have the whole team behind him long with that sort of language.

"Hey Bill, you suck" "Thanks coach"

Something tells me Ozzie's not gonna have the whole team behind him long with that sort of language.

"Hey Bill, you suck" "Thanks coach"

Ozzie speaks his mind. That's all I will say. Just wait till he's on a losing streak. :wink:

Hey Lu'; thanks for the comment. I still love your dynasties more than anything else in the world. 8O ...

... alright maybe too far. :lol:

GAME 3: Cleveland Indians

CLE  0   1   1

CWS  1   9   0

Batting Notables:

HR's: None

RBI's: Derek Lee 1(2)

2B's: Orlando Cabrera 1(1), Joe Crede 1(2), Ronnie Belliard 1(2)

CS: Coco Crisp 1(1)

Pitching Notables:

Jon Garland W(1-0) - 10.0 IP, 8 K's, 0 R on 1 H, 2 BB

Jake Westbrook - 5.0 IP, 5 K's, 0 R on 5 H, 0 BB (Left game with strained right hamstring)

Kazuhito Tadano L(0-1) - 4.2 IP, 2 K's, 1 R on 4 H, 0 BB

Lockerroom Talk:

Ozzie Guillen: "Wow! Garland was superb. I thought when he walked Coco and gave up the double to Belliard, I thought it was going to be one of those days. But a 10 inning performance?! Did not see that coming. We were just lucky Pierz picked off Coco going for second. I actually asked Jon personally in the 10th inning if he wanted to stay in. He did! He struck out the last two! What a performace; more than I can say about the dismal RISP in this game ... "

Jon Garland: "I thought Ozzie would pull me. Honestly. He came over and asked and that gave me motivation to right back out there. When I knocked down Hafner I thought my control was shot, but I came right back and got a pop up, than struck out Juan-gone and Casey and felt the pressure leave my head. I was the first to get to Lee when he came off the field. I flipped sh*t when I watched him lace a single."

Jake Westbrook: "Why couldn't I be on the other end of that pitching duel for more than 5 innings? Why?! I'll teel you why! My hammy ripped on me. It's a damn shame. We face them a lot so I'll have a shot at redemption but damn was I p*ssed!"

Derek Lee: I think I'm Jon's new best friend. Walk off hits are my favorite part of this game and I couldn't be enjoying myself more. I think we have a good shot, but I won't promise anything since it's really early."

Next Series: Minnesota Twins

GAME 1: Minnesota Twins

CWS  10   13   1

MIN  4	8	1

Batting Notables:

HR's: Orlando Cabrera 1(1), Torii Hunter 1(2)

RBI's: Scott Podsednik 2(2), Orlando Cabrera 4(4), Derek Lee 1(3), Tadahito Iguchi 1(2), Ross Gload 2(5), Torii Hunter 1(4), Michael Cuddyer 2(2)

2B's: Jacque Jones 1(1)

3B's: Jacque Jones 1(1)

SF: Derek Lee 1(1), Tadahito Iguchi 1(1), Michael Cuddyer 1(1)

SB: Ross Gload 1(1), Lew Ford 1(1)

Pitching Notables:

Orlando Hernandez W(1-0) - 5.0 IP, 4 K's, 4 R on 4 H, 1 BB

Dustin Hermanson - 4.0 IP, 1 K's, 0 R on 4 H, 1 BB

Carlos Silva - 3.2 IP, 3 K's, 4 R on 7 H, 1 BB

Terry Mulholland L(0-1) - 2.0 IP, 1 K's, 3 R on 3 H, 2 BB

Grant Balfour - 1.2 IP, 1 K's, 3 R on 3 H, 0 BB

J.D Durbin - 1.2 IP, 1 K's, 0 R on 0 H, 1 BB

Lockerroom Talk:

Ozzie Guillen: "It was good to see the bats come alive and Dustin pitching well. I would've rather seen more from El Duque than just five innings but he got the win none the less. O-Cab got a big welcome with his fourth inning grand slam and the boys went nuts for him. I can't stress enough my appreciation for Dusty picking up El Duque for us. Orlando was not productive and he'd better whip himself into shape ... soon."

Orlando Cabrera: "I showed Mr. Silva what it means to be inducted into this game. He wants to play pretty ball with me, I'll take him yard again if I have the chance. He thought I was going to leave the bases loaded?! Guess again Carlos. Next time maybe you'll think before knocking me back."

Dustin Hermanson: "I had no idea Ozzie intended on leaving me in for four innings. I took the job and I did not take it lightly. Ozzie had faith in me and I respected that faith. El Duque was the first to greet me after my flawless ninth. He was more than appreciative."

Carlos Silva: "Plain and simple; I s*cked. No two ways around it. As for Orlando, I hope we get another chance to play them on one of my days. I made a horrible pitch which was a cross between a curve and a change and it ended up fat. If he wants to take credit for that, I'd gladly face him again and strike him out on three pitches. He didn't do anything to me that I didn't do to myself. I just plain out s*cked."

GAME 2: Minnesota Twins

CWS  2   6   0

MIN  5   7   1

Batting Notables:

HR's: Joe Mauer 1(2)

RBI's: Lew Ford 2(2), Joe Mauer 2(4), Michael Cuddyer 1(3)

2B's: Derek Lee 1(1), A.J Pierzynski 1(1), Lew Ford 1(2), Michael Cuddyer 1(1)

3B's: Joel Guerrero 1(1)

SB: Jacque Jones 1(1), Lew Ford 1(3)

Pitching Notables:

Scott Kazmir L(0-1) - 6.1 IP, 5 K's, 3 R on 6 H, 2 BB

Shingo Takatsu - 1.2 IP, 3 K's, 2 R on 1 H, 1 BB

Terry Mulholland W(1-1) - 7.0 IP, 1 K's, 2 UR on 5 H, 1 BB

J.C Romero - 1.0 IP, 1 K's, 0 R on 1 H, 0 BB

Joe Nathan S(1) - 1.0 IP, 0 K's, 0 R on 0 H, 1 BB

Lockerroom Talk:

Ozzie Guillen: "I bet you think all I'm gonna do is complain. I did see some good things today. Derek is continuing to hit the ball extremely well, Scott was very good but he made the one hanging pitch to Joe and Joe didn't take it lightly. My only complaint is why I haven't moved Shingo out of my bullpen yet. His 6.00+ ERA is really starting to p*ss me off. I bring him in and he does nothing. He can't get an out before giving up a run. Expect to be reporting on him going somewere ... "

Terry Mulholland: "Did I expect to get the call today after pitching really cr*ppy yesterday? No way. Ron told me he wanted me on the hill today so I went. Dropped my ERA down to 3.00 and pitched a few solid innings. Really no complaints on today."

Scott Kazmir: "I'm not going to make any excuses for the at bat with Joe. I made some good pitches that the ump clearly blew and Joe's check swing, wasn't a check swing. I saw the head of the bat and I thought I wrung him up. Guess not. I thought I pitched good and Ozzie wasn't as angry as I thought he would be. He told me I did my best and tried and the bats just weren't working."

Roster Report:

"Manager Ozzie Guillen made his move today as he put in a reccomandation to the GM to move Set up man Shingo Takatsu as of his comments after last games interview. He didn't know Shingo would be traded. Before today's game against the Minnesota Twins 3B Joe Crede and RP Shingo Takatsu were sent to Texas in exchange for 3B Hank Blalock. Hank has been quoted saying he's happy to be under a more relaxed manager in Ozzie Guillen. He expressed the levity of uncomfort playing under manager Buck Showalter.

Hank brings to the team a strong lefty bat, hitting .286 with 1 homerun and 3 RBI's thus far. The White Sox GM also called up releif man from Charlotte, Luis Vizcaino. Luis is delighted to get the oppurtunity and will take over the set up role today against the Twins. Blalock will also make his first start."

Texas Rangers get:

3B Joe Crede

RP Shingo Takatsu

Chicago White Sox get:

3B Hank Blalock

GAME 3: Minnesota Twins

CWS  3   7   0

MIN  2   9   1

Batting Notables:

HR's: Shea Hillenbrand 1(1), Aaron Rowand 1(1)

RBI's: Shea Hillenbrand 1(4), Aaron Rowand 1(1), A.J Pierzynski 1(2), Shannon Stewart 1(2), Justin Morneau 1(2)

2B's: Ross Gload 1(2), Lew Ford 1(3)

3B's: None.

SF: Justin Morneau 1(1)

CS: Joel Guerrero 1(1)

Pitching Notables:

Mark Buehrle W(2-0) - 9.0 IP, 5 K's, 2 R on 9 H, 3 BB

Johan Santana L(0-2) - 6.2 IP, 10 K's, 3 R on 6 H, 2 BB

Juan Rincon - 1.2 IP, 2 K's, 0 R on 1 H, 2 BB

Lockerroom Talk:

Ozzie Guillen: "Mark gave the bullpen a rest today. Those 9 hits were scattered and he was never really in trouble. The homers were some monster shots and Shea's was over 450. Unbeleivable. Before you ask me about Shingo, I have no comment. It's just a shame Hank didn't do anything to confirm my beleifs on this trade. Solid win today. Mark's our work horse."

Mark Buehrle: "I had a feeling Ozzie would take me out in the eight but he didn't. I was really surprised. He had faith in me and it was a 1-2-3 ninth. I need to start working on my mechanics a bit and start making hitters chase my pitches. My control has been subpar between my first two starts, but hopefully I can even that out."

Hank Blalock: "I got butterflies today. I never really dealt too well with new places. 0 for 4 is not what I was expecting to do in my debut but maybe I can knock Cleveland around tomorrow. I can't offer excuses for not producing today, just refer to my history not performing in new places."

Next Series: Cleveland Indians

Archived