Rebuilding: The Chicago White Sox

mooseknucks

GAME 1: Cleveland Indians

CWS  5   12   2

CLE  6   10   1

Batting Notables:

HR's: None.

RBI's: Orlando Cabrera 3(7), Shea Hillenbrand 1(5), Tadahito Iguchi 1(3), Ronnie Belliard 1(3), Travis Hafner 1(6), Ben Broussard 1(6)

2B's: Aaron Rowand 1(1), Coco Crisp 1(2), Ben Broussard 1(1)

3B's: Orlando Cabrera 1(1), Tadahito Iguchi 1(1)

SB: Scott Podsednik 1(1), Aaron Rowand 1(1), Coco Crisp 2(4)

Pitching Notables:

Freddy Garcia - 7.2 IP, 3 K's, 5 UR on 7 H, 3 BB

Luis Vizcaino L(0-1) - 0.2 IP, 1 K, 1 R on 3 H, 1 BB

Kevin Milwood - 6.1 IP, 2 K's, 2 R on 5 H, 5 BB

Kazuhito Tadano - 0.2 IP, 0 K's, 0 R on 1 H, 0 BB

Rafael Betancourt - 0.2 IP, 1 K, 3 R on 4 H, 0 BB

Bob Howry W(1-1) - 1.1 IP, 1 K, 0 R on 2 H, 1 BB

Lockerroom Talk:

Ozzie Guillen: "Cabrera and Blalock did far from help us. Their errors cost us 3 runs and I don't think it's hard to tell that kind of sh*t really p*sses me off. Cabrera somewhat redeemed himself with the 3 RBI triple but it was too late. The damage was done. Vizcaino didn't help us either. The only answer I have for him if this was his first appearance, but either way, I was not pleased. The hitting did decent as Shea continues to burn, but the fielding and releif pitching were not impressive."

Luis Vizcaino: "It never feels good to blow a game for your team. Never. I came in and I just blew the game. I was rusty, I know that, but I let up the one bad pitch to Ben and he took advantage. It was no one's fault but my own."

Hank Blalock: "Coach was steamed when I came back in the dugout. It was a bad throw and it cost us 2 runs. Freddy wasn't happy but Ozzie was straight out p*ssed. I knew when I let it go, it slipped right off the side of my hand. I came up and I couldn't do anything with the bat either. Just another bad day to chalk up on my Chicago debut."

Orlando Cabrera: "No excuses for the error. I gave up the tying run by letting the ball play me. I thought I'd brought us back in with the triple but it wasn't to be. Luis gave up a bloop shot right over my head to Hafner and that was the game. I tried, I lunged, I roughed up my body, I just couldn't reach that d*mn ball. If Ozzie blames me, I don't blame him. My head wasn't in the game today."

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read. This totally inspires me, I'm going to do a dynasty now in tribute to Brooklyn. I'm going to close my eyes and randomly choose a team, then let the computer randomly choose staff and players, then I'll play it with no cheats, lose 19 out of 20 games, and have the losing manager openly diss his players here on the forum. The soap opera sounds like more fun than the game itself, almost.

Oh and I deliberately WON'T choose the Yankees, because I don't like losing as the Yankees. And the whole point of this will be how long before I fire the manager.

OK I did it but I forgot to uninstall Fuzz's Total Classics first so it's got stars from throughout history in it. It turns out I have a good team with Willie Randolph managing and Lee mazzilli managing my minors. I'll continue the drama in my own new dynasty thread, created in tribute to Brooklyn's thread here. I really think this is the funniest and coolest thing, I'm not kidding.

GAME 1: Cleveland Indians

CWS  5   6   0

CLE  2   7   2

Batting Notables:

HR's: Coco Crisp 1(1), Casey Blake 1(1)

RBI's: Scott Podsednik 3(5), Orlando Cabrera 1(8), Derek Lee 1(4), Coco Crisp 1(3), Casey Blake 1(2)

2B's: Orlando Cabrera 1(2), Tadahito Iguchi 1(1), Juan Gonzalez 1(2), Aaron Bone 1(3)

3B's: Scott Podsednik 1(1)

Pitching Notables:

Jon Garland W(2-0) - 8.2 IP, 6 K's, 2 R on 7 H, 1 BB

Damaso Marte - 0.1 IP, 1 K, 0 R on 0 H, 0 BB

Jake Westbrook L(0-1) - 4.2 IP, 3 K's, 5 R on 4 H, 1 BB

Jason Davis - 4.1 IP, 5 K's, 0 R on 2 H, 1 BB

Lockerroom Talk:

Ozzie Guillen: "Garland! What a performance again! I tried to let him go all the way but he gave up his first walk with no out in the ninth. Either way, he pitched like a madman! After the homer to Coco, he sent down a good 11 or 12 guys. Impressive. As for Hank Blalock. I don't know were his place is on this team, but I need to move him into to DH and Shea over to third. Shea's not so happy about sitting the bench when he could be in the field, and his second position is third base. We'll try that, because Shea's b*tching and moaning and frankly, Hank's doing sh*t with the bat and the glove."

Jon Garland: "Hey what can I say? Another good game here for me. For the team for that matter. When Scotty smacked the three bagger down the line to give us a 4-2 lead, I knew I was going to hang on to it and I did. I did what I'm getting paid to do and Ozzie couldn't be happier with my performance. Everyone's doing things right and I really like the way this teams coming along."

Jake Westbrook: "P*ssed?! You bet your *ss I am! Second straight time I couldn't break more than 5 innings with Garland on the mound. First I get injured, than I just get hammered; it's a slew of bad luck. Maybe I can finally face him up next time around instead of sitting the bench and just f***ing watching him."

Orlando Cabrera: "I feel like I'm coming into my own. I lead the team in RBI's and I'm doing it at big moments when we need runs the most. Hitting in front of Lee I see a lot more pitches and have more chances to rip them. But I'm starting to cool off as of Derek slumping big time, so I see less pitches and they pitch to Derek. Either way, I know my spot on this team, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it."

GAME 2: Cleveland Indians

CWS  3   7   1

CLE  6   8   2

Batting Notables:

HR's: Derek Lee 1(2), Ben Broussard 1(2)

RBI's: Derek Lee 3(7), Travis Hafner 1(7), Ben Broussard 2(8)

2B's: Aaron Rowand 1(2), Coco Crisp 1(3), Ben Broussard 1(2)

3B's: None

SB: Scott Podsednik 1(2)

Pitching Notables:

Orlando Hernandez L(1-1) - 2.1 IP, 3 K's, 6 UR on 4 H, 2 BB

Neal Cotts: 5.2 IP, 5 K's, 0 R on 4 H, 2 BB

Cliff Lee W(1-1) - 5.1 IP, 2 K's, 1 R on 4 H, 4 BB

Arthur Rhodes - 1.2 IP, 2 K's, 2 R on 1 H, 1 BB

Rafael Betancourt - 1.0 IP, 1 K, 0 R on 2 H, 0 BB

Bob Wickman S(1) - 1.0 IP, 1 K, 0 R on 0 H, 0 BB

Lockerroom Talk:

Ozzie Guillen: "Certainly not impressive. I did find light in all of this massacre though; Neal Cotts will be taking El Duque's start. Orlando just got hammered with six runs in the third inning. I went out and pulled him and asked him if he knew what this meant. He did. It's a start in AAA Charlotte for him. Neal looked dominant and we'll see if he can capitalize next week when he makes his start. Derek Lee's homer was a bit of a shot. Today was overall a terrible day. Our guys lost morale after the big third. Defense was lack luster, bats were dead. Neal gave us a light though, but it wasn't enough. Tough loss and not so impressive for Orlando."

Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez: "Man am I unhappy. This game was the worst for me. I only lasted 2 and a third innings! It was disgraceful and when me and Ozzie were back in the dugout, he came over and said 'you know what this means right?' and I looked down and said yeah. It's a start in AAA for me. It would normally be degrading but I faced 10 batters without getting an out. They tore into me and I deserve a slight demotion. I'll be rooting for Neal though. He really saved me from Ozzie's Earfull."

Neal Cotts: "I'm actually quite excited. Today was kind of like a start. I went just over 5 innings and finished the game in good fashion. Ozzie came up to me about 15 minutes ago and said I'm getting the call next week while El Duque takes a game in Charlotte. I feel bad for him but I'm just glad I'm getting some time. I thought I deserved it and apparently Ozzie thinks so too."

Same Day Rosters Moves: "Today, White Sox manager reported to GM Sicili Ronin that he wanted starter Orlando Hernandez to take some time in Charlotte. In his document he requested bullpen sessions during games and than making his start in Charlotte. Ozzie expressed no dislike towards El Duque and stated that he was 'just doing his job'. Ronin accepted the request and sent Orlando down to make some appearances. AAA starter Jon Adkins will take the place of Orlando on the roster and will take long releif in the bullpen."

GM Sicili Ronin: "I wasn't pleased to have to send a seasoned veteran down to the Minor Leauges, but I couldn't alienate my head coach like that. He requested and so I knew that he must have meant it. I hope I don't have to take part in anything like this anymore, but if I do, I'll trust Ozzie. This is my first year here and I don't want to make an enemy in Ozzie. Hopefully Neal does good and Ozzie comes to me with a decent trade proposal for who to send away for some releif pitching."

GAME 1: Seattle Mariners

SEA  8   15   0

CWS  1   8   0

Batting Notables:

HR's: Derek Lee 1(3), Adrian Beltre 2(14), Raul Ibanez 2(5), Jeremy Reed 3(6), Miguel Olivo 1(2)

RBI's: Derek Lee 1(8)

2B's: Hank Blalock 1(1), Adrian Beltre 2(2), Raul Ibanez 1(1), Jeremy Reed 1(1)

3B's: None

SB: Ichiro 1(5)

Pitching Notables:

Scott Kazmir L(0-2) - 5.2 IP, 2 K's, 2 R on 5 H, 2 BB

Dustin Hermanson - 2.0 IP, 1 K, 3 R on 5 H, 1 BB

Luis Vizcaino - 0.2 IP, 2 K's, 3 R on 5 H, 1 BB

Cliff Politte - 0.2 IP, 0 K's, 0 R on 0 H, 0 BB

Bill Madritsch W(1-1) - 8.0 IP, 7 K's, 1 R on 5 H, 4 BB

Julio Mateo - 1.0 IP, 1 K, 0 R on 3 H, 0 BB

Lockerroom Talk:

Ozzie Guillen: "You'd think one of the four pitchers we used would be productive? Guess again. Cliff pitched two batters and both outs were hard hit. Hard hit. This game was a downright awful showing."

Derek Lee: "Sure it feels good to hit a homer, but my other three at bats were a disgrace. I'd rather hit .200 with no homers than have to get ripped by Ozzie after the game. This game was appauling and we deserved everything Ozzie said."

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, no one seemed to follow so I just continued playing and simming here and there ... Lee ended up with a .342 BA and 41 homers, 112 RBI's, while Garland swept the Cy Young with his 1.24 ERA, 24-1 Record and 211 K's with just 6 walks.

He better of won the Cy Young with those numbers! :lol:

Archived