• 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 71-80
    • 81-90
    • 91-100
    • 101-110
    • 111+

I've started a Pirates season and am planing to go all the way. I'll be posting about the games after every series. I'm playing under All Star and under my own sliders. This is called A New Look Season because before my season started I made tons of trades, signings, and call ups. I hope I get tons of feedback. Wish me luck! :D

Here are all of the trades and signings I made:

Signed RP Josh Mota

Traded SP Dave Williams for 3B Edwin Encarnacion from CIN

Traded RP Ian Snell for SP Denny Bautista from KC

Traded SP Kip Wells for Johnny Estrada from ATL

Traded SP Mark Redman for 2B Chone Figgins from LAA

Traded 2B Bobby Hill for RP Fernanado Podney from DET

I will be updating Call Ups and Send Downs later

Here the Depth Chart so you can base your vote off of.

SP:Oliver Perez, Sean Burrnet, John Van Benschoten, Josh Fogg, Denny Bautista

RP:Jose Mesa, Willis Roberts, Josh Mota, Mike Johnson, Salomon Torres, Fernando Rodney

C:Johnny Estrada, Benito Santiago

1B:Craig Wilson, Daryle Ward

2B:Chone Figgins, Freddy Sanchez

3B:Edwin Encarnacion, Ty Wigginton, Rob Mackowiak

SS:Jack Wilson

LF:Jason Bay

CF:Tike Redman, Rich Thompson

RF:Matt Lawton

The SP is in the order of my rotation and Batting order and exact RP will be coming soon. :D

Here is my opening day Rotation, Relief Pitching, and Batting Order:

SP

1 O. Perez

2 S. Burnett

3 J. Van Benschoten

4 J. Fogg

5 D. Bautista

RP

LRP F. Rodney

MRP W. Roberts

MRP J. Mota

MRP M. Johnson

SU S. Torres

CL J. Mesa

Batting Order

RHP W/O DH

1 2B C. Figgins

2 CF T. Redman

3 C J. Estrada

4 LF J. Bay

5 SS J. Wilson

6 RF M. Lawton

7 1B C. Wilson

8 3B E. Encarnacion

9 Pitcher

(DH when needed R. Thompson)

LHP W/O DH

1 2B C. Figgins

2 CF T. Redman

3 1B D. Ward

4 LF J. Bay

5 C J. Estrada

6 3B E. Encarnacion

7 RF M. Lawton

8 SS J. Wilson

9 Pitcher

(DH when needed F. Sanchez)

I also signed Ruben Rodriguez to AAA

Can't be much worse than the real thing. Still, in terms of MVP 2005, I still see Wigginton as nothing more than an A backup. If I was doing a serious Pirates dynasty, I'd play Sanchez at 3b, just because thats where he earned that job in real life. But seriously, I'd rather have Yurendell DeCaster on my big league roster than Wigginton. But who knows, maybe I'm just bitter from watching his embarrassing 1B appearances.

Everyone you might be right. I just got swept by the Brewers, crazy huh. But the trade I just made might make or break the bullpen.

Min: J. Mota (RP) & R. Mackowaik (3B) (sorry penguininja but Mackowaik is worse)

Pit: J. Nathan (RP)

Bullpen changes look like this:

J. Nathan CL

J. Mesa SU

S. Torres MRP

Also sent down Sanchez for Castillo and called up R. Rodriguez for the open space.

One inning win for Brewers in 5-2 win.

Game one was the Buccs game until the 7th. The Brewers had a 5 run 7th. They WP was Ben Sheets will Oliver Perez was the loser. The save went to Mike Adams well almost giving it away. The Pirates had runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs and couldn't get anything out of it in the 9th. Damian Miller had a great game with 2 hits 1 homer and 3RBI's. Jason Bay and Tike Redman were the offence for the Buccs going a combined 4-8. Bay had 1 homer with 1 RBI well Redman went 2-4 with a 2B and 1 RBI also.

Mil 0-0-0-0-0-0-5-0-0--5-12-1 WP B. Sheets SV M. Adams MVP D. Miller

Pit 0-0-0-2-0-0-0-0-0--2-09-0 LP O. Perez

Get out the brooms, Brewers sweep Buccs.

Doug Davis proves to be too much for the Pirates. He pitched a 2 hitter with 0 ER and 11K's in the Brew Crew win. The Buccs had a no hitter until the 6th when J.J. Hardy got a hit. But Davis had his broken in the 6th also but didn't let it effect him. Burnett let it effect him, the next inning he gave up a run and then the bullpen took over and gave up 2 more runs. It was still a close game but they just couldn't hold them. Davis also did it on the other side with 1 of the three RBI's with one hit. There wasn't much offence because two of the three runs were on an error by Encarnacion. The Pirates need to hit when they pitch or pitch when they hit. Catcher Johnny Estrada got injured diving for a foul ball. He strained his right ribcage and will return on 4/18/05 but for now Benito Santiago will be taking over.

Mil 0-0-0-0-0-0-1-2-0--3-5-0 WP D. Davis SV none

Pit 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0--0-2-1 LP S. Burnett

broom.gif for Brewers.

Trade Talks

Jack Wilson is now on the block and is looking to leave the Pirates. The Pirates also want to get rid of him. GM Dave Littlefield said, "He isn't doing bad but we just don't want him right now." Fans say it's stupid, "He had a break out year last year and even if it was half way through the year and he had a .093 avg. it's still stupid." If a trade does go through only time will tell.

pirates.gif

Trade goes through

The Pirates end up dumping J. Wilson on the Braves. The problem with that is that Wilson won't likely be starting in Atlanta. They Buccs got M. Giles out of it along with a minor league RP K. Kendall. The Braves wouldn't just take that so they also got J. Bautista one of the Pirates minor league prospect. This moves Figgins to SS and Giles to 2B. Along with this Lawton will be taking a few days off because he has been in a slump. The Pirates GM commented on the trade afterward and said, "We wanted to get a 2B out of it and we did."

Comments will be taken about what you think.

Extra Innings to much for Padres

Game one of a four game series against the Padres was an extra inning thriller. The Buccs were winning after the top of the 7th. But after the 7th inning stretch the Padres came back with a two run homer. It went scoreless since there and after Mesa went in there were some close calls. In the bottom of the 9th the Padres load the bases with one out. No one in the bullpen until that so he has to stay in. The Padres hit a ground ball to the 3rd basemen 5-4-3 double play. Extra innings were close. Botton of the 10th Runner on second and a liner to center. Tike Redman lunches the throw home and Mesa is saved again. Top of the 11th Figgins up and a deep fly ball to right field a 402ft. homerun by Figgins. In the bottom of the 11th Nathan goes in and sets them down in order and ends it with a strike out.

PIT 0-0-1-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-1--3-05-2 WPJ. Mesa(lucky) SV J. Nathan

SD 0-0-0-0-0-0-2-0-0-0-0--2-10-0 LP B. Neal

Game two soon to come!

Archived