Mod/Download Rating System

PatBorders

May have been mentioned before, sorry if it has, but I think it would be useful to have a rating or review section for the mods or downloads. This way we can see what other members (or admins) think of each new mod and let us know how accurate/buggy/cool it is. Just a suggestion. Check out www.counter-strike-dl.com and look at the skins to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Darn, that's too bad. Anyone mind sharing their favorite/most accurate roster maker? anyone tried that big Roster 2.35 updated models.big file?
Personally, I use Real Mania's 3.0, I found that I like the way the minor league players are rated, and more of the unknown players have more realistic ratings.

Yes, but now where you have to be registered to download from the site, the potential for abuse is less - there's just so many crappy mods being uploaded lately it would be good to see some sort of system to sift the wheat from he chaff

What 'battle'? This is still just a message board isn't it?

In case you haven't read the title of this thread, it is a discussion on a rating system for downloads, your two previous posts have nothing to do with this discussion.

Your personal animosity towards me is no reason to hijack this thread.

Yes, but now where you have to be registered to download from the site, the potential for abuse is less - there's just so many crappy mods being uploaded lately it would be good to see some sort of system to sift the wheat from he chaff

You needed to be registered back when we still had it and it was abused

Ok, a couple of things:

1) TribeTime26 is correct here; it was abused before. Chances are that it would be abused again. Animosity exists between members. Brooklyn has proven that here.

2) Brooklyn, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes between you and Hory, but please keep it out of the forums.

Hmm, I was sure the rating system was back when you didn't have to be registered to download, oh well....

how about this then - not have a rating system as such, remove the negative aspect and have a system where a download can be recommended by users that are then named. So you could have a option for a user to select an option on the download page "I have tried this download and recomend it to others" for example on the download page for a Umachines uniform set you see that his uniforms are recommended by User X, so that if User X is a respected member you can be sure it's a worthwhile download.

Archived