Little trade help.

camus

Just looking for some of your guys opinions. I'm playing as the Braves in a dynasty and am a game over 2nd place to lead the NL East division after one month. However, my lineup is severely lacking a big bat to either bat cleanup behind Chipper and before Andruw, or a nice #3 homerun bat to hit in front of Chipper. Here are some trade possibilities I've already tried to see if they'd accept, but I want these to be realistic, hence why I want your guy's opinions. Here we go....

SP H. Ramirez & RP K. Gryboski to CIN for LF A. Dunn (and maybe A-level pitching prospect).

SP J. Thomson, RP R. Basner (A), OF S. Doetsch (A) to LAA for LF Garrett Anderson.

SP J. Thomson to BOS for RF T. Nixon.

SP H. Ramirez to TB for 1B/OF A. Huff.

What do you think? I put them in order of what I would do first.

A. Dunn in that lineup would be just beautiful. It's also quite like real life as Cincinnatti would want a bonafide starter for Dunn to even think about trading him, and I also threw in a servicable relief pitcher (something the Reds need since they have such bad starting pitching). Dunn is also an okay defender in left.

G. Anderson is my second choice, as I would rather get rid of J. Thomson than H. Ramirez, so that is the upside of this trade. However, G. Anderson is only a mediocre defensive LF and not the true cleanup hitter I desire. Same goes for T. Nixon, only better defense but I have to give up H. Ramirez. I also really do not want to give up H. Ramirez for someone like A. Huff who's defense stinks.

So how about them apples? Think the Dunn trade is feasible in real life?

Heres some people that I would trade for by position:

(Casey and Dunn are good two, I just always get mixed up with them in positions)

C- Mike Piazza, Ivan Rodriugez

1B- Richie Sexson, Todd Helton(which would be realistic, it's bound to happen)

2B- Alfonso Soriano

3B- Scott Rolen, David Wright, A-Rod,

SS- A-Rod (yes A-Rod was once the greatest shortstop, until the Yanks move him)

OF- Cliff Floyd, Carlos Beltran, Mike Cameron, Gary Sheffield, Manny Ramirez, Preston Wilson can hit them

P- Mike Hampton

Hope that helps a little bit. It just gets you some power hitters for each position.

The Adam Dunn trade would be perfect, that would definitly solidify your lineup, and the cleanup spot, and I think that maybe you could slip in Jorge Sosa as your 5th starter. Yes Ramirez is a lefty starter, but Sosa is young, and could fit in nicely into the rotation. Whatever trade you do, I hope it works out for you, and I hope I helped.

The Adam Dunn trade would be perfect, that would definitly solidify your lineup, and the cleanup spot, and I think that maybe you could slip in Jorge Sosa as your 5th starter. Yes Ramirez is a lefty starter, but Sosa is young, and could fit in nicely into the rotation. Whatever trade you do, I hope it works out for you, and I hope I helped.

I believe thats what I'm going to do. Sosa has a solid 2.57 era in long relief, and Davies in AAA is pitching well. So maybe I'll move Davies up to long relief, and let Sosa take the 5th spot, and bring up my AAA closer (Childers) or Brooks, the LH relief pitcher. So yeah, Dunn for Gryboski and Ramirez seems fair to me. Thanks you two!

well said. That's your best bet. In my Braves Dynasty, i've got Sosa as the 5th starter after I traded Horacio Ramirez. Sosa's 9-6 with a 3.75 ERA, so not bad.

I had the same desire as you and I went out and got Mench, Bad defense, great bat. I ended up with 25 homers and he hit .295. Really all you need is a bat and I gave up Thomson for him I think. He is also dirt cheap. He'll be good until you can bring up Francouer in 2008, assuming you're not there yet. I'm in 2007 with Mench, A. Jones, and Brassard (made up guy?) in my outfield.

I had the same desire as you and I went out and got Mench, Bad defense, great bat. I ended up with 25 homers and he hit .295. Really all you need is a bat and I gave up Thomson for him I think. He is also dirt cheap. He'll be good until you can bring up Francouer in 2008, assuming you're not there yet. I'm in 2007 with Mench, A. Jones, and Brassard (made up guy?) in my outfield.

Yeah, I'm a huge stickler on defense though and Dunn is servicable and quick enough for the outfield. I even thought about trying to pry away Vernon Wells from the Blue Jays but that seemed highly unlikely that the Jays would trade him. However, could you imagine an outfield that had both A. Jones and V. Wells. I don't think a ball would drop anywhere.

Once I trade for Dunn (he's on the DL for one more day) I think I'll release Brian Jordan, and send down Betemit and replace him with Francouer. Francouer would then face LHP in a rotation in RF with Langerhans & Johnson (who will face RHP). Langerhans is tied with A. LaRoche and the team lead of home runs, so I don't want to sit him, which will mean Johnson rides the bench more often than not and will be the left handed pinch hitter (with Francon being the right handed PH).

How about this lineup?:

Furcal, SS

Giles, 2B

C. Jones, 3B

Dunn, LF

A. Jones, CF

J. Estrada, C

A. LaRoche, 1B

R. Langerhans/K. Johnson/J. Francouer, RF

Ouch! :lmao:

Archived