Royal Blues' "Click to Start": Griffey posted 6-7

Royal Blues

See later posts for new screens 8)

I've been working with PhotoShop for a long time, and I think this is one of the better pieces of work I've come up with in a very long time.

Let me know what you guys think, and more may come in the future 8)

55534075.jpg

That's some killer work, I'm tempted to use it even though I'm not a Royals fan :)

Would it be possible, after serving the Reds, to do something similiar with the Rangers? The startup screen I made hasn't got anything on that. I've got two pictures in mind that you could use:

http://s94981823.onlinehome.us/jamcadbury/DSCN4306.jpg - This year's Ballpark in Arlington as a backdrop, unless you find a better picture or if this doesn't resize well.

http://s94981823.onlinehome.us/jamcadbury/myoung.bmp - I couldn't find the original picture for this, so I took it out of my mod and made it .bmp...I don't have a clue how you "cut out" the player such as you've done. If you find a picture of a Ranger that would fit better though, that's great.

If you can't get to this, that's ok too.

That's some killer work, I'm tempted to use it even though I'm not a Royals fan :)

Would it be possible, after serving the Reds, to do something similiar with the Rangers? The startup screen I made hasn't got anything on that. I've got two pictures in mind that you could use

Sure thing Jam. May take a little bit, as I'm working on Kauffman and doing screens and portraits in between, but I'll definitely get to it. Any player in particular? Michael Young is tearing it up this year...got him on both my fantasy teams. Blalock would work well too. Your preference, really.

Blues:

Yeah... that's it... but I would like to have a higher quality pic of Ken in there. I'll what I can find. Please PM your email address.

One more thing... if possible, would you please exchange the locations & sizes of the EA logo and the RedLeg man??? I think it would look a whole lot better that way.

Please keep me posted.

Regards,

D24

Hey Dev, check your PM's.

In the meantime, here's another idea I came up with. If you don't like this one, I'll definitely take any ideas you have into consideration.

If anybody else likes this one or the other one, I'll upload them tonight.

55986597.jpg

Sure thing Jam. May take a little bit, as I'm working on Kauffman and doing screens and portraits in between, but I'll definitely get to it. Any player in particular? Michael Young is tearing it up this year...got him on both my fantasy teams. Blalock would work well too. Your preference, really.

Well, if that Young picture isn't usable, then just use your own judgment. ;) I'd like to see Young or Cordero the most, but anything is good.

Also, just a bit of constructive criticism, but I like the first Royals background where the MLBPA and MLB logos aren't present more than the Reds ones you did. Also, I like the first and third ones where the MVP logo is a bit smaller than the second which is larger. Other than those two things, I think both the Cincy ones look great.

krawhitham - How the heck do you do that with PS? I'm guessing you don't freehand it.

Young's pic is definitely usable, but he might look like he's kinda floating if i cut him out of his background. I might be able to find a better shot...if so, I'll pm you to see if you like at. As far as the background, that is an awesome shot. Would you rather it be screened in blue or red?

Now for the "cutting out" process...no, not freehand. What you want to do is use Quick Mask (there is a button there...PM me and I can walk you through it). Basically what you do is fill the pic with paint (it'll show up as a red screen) and erase what you want to show up. You'll want to zoom in to make sure you have it outlined just right. After you're done, click on the regular edit button (can't remember the name of that...Normal Mode I think), and it'll be back in normal mode, with your pic having a selection outline. From there, you can do one of two things...either get your move tool and hold the Alt key so it shows two small arrows overlapping and move the cutout to another image, or you can go to Select > Inverse and delete the background. Hope this helps.

Now for the "cutting out" process...no, not freehand. What you want to do is use Quick Mask (there is a button there...PM me and I can walk you through it). Basically what you do is fill the pic with paint (it'll show up as a red screen) and erase what you want to show up. You'll want to zoom in to make sure you have it outlined just right. After you're done, click on the regular edit button (can't remember the name of that...Normal Mode I think), and it'll be back in normal mode, with your pic having a selection outline. From there, you can do one of two things...either get your move tool and hold the Alt key so it shows two small arrows overlapping and move the cutout to another image, or you can go to Select > Inverse and delete the background. Hope this helps.

do you have a link to more info on this? Sounds quicker than what I've been doing

edit

I found some links

http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/extra/blrbps_2fwks.htm

Dude, thank you so much for that link. All five of those are going to be extremely useful to me down the road. What I posted wasn't anything I got from a website...just something a friend showed me, and I took off from there.

Good work on the Larkin screen. Is he retiring at the end of the year? If so, it'll be a sad day...

Archived