Updated names file released

MarkB

Contains a pile of new names for your players. The game generates new players for the free agent list, and new names for those players, each time it loads and finds less than the maximum amount of players in the free agent list, so unless you like seeing lots of basic names or names of already existing players (ever gotten excited/confused to see A. Rodriguez in the free Agent list, only to click him and find out it's Andres Rodriguez?), then you might want to grab this.

From the readme file;

Mark B's custom names file

====================

This file contains the names that MVP Baseball 2005 uses when generating players for the game. I've spent some time adding some new names into the file so that you get a more varied player base for your free agents and draft picks in future years. I've included a lot more international names such as Japanese and Arabic names, as there was a rather drastic shortcoming in EA's list. Every name that I've added to this file actually exists, and there are no stupid names included. I've also included a lot of new names that don't feature in the default file. Basically, the only way to know if you'll like it or not is to try it, because I've added so many names that even I've lost track!

I'll probably be adding more names and updating this file, so keep your eyes open for new versions.

If you have any problems with this mod, please contact me on MVPMods.com.

Enjoy,

Mark B.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

As far as I'm aware, there is no official restriction on Arabs becoming baseball players. :) There aren't too many, don't worry. It's extremely unlikely you'll be in your 2009 season and all your draft picks are Arab.

As far as I'm aware, there is no official restriction on Arabs becoming baseball players. :) There aren't too many, don't worry. It's extremely unlikely you'll be in your 2009 season and all your draft picks are Arab.

LOL... that's not what I meant. I am just saying that if you want realism you don't find Arabic names in ML baseball. Perhaps in a few years that will change, but as far as now, you find Japanese players, so that makes sense for realism.

I can think of one Arabian name off the top of my head -- Khalil Greene. Not exactly too Arabian-looking himself, but definitely an Arabian name.

EDIT: And if reality were really a concern, he'd have to prep in advance for names like Ambiorix or Runelvys.

--Eric

I can think of one Arabian name off the top of my head -- Khalil Greene. Not exactly too Arabian-looking himself, but definitely an Arabian name.

EDIT: And if reality were really a concern, he'd have to prep in advance for names like Ambiorix or Runelvys.

--Eric

You're right. I assumed it was last names that he did. If it is first names then what you are saying is actually more. There is Ismael Valdez

• 6 months later...

Archived