uniform difference

mcoll

everyone been making grate stuff including uniforms, but do have a question. what's the what defines the differance between a standard uniform and a 2X made uniform. i'm about to submit a few ai've done, but am curious now that i've gotton into doing these.

i cant tell the difference one bit, but its because im on a highend pc.

i dont really download much of the 2x uniforms, except umachines because those are really 2x. The way he does them are the only difference i've noticed. Those are 2x.

in my opinion, increasing the file size to 256x256 doesn't necessarily mean it's 2x quality. It probably makes a difference on low-end pcs, but i sure cant tell the difference between most of the 2x's and im on a geforce 5700 ultra 128mb(birthday gift :) )

Download umachines 2x packages--check them out, the way he does the vectors(this is me trying to use graphic lingo)...

You're telling me you see no difference between the default EA uniforms and the 2x uniforms? I don't think it really matters how 'high end' your computer is, it can only display the uniforms at the best quality they were made, and with the default uniforms, it's pretty bad.

i'm not trying to start a fight. from the stand point of these being made, what i'm asking is what the diffence between 2X and the standard moded uniforms.

maybe it didn't phrase my question the right way. if didn't you thought i meant it differnetly my apolizes.

i know the stock ones are bad and why a lot of are creating moded ones like i am.

I wasn't trying to start a fight :)

I was actually just really surprised, REALLY surprised, with Fuzz One's response. As I have a brand new computer, and the default uni's look gross, while the 2X are smoooooth.

he is wrong. there is a huge difference. umachines way to do them are much better because they do not slow down your machine. I have a high end cpu, but the 2x made by turn2 will still slow down and give my choppy graphics if both teams are using them. with umachines methods, there is no problems. i believe that all of the uni's should be made with umachines method.

Well, it's not that Umachines is right and others are wrong. Umachines are just less 'power intensive' meaning they don't use as much resources, ya know.

I for one love the 'other' style of 2X, or maybe it should be called 4X, or whatever. They look sweet, and my computer runs them fine.

To each their own!

Archived