Comprehensive minors

IamTheMick7

Jeez K-Man, relaxed... I think exactly the same way as you... but your attitude is very... well... :roll:... relax bro... it's just not worth it.

agreed.

but nonetheless, what hes saying about prospects is absolute nonsense

Gforce- You must not know baseball all that well because most guys in AA are fast tracked. Unless you see a guy who is over 27-28 then he is probably one of the top prospects.

LOL!!! I'm sorry, but this is just such a mindbogglingly stupid thing you just said I just have to respond. So a 26 year old at AA (where the average age is about 23-24) is "fast tracked". Although your whole point is shot right there, let's take a further look...

Trenton Thunder:

1B: Aaron Rifkin (25 years old): Well, he's not 27-28, so he must be on the fast track, right? Wait, you mean this is his THIRD year in AA? Hmmm...not such a fast track it seems. Oh wait, he's in TotalMinors anyway. Another strike against you, but we'll give you a couple more chances since I'm a hell of a sport about this kind of thing.

2B: Robinson Cano (21): One of the top Yankees prospects and, shock of shocks...he's in TotalMinors too. You're not doing too well here, Sparky.

3B: J.T. Stotts (24): A lower-ranked prospect according to Baseball America (who I'm sure you know more than as well). But he and his .233 average are fast tracked as well, right? But, despite those issues, HE's in TotalMinors too.

SS: Ferdin Tejada (21)/Teuris Olivares(26): Tejada, one of the Yanks top prospects, started the year as Trenton's shortstop. And, shock of shocks, he's in TotalMinors as well. Ah, but here you go...you finally get one that may look ok. Olivares is not in the set and, since he's not 27 yet he must be on your "fast track". Hmmmm...wait, he's only playing now because Tejada was sent down after a rough start (understandable since he's young for the league...see, he actually WAS fast tracked). But no, you say Olivares is fast tracked on that road to the Bronx. But he apparently missed the exit, since this is now this FOURTH year at AA. And you, Mr. Mick, have struck out in embarrassing fashion.

If you care to step to the plate again, feel free. I'm sure with your vast baseball knowledge and my apparent lack thereof, this instance of me humilating you was just a fluke.

Moron.

GH

First off, to GForce. I think there is a lot of confusion and misinterpretation of what this was about. I didnt realize how you had set up your system with prospects. I still however, want to redo some of the rosters. Simply because thats the way I want my game to play. I never said TM was bad and if I did, then I'm sorry because it isnt. You and I have differnent philosophies on teh game and thats fine too. I dont dislike you or TM and I havent been trying to disrespect you. You put a lot of work into your system which is great and I respect what you ahve done. Thanks.

Kama said:

"1.. Gee great tip, "if you want pics, go to the team website". Wow, thanks for the cool inside info..."

I Say: Screw you buddy. People arent updating the minor league teams that much and I have heard a couple requests on where to find pics of the players. It was just an idea that I threw out. Grow some nuts and then grow up.

Kama Said:

"2. Telling someone who designed rosters you are copying and "updating" and using etc.. that "he don't know much about baseball" is just f.ucking ignorant and pretentious."

I say: Look up top and read about how I SAID BEFORE that i respect what GF has done and I think its great that he put so much work into the game for everyone else. However we have differnent baseball ideologies. Its not ignorant or pretentious. What i said was somewhat out of line but if disagreeing with someone is ignorant... than YOU sir are a Jackass.

Kama said:

"3. Everyone over 27-28 is a top prospect? And you were saying G-force doesn't know much about baseball? "

I Say: You misunderstood the statement and then flamed me on it. Which makes you the ***. If it doesnt make sense then READ IT AGAIN. And if it STILL doesnt make sense and is the authors fault, then TRY and THINK(i know its hard for you) about what he is TRYING to say. Maybe I didnt make it clear enough for you.

Kama Said:

"This is why I barely visit this forum anymore. Every 12 year old who just downloaded the game and his moma thinks every stupid little thought that pops in his head is worth a post.

Same thing for all the dumbass questions of late.. "

I say: Its fine with me that you dont visit. Im 17 not 12 and I was throwing my ideas out there. Thats how it works. As for you insinuating that I dont know the game, I think its funny how you dont play pro ball and you havent been signed by a team. Until I see YOU with a contract to play, dont give me any crap about not knowing the game. I didnt flame you when you posted your harrisburg senators crap. Newsflash its the EXPOS FARM TEAM. NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE EXPOS. As for the dumbass questions... Your an assh*le about things like that then. Not everybody is technically inclined and not every readme is very clear. So whats wrong with asking a question? Im sorry... maybe THAT was a dumbass question.

Kama Said:

"Yeah, take a shot at the guy who has already improved the game for so many, and you say you don't want to get into a fight.. please. "

I say: I didnt take a shot and say "GFORCE REALLY REALLY F'ed up on his program so Im gunna fix it. " I said that i think it has some problems, which he has explained to me and I can understand why they are there now. I didnt want to get into a fight but now im itching for one. So bring the fight on.

Kama said:

PS: You are NOT the mick (stupid)

I Say: You didnt write the kamasutra, you cant do half the S*it in the Kamasutra and you cant even lift the damn kamasutra. (stupid)

Dont call someone stupid for the name they pick to use on a WEBSITE. I happen to think Mickey is hte best ballplayer ever. I also wear 7. Big DEAL. Whats your name for? Your love of masturbation to the pictures?

Stop complaining and shut up.

Everyone else: I think my argument about prospects was completely misunderstood and just for a clarification: Many top players are fast-tracked through the minors. Case in point- Roger Clemens, Zach Greinke etc. Most of them dont spend much time in AA. But if you look to statistics, thats where they spend the most time.

-Clemens debuted in 1984 after being drafted in 1983.

-Greinke debuted in 2004, after playing only 2 years in the Minors. With (A) wilmington and AA Witchita.

-Nomar Garciaparra- Drafted in 1994. Debuted in 1996.

-Derek Jeter- Drafted in 1992. Played 2 years of A Ball. And then another year of A,AA, and AAA ball before being called up in 1995.

Those are 4 people who were fast tracked through the minors. Just 4 and jeter was the worst example. Now would you all be so kind as to get off my f'ing back?

Thank you kindly

First off, to GForce. I think there is a lot of confusion and misinterpretation of what this was about. I didnt realize how you had set up your system with prospects. I still however, want to redo some of the rosters. Simply because thats the way I want my game to play. I never said TM was bad and if I did, then I'm sorry because it isnt. You and I have differnent philosophies on teh game and thats fine too. I dont dislike you or TM and I havent been trying to disrespect you. You put a lot of work into your system which is great and I respect what you ahve done. Thanks.

You say you haven't been trying to disrespect me, but you come on here and tell me I don't know much about baseball? Kid, I've forgotten more about baseball than you'll likely ever know, so for you to say that to me, it was completely warranted for me to put you in your place, which is what I did. Learn just a BIT of respect...it'll go a long way, and not just on a message board.

GH

I think its funny how you dont play pro ball and you havent been signed by a team. Until I see YOU with a contract to play, dont give me any crap about not knowing the game.

So you think you have to be signed by a pro team to know something about baseball. I'd say that there are many people on this forum that know more about ball than the pro players do.

There is no reason for all of this disrespect:

1) Whether you meant to or not you DID disrespect GF and all of his work.

2) Kama has proved himself and contributed to this community. He is a bit angry about various things right now, but he has the earned the right to speak his mind.

I agree that you have the right to change TM to match your personal tastes, but they are just that - your personal tastes. If you want to change them, that's fine, but don't come on here and make it sound as if GF doesn't know what he's doing b/c he didn't do it that way.

Be grateful that you've been given so much by so many great modders - including Kama and GF.

Like I said, if I did disrespect GForce then I apologize. So drop it. And you have to have a lot of knowledge to play proball. Its all about situations etc. Plus I watch about 3 games a day. Dont tell me I dont know anything about the game. Look to the original post and re-read it. Its really not that offensive. As for Kama- I dont care what his deal is. He flamed me for no reason. He blew things out of proportion and misrepresented the situation.

I say: Its fine with me that you dont visit. Im 17 not 12 and I was throwing my ideas out there. Thats how it works. As for you insinuating that I dont know the game, I think its funny how you dont play pro ball and you havent been signed by a team. Until I see YOU with a contract to play, dont give me any crap about not knowing the game. I didnt flame you when you posted your harrisburg senators crap. Newsflash its the EXPOS FARM TEAM. NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE EXPOS. As for the dumbass questions... Your an assh*le about things like that then. Not everybody is technically inclined and not every readme is very clear. So whats wrong with asking a question? Im sorry... maybe THAT was a dumbass question.

One word comes to mind after reading this: Huh?

This board is getting out of hand. I'm a newbie here myself, so I don't have much room to talk, but why is everyone so damn ready to pick fights? For whatever reason, it seems to be very difficult to get help from any of the "we were here first"s, and now it's about the ego of the modders (generalized statement). The point of the mods is to play the game the way we want to play it. The point of the community is to that the people that know how to mod can share with the people who don't know how. Yes, lots of time and effort goes into many of these mods, and yes, appreciation should be in place. But arrogance should not.

Personally, I disagree with the way Mick handled the situation, as well. The "you must not know much about baseball" was definitely out of line. But he apologized for that, and stessed that no malicious intent was in his words. Fine then, I say. I love TOTALMINORS, and with very minor tweaking I can get the rosters just as I like them. I'm glad players like Felix Pie, and Andy Sisco who are A ball players, but very top Cubs prospects are in the rosters. I'd much rather have them then a filler spot. And I'll leave them there for a couple years in my Dynasty, and they'll come up just as they should. However, they technically are NOT accurate rosters. Regardless of the practicality of making them as such.

How absurd to assume that deviance of this method is inadmissible, when someone wants precisely accurate rosters. Again, what is the purpose of the mods? Yes, his approach was wrong. Yes, his words were childish. His intent was not. He apologized.

Let me again say that I love TOTALMINORS, as is. And I greatly appreciate them, GForce. And I'm not meaning to disrespect any individual, nor their ways, but why is the aura of this place so asinine.

I'm not here to pick a fight, just for a small clarification.

Mick, first you said if you haven't signed a contract to play ball, you know nothing about baseball. That is absurd. Then a guy explained that it is absurd. You then stated that you have to know baseball to play pro ball. Sure, that's a given. But that wasn't what the guy had said.

He was saying people don't have to sign a pro contract to have knowledge of the game. I have a vast knowledge of the game and i'm sure I'll never sign a pro contract. He didn't say anyone who has a pro contracts doesn't know baseball.

Also, if you're planning on making modifications to GForce's roster, I wouldn't recommend releasing it to the public, at least without his permission. And after telling him he doesn't know much about baseball, he'd have to be a very forgiving sort to allow you to.

Archived