Early '60s Classic Roster Set - Uploaded

stecropper

Early '60s Classic Roster Set Version 1.0

First my sincere appreciation goes to Robert Glass for his spectacular program "MVPEdit". Without it these Classic Rosters would have never been completed.

Also to the many other Modders who's contributions really make these Classic Rosters seem to come to Life. Those include the talented works of fuzZ, cartersyard, sandman and so many others.

My special "Thanks" is also extended to AlexTonyS who's support and encouragement provided that needed boast for me to continue this laborious task.

This Early '60s Classic Roster Set contains:

60 PIT Pirates..............61 NYY Yankees

61 CIN Reds................61 DET Tigers

61 MLW Braves............61 CLV Indians

62 SFG Giants..............61 WAS Senators (Tampa Bay)

62 NYM Mets................62 LAA Angels

63 LAD Dodgers...........62 BOS Red Sox

64 STL Cardinals..........63 CWS White Sox

64 PHL Phillies..............63 MIN Twins

64 CUB Cubs................64 BAL Orioles

64 HOU Colt.45s...........64 KCA Athletics

70 SDP Padres.............72 KCR Royals

70 MON Expos..............74 TEX Rangers

70 MIL Brewers............XX SEA Mariners

XX ARZ Diamondbacks..XX TOR Blue Jays

XX COL Rockies

*** The "XX" Teams Rosters consist of Players from the Early '60s that were either not primary players on the above selected Teams or were players on other Teams during the Early '60s and are not represented in the above selected Teams. The SDP, MON, MIL, KCR, & TEX Teams are represented with their earliest selected Team closest to the Early '60s

era.

Every Player on each Teams rosters are represented. Those that aren't in the Majors are in that Teams AAA Affiliate. The "XX" Teams also have players in their AAA.

INSTALLATION:

Two Roster files are being provided. One .sav file for use directly with MVP Baseball 2004 & One .mbe file for use directly with MVPEdit.

FUTURES:

Faces are finished in this Roster Ser for Montreal; New York Mets; Cincinnati & Pittsburgh. Many other faces are set and scattered throughout this Roster Set. These are not the players actual faces but rather those faces available in the game that most closely represent that

particular player. V2.0 will have all Players faces set.

These Rosters (V1.0) are being released prior to all faces being set because some users of these Rosters may perfer not having faces assigned from existing faces available in the game and perfer the use of only the default 15 faces.

V2.0 will also incorporate suggested changes for any of you that are willing to provide any suggestions on how this Roster Set can be improved.

I very much would appreciate any and all, no matter how slight, suggestions from you on things that should be considered for change. Things such as a particular players Batting Stance, Pitchers Delivery, Number, Hair Color, Body Style, Assesories, Pitch Type etc... If you know

about an individual player and how he should look in this game please let me know. My desire is to make every player as close to his real life image as possible and can only improve if you are willing to share your insight with me.

Take Care,

Don Cropper

New Orleans, LA

stecropper@aol.com

Hey fuzZ,

If you don't mind me calling you FuzZ then I guess I shouldn't complain about you calling me Donny. And YES !!! I am a full fledged Tobasco Sauce drinkin' Louisiana Man !!!

A bottle of Tobasco, pack of Saltine Crackers & a BIG *** BEER is my idea of a complete meal !!! Add'n sum of dem dare Crawfish and Man we got a feast comin' bout' !!! That is really Passin' a Good Time Yea Man !!!!

Hot, Spicy & Wet ............ kinda da stuff I Luv !!!!

Take Care,

Cropper

Sandman,

Thanks! But I think I owe you more "Thanks" because your great Classic Uniforms really make me think I have died and ended up in "IOWA" - Right smack dab in the middle of my own "Field of Dreams"!!!!

Thanks Sandy ...... Sincerely THANKS !!!

Don

stecropper....a.k.a...Don

You really outdid yourself on this one.....Great stuff!

Now...All you have to do is keep an eye on me to make sure I don't once again screw-up rosters when I use MVPedit... :)

tks & computers....A dangerous combination ! ! !

1961 reds pitchers as listed in

The Neyer / James Guide to Pitchers

SP *Jim O'Toole

fastball, slider, overhand curve, 3/4 curve/change

SP Joey Jay

slow curve, fastball, change, slider

SP Bob Purkey

knuckleball, fastball, slider, straight change, slow curve, sinker

SP Ken Hunt

no listing

SP Ken Johnson

knucleball, fastball, slider