Oh, oh...Possible program conflict perhaps!

tks

Don't mean to set off a false alarm but there may be a possible program conflict...or else I'm doing something wrong.

I've been adding cyberfaces using BigGui....everything works fine.

I'm also using MVPstudio to load uniforms...everything works fine.

After finishing with MVPstudio...I copied "uniforms.big" back into "frontend" and then "models.big" back into the "data" folder.

However, I just noticed (after loading 1960 Pittsburgh uniforms ) that when I went to copy the "model.big" file from MVPstudio into MVP2004/data, the copy message said I was replacing a 156MB file (already in MVP2004) with a 146MB file (which was the "models.big" file in MVPstudio).

In other words, I was replacing a larger file with a smaller file......which certainly didn't seem logical.

Afterward, I opened MVP2004 to see what might have happened.

The result?....

...The 1960 Pittsburgh uni was there as it should be....but....all the cyberfaces I had previously loaded (also in "models.big") were no longer in the game.

It could well be possible I am doing something wrong but it appears that when updating "models.big" after using MVPstudio, it reverts player's faces to the original default faces.

Fortunately once I saw I was going to replace the larger file with a smaller file, I made a copy of the larger file just for safety sake.

Can anyone explain if I did something wrong or could it possibly be a program conflict?

Call off the dogs!...

I figured it out myownself!

I did not have the latest up-to-date "models.big" file in MVPstudio.

I had not added unis for a while and in the meantime I had added quite a few cyberfaces.

Once I updated "models.big" in MVPstudio and then added the Pirates '60 unis, everything went just fine....as it was intended to do.

Sorry for the "false alarm" but fortunately no one responded....so...no harm, no foul!

And don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

This is actually a quite common issue, I've noticed. There are at least three or four threads regarding this, all with the same "problem". I'm even guilty of unintentionally overwriting stuff I didn't add with Studio :oops:

I think someone needs to come up with a FAQ for issues like this and others you see in the boards fairly often, and sticky it, especially for any noobs.

THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT USING UP TO DATE FILES WITH THE STUDIO!!!

kidding..

studio 1.6 is going to knock your socks off!! OFF DAMN IT!!

AND YOUR NOT GOING TO PUT THEM BACK ON!

I will wait with bated breath!..

BTW...I'm curious.... Just how does one bate one's breath???

[Q] From Steve Gearhart: “Where does the term baited breath come from, as in: ‘I am waiting with baited breath for your answer’?”

[A] The correct spelling is actually bated breath but it’s so common these days to see it written as baited breath that there’s every chance it will soon become the usual form, to the disgust of conservative speakers and the confusion of dictionary writers. Examples in newspapers and magazines are legion; this one appeared in the Daily Mirror on 12 April 2003: “She hasn’t responded yet but Michael is waiting with baited breath”.

It’s easy to mock, but there’s a real problem here. Bated and baited sound the same and we no longer use bated (let alone the verb to bate), outside this one set phrase, which has become an idiom. Confusion is almost inevitable. Bated here is a contraction of abated through loss of the first vowel (a process called aphesis); it has the meaning “reduced, lessened, lowered in force”. So bated breath refers to a state in which you almost stop breathing through terror, awe, extreme anticipation, or anxiety.

Shakespeare is the first writer known to use it, in The Merchant of Venice: “Shall I bend low and, in a bondman’s key, / With bated breath and whisp’ring humbleness, / Say this ...”. Nearly three centuries later, Mark Twain employed it in Tom Sawyer: “Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale”.

For those who know the older spelling or who stop to consider the matter, baited breath evokes an incongruous image, which Geoffrey Taylor captured in verse in his poem Cruel Clever Cat:

Sally, having swallowed cheese,

Directs down holes the scented breeze,

Enticing thus with baited breath

Nice mice to an untimely death. [i’m indebted to Rainer Thonnes for telling me about this little ditty, which appears in an anthology called Catscript, edited by Marie Angel. However, it was first published in 1933 in a limited edition of Geoffrey Taylor’s poems entitled A Dash of Garlic. The baited breath spelling is clearly not that new.]

you said u were curious.

Archived