Need Total Classics #3 on CD

RedBird

I have dial-up and I haven't had any luck downlaoding Total Classics #3 (199 mb). Is there anyone that can burn a copy and mail it out to me. I would obviously pay you for shipping and a few dollars for your trouble. I'm dying to play with the Total Classics but with at 199mb and dial-up, I keep getting errors and thown out of the download. Thanks in advance.

Redbird,

Send me a cd-r or rw, cd protective case, self addressed stamped envelope that can contain the case and I will be more than happy to burn TC3 onto it and send it back to you. I would probably wait until end of October when TC4 arrives but I will do this again for you then as well if you would like. PM me and I will provide you my mailing address.

Take Care,

Don

What will TC 4 have in it,as opposed to TC 3 ?

TC4 will have the following:

- More portraits (over 250 new ones added so far)

- More audios

- All rosters expanded to 25 players

- Corrected pitch types, pitch trajectories, etc.

- Corrected player attributes

TC4 will have the following:

- More portraits (over 250 new ones added so far)

- More audios

- All rosters expanded to 25 players

- Corrected pitch types, pitch trajectories, etc.

- Corrected player attributes

Is this a whole new dowload or a upgrade package

250 portaits at 60k would be 15 meg

rosters are like 5 meg

Audio should be around 10-15meg

that is like 35 meg then when you compress the files using uha you are looking at 10-20 meg

so will people need to download 200+ meg or 15meg

if you are doing an upgrade RedBird PM me your address and I'll mail it out, I have a boat load of CDs and CD mailers

Is this a whole new dowload or a upgrade package

250 portaits at 60k would be 15 meg

rosters are like 5 meg

Audio should be around 10-15meg

that is like 35 meg then when you compress the files using uha you are looking at 10-20 meg

so will people need to download 200+ meg or 15meg

if you are doing an upgrade RedBird PM me your address and I'll mail it out, I have a boat load of CDs and CD mailers

This would have to be a whole new download. Regarding the portraits, we're not going to simply download the 250 new portraits. We'll want to supply a new portrait.big file that includes the 250 new portraits (i.e. we don't want people to have to add the new portraits to their portrait.big file).

The same thing goes for the rosters and audio files. Packaging everything together is easier than putting out a patch that has to be manually installed.

it does not have to be manually installed, look at Hory's work he has an audio installer and a portrait installer. I would think Fuzz could make an installer to do the same thing.

it just seams like an awfull waste of bandwidth

That may be true, however, having one installer is easier than having multiple installers. Having one installer means that everything is installed at the same time.

Every time you add a new installer, it increases the number of problems that will be reported. For example, If new faces are not installed properly(and I forgot that there will be new ones in TC4), the game will crash when the new rosters try to use them. The goal here is to make thinks simpler, and thus less error prone, not more complex.

I'm sure that Fuzz could come up with a new installer (and I don't want to speak for him), however, why should he if he's already got one that works and has been thoroughly tested? If no additional new files are added (e.g. stadiums), The TC3 installer can become the TC4 installer without having to make any changes to the installer at all, since all the updated files (models.big, uniforms.big, portrait.big, roster files, audio files, etc.) use standard names will have the same names as those files installed with TC3.

In addtion, if you have an installer for TC4 that is different than the one used for TC3, then it means that you are now requiring people who haven't downloaded TC3 yet to download both TC3 AND TC4 in order to use TC4. This means that these new users have to use MORE bandwidth and not less.

By keeping the TC4 installer the same as the one used in TC3, new TC users can simply download TC4 and get all the features and functionality of all 4 TC releases in one download and one installation.

Archived