Classic Yankee Rosters

Dblock905

OK, I have been playing MVP 2004 and 2005... Love it.. I have downloaded rosters before... however, if you look at lets say.. the 1978, 1996,98 2000 yankee team packeges, its a rar file, and I have no clue what the steps are to get it to work in the game. Here is an example of the one of the team packages I am interested in...

http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=841.html

If someone can please give me step by step instructions on how to get these working in the game, I would be really appreciative. IF there are any links to downloads of programs I need, can you post those too please. Thanks in advance..

-Dave

Dave,

Is it that you are unable to unzip a .rar file type? If so then you should go and find where you can download the program winrar which has a demo version that will allow you to unzip a .rar file type. I would do a search on yahoo/google for "Winrar" to locate a site to download it from. Then the instructions for using those team packages should be contained within.

Otherwise if is something else you need help with please let me know and I will glad to try and give you a hand.

Take Care,

Don

Hi Dave,

Ok, I downloaded the link you used as an example above so I could see what the modder had provided you to install his team package. As it looks this is a 2004 MVP Team Package with instructions on how to install using FuzZ's MVP Studio 1.8 Mod.

The instructions state in the .txt file:

This package is to be installed using MVP Studio 1.8 and up.

Please refer to the readme file for further assistance.

The short version is:

-Open up Create-a-Team 1.8

-select INSTALLING A MODDERS PACKAGE

-select the MET FILE

-select the Logos Folder

-Select the Portraits FSH FOLDER

-click VIEW MET FILE and choose a team to apply the MET FILE to.

-Click on Create MVP DAT FILES

-click on "APPLY PORTRAITS TO MODDED FILES"

-Click on Create Logos

-Import To game Directory.

This looks like it is built to install a .met file which is an individual Team Roster that is used with the MVPEdit Mod. Unfortunately you would need the older MVPEdit Mod Version since I do not think those .met files created then are capatible with the current version of MVPEdit. This also installs Logos & Portraits via MVPStudio.

Those above step by step instructions are easy to follow if you are using the proper version of MVPStudio along with MVP 2004 Baseball game. I am not certain if you would absolutely need the older proper version of MVPEdit installed on your system or if MVPStudio can use the .met file without MVPEdit installed on your system.

Using this type of Team Packages with MVP 2005 would require significant changes. In that, the Logos & Portraits aren't the same (non compatible) in MVP 2005 as MVP 2004.

Don't think this is what you wanted to hear if you are trying to install it into MVP 2005 Baseball but if you are trying to install it into MVP 2004 Baseball then having and using the right other Mods should solve your problem.

Hi Dave,

Those Yankee Teams plus several others are all in Total Classics 3. The rosters would be fairly easy to extract from TC3 and import to your 2005 game. The portraits, Logos and audio would be a bit more difficult to move to 2005 but the portraits and logos would be a bit easier than the audio part.

This is lingo that I have no clue about... Can you explain this to me? Total Classics 3, and how does it work, where can i download it.. Link if possible.... Thanks again guys, your helping out.

Dblock - Total Classics is a project that replaces all of the teams in MVP2005 (MLB, AAA, AA, A) with 120 classic teams that span almost 100 years of baseball history (1906 Cubs to the 2001 Diamondbacks). Most of the classic players have portraits and many of them have audios (i.e. you will hear their names announced). If you're a fan of classic baseball, you will like this package.

In this thread, I give detailed instructions on how to install Total Classics 3 after downloading the .rar file:

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=15049.html

You can download Total Classics 3 here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...details&id=2546

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Archived