Total Portrait Set for Total Minors

Hory

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if I started a dynasty with TotalMinors v2, then updating the portraits in that dynasty would be pretty easy with v3 + Hory's portaits, eh? This is great if that's the case. I'm assuming MVPEdit is needed? (or would we be importing them via BIGUI or whatever?)

Forgive my ignorance.. :)

Hory, thx for the hardwork. I don't think anyone expected a job of that size to be taken on almost entirely by one person (if at all.)

Ok, you can use this set two ways,

you can install GForce22's Total Minors V3 which will come with the set which will have a unique ID # assigned for every player, so even if the player doesn't actually have a portrait in the set he will have a player ID assigned, if you start a dynasty with these rosters and a later update does have a portrait of him then it will show up in your dynasty.

The other way of using this set is editing your own roster with MVPedit using the lists that come with each team, obviously this takes a lot longer, but if you don't want to overwrite your current rosters you have no choice.

To install all the portraits you will have to use EA Graphics Editor, which is pretty easy to use really, I don't really want to use the bat file/gfxpak metod since it would take forever to write the bat file and I don't trust gfxpak to work properly when you have over 3000 fsh files in a .big archive.

snake eyez - in your case if you used this update, in your TM v2 dynasty only those players which had a id assigned when you started your dynasty would have a picture show up, and i'd guestimate about 25-35% of them wouldn't have an id - so therefore no portrait :(

cool thanks for that,

quality's not that bad, and to be honest i'm not overly concerned about quality at this point, I'd rather put effort into collecting as many as possible, and then worry about the quality when the set is complete.

Thanks, I just better clarify in case anyone cries, these are aren't all 'my' portraits as such, here's a list of all the people who's portraits I've used (as far I know) or have contributed photos to this project

Boricuapapi1885

BP10 (same person?)

BravesPost86

Cris987

Devil24

Fastballfreddy

Halofan

Hory

jpup

Kane623

Karmasutra

KOOL

krawhitham

LeVeRRe

Pirate

Puckett34

RobMetal

Skitzo

Slick G

Sosa21

Survivant

TribeTime26

workingdogv1

voodoo-daddy

If your name is on this list and you don't want the MVPmods community to enjoy your work in this complete package, please let me know so I can go to Getty images and get the exact same photo and replace it with that. :)

Hory,

Here's the deal. I don't speak for every modder I'm sure but I think most will agree. We make mods for people to enjoy and use, that is not an issue. However, when you make comments such as "so no one cries" and "go find the same pic and replace it" etc. you come off sounding very patronizing and antagonistic. Not sure if this is your intent.

All modders ask is that they are credited for their work. Having made photo mods yourself, you know it is not as simple as finding and adding a pic. You have to spend a great deal of time editting it, then converting it to fsh, and for some of us writing .bat files and spreadsheets.

Feel free to use my photosets, but I will still continue to update each team with high quality, carefully and completely edged portraits as I would personally enjoy all of the pictures to look the same, have the same technique and feel. For those who aren't as self-proclaimed anal as me about it, enjoy this and thanks for taking the time to put this together.

All in all, goodluck with your endeavor, and let's try and get the bitterness and snide remarks out of this and try and make the best mods we ALL can for the community, as some people cannot mod and depend on this work. No point fighting, bickering and stepping on each others toes.

Cheers, LeVeRRe

dude, I don't want to get into an argument over nothing, but i'll just say i don't think making portraits is that difficult, say compared to oediting stadiums, rating entire rosters etc....

There is no question you and everyone else will be given credit for any portraits used in this set, in fact most of the time i have used your portraits whenever available, i appreciate the quality.

Anyway, how much % of the roster do you think you will be able to get a high quality portrait for? I've just found many of the Rookie AA players near impossible to get decent pictures for, at this point my personal preference is to have a crappy picture rather than no picture at all

If your name is on this list and you don't want the MVPmods community to enjoy your work in this complete package, please let me know so I can go to Getty images and get the exact same photo and replace it with that. :)

You have a very shitty attitude, you ask for something while at the same time you're are belittle what you are asking for.

one would think with your attitude ALL portrait modder should tell you NO

what you are doing is almost worthless, any body can just download all the portraits one by one and install them

It will only helps the lazy.

btw I did not get my photos for minor leaguers from getty.

what you are doing is almost worthless,

Thank you for those kind words of encouragement.

Now moving discussion back to the original reason for this thread,

As updated on page 1

Only 253 portraits missing now,

Seven teams are now 100% complete, four are missing one and 2 teams are missing 3 players.

Hey Hory, I don't think it's worthless. I'm one of those lazy people who doesn't want to go through and make sure all the player ID numbers are entered correctly. So while I can't speak for everyone, I can tell you that I am looking forward to putting your comprehensive portrait set into use. Keep up the good work!

Just checking...do you still need Daric Barton from the Cards? And have you posted a complete list of who you need? I might have some more of those draft picks on my hard drive. If you need the Barton, I'll upload it as soon as I get home (around 6:00 EDT, no idea what that is in NZ).

Oh, and I appreciate what you're doing. I could download all the dozens of sets out there or try to make my own, but with my work on my own roster set I don't have the time for either. Cheers!

Hory,

For my updates I include all of the high quality pictures I can find. I personally would rather no picture than one that is an eyesore, badly editted or simply bad quality. So if you use my pics, they won't be 100% complete, but those pics included will be as god quality as I can make them, although apparently it's no that hard........ explain this as I do feel to make portraits of the quality that people like myself, Devil and some others do is difficult. I don't just take a pic and use the paint bucket tool in the background. To get the edges and exclude a white border around the face, etc it takes a lot of precision editting, apporx 5 mins per pic. So, although I'm sure, you'll see this as me antagonizing you...... I'm simply letting you know that your comments were not appreciated, and although I share some of krawhitham's opinions, I will not and probably can not stop you from using my updates, as that is why i do them, for people to use and enjoy.

LeVeRRe

Sorry man, I didn't mean my comments regarding the difficulty or not of making portraits to be antagonistic, they were slightly tongue in cheek.

Anyway dude, I understand where you're coming from.

In the end we are both doing these mods for the same reason, for other people to use and enjoy and make MVP 2004 a bit better.

As you said, No point fighting, bickering and stepping on each others toes.

Archived