Total Portrait Set for Total Minors

Hory

I've gone through Gforce22's Total Minors v2 and added a unique audio id for every player in the roster (2160 total), I've then collected every portrait set I could find, renumbered a few, added a few of my own and so far I'm up to 1704 out of 2160. Every MLB player has a portrait, 655 out of 750 AAA and 299 out of 660 AA.

Toronto, Chicago Cubs and Atlanta are the only teams to have all 72 portraits for their organizations.

I'm not sure if I could upload this complete set on this site when it's closer to completion, as it's 48mb (compressed) so far and to stop the typical bitching and moaning I'd have to get permission from the makers of all the portrait sets I've cribbed most of the photos from (approx 15 different people). Of course portrait makers don't seek permission from Getty images to make their portraits - hyprocrisy is the greatest luxury.

It's probably not realistic to get a portrait for every player in Gforce's rosters, but for those that don't already know, as long as you have a player id entered before a dynasty is started you can always add a portrait of that player later.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gone through Gforce22's Total Minors v2 and added a unique audio id for every player in the roster (2160 total), I've then collected every portrait set I could find, renumbered a few, added a few of my own and so far I'm up to 1704 out of 2160. Every MLB player has a portrait, 655 out of 750 AAA and 299 out of 660 AA.

Toronto, Chicago Cubs and Atlanta are the only teams to have all 72 portraits for their organizations.

I'm not sure if I could upload this complete set on this site when it's closer to completion, as it's 48mb (compressed) so far and to stop the typical bitching and moaning I'd have to get permission from the makers of all the portrait sets I've cribbed most of the photos from (approx 15 different people). Of course portrait makers don't seek permission from Getty images to make their portraits - hyprocrisy is the greatest luxury.

It's probably not realistic to get a portrait for every player in Gforce's rosters, but for those that don't already know, as long as you have a player id entered before a dynasty is started you can always add a portrait of that player later.

FUKK this guy

Lets see how long it takes him to do 1704 portraits

Ok, now im up to 1931/2160 portraits, with V3 of Gforce22's Total Minors coming in a few days, I'll probably upload the first edition of this total portrait set once that final version of Total Minors is released. Realistically, I think I can get 99% of AAA complete within the next few days.

And NZCop17, as much as I hate the cards, I've nearly got all of them just missing from "AA"- Josh Axelson, Darick Barton, Jeremy Cummings, Cody Haerther, Calvin Hayes, Stuart Pomeranz, John Santor, Skip Schumaker, Brad Thompson.

So if anyone knows where colour pictures of any of these players are please let me know.

Below is the list of all the portraits that are MISSING, mostly AA.

NL East

ATL COMPLETE

FLA 19-AA

MON COMPLETE

NYM 1-AA RHP 23 yo Anderson Garcia

PHI COMPLETE

NL Central

CHC COMPLETE

CIN 7-AA

HOU 3-AA RHP Cliff Davis, SS Jason Leigh, 2B Alfredo Santana

MIL COMPLETE

PIT COMPLETE

STL 9-AA

NL West

ARI 1-AAA, 10-AA

COL 3-AAA, 22-AA

LA 1-AA RHP 19 yr old James McDonald

SD 17-AA

SF 21-AA

AL East

BAL 14-AA

BOS 8-AA

NYY 1-AA RHP 19 yr old Jason Stephens

TB 1-AA LHP 19 yr old Jon Barratt

TOR COMPLETE

AL Central

CWS 16-AA

CLE 14-AA

DET 13-AA

KC 3-AA 1B Kila Kaaihue RHP Kyle Middleton RHP Carlos Rosa

MIN 8-AA

AL West

ANA COMPLETE

OAK 21-AA

SEA 3-AA 3B Jeff Flaig, RHP Aaron Jensen, RHP Gustavo Martinez

TEX 2-AAA, 11-AA

Cheers Hory. I'll have a look for those fullas as well. How many days after the TM V3 release do you expect this to be out? keep up the good work.

p.s. I can understand your hatred towards the Cubs superior division rivals (World series wins since 1908, McGwire vs Sosa for 62, this year's division standings, the box for this game etc....) ;) sorry but I had to do a little rubbing in as good rivals do. :mrgreen:

go the All Blacks

to stop the typical bitching and moaning I'd have to get permission from the makers of all the portrait sets I've cribbed most of the photos from (approx 15 different people). Of course portrait makers don't seek permission from Getty images to make their portraits - hyprocrisy is the greatest luxury.

Dude, for starters... cut the attitude, got it?. That's not the best way to start a fan club around here... and by the way... if we, the portrait makers didn't get any permission from GettyImages.com or MLB.com, I'm sure you haven't got any permission either from EA to do this mod either, so, cut the crap... just chill out and enjoy the game.

Now, concerning the portraits... if you by any chance are using any of my sets (and I presume you're), you won't get any "bitching" or "moaning" from me... if it is for the enjoyment of the whole community, you and everybody else is free to use my work.

Regards,

D24

Dude, for starters... cut the attitude, got it?. That's not the best way to start a fan club around here... and by the way... if we, the portrait makers didn't get any permission from GettyImages.com or MLB.com, I'm sure you haven't got any permission either from EA to do this mod either, so, cut the crap... just chill out and enjoy the game.

Now, concerning the portraits... if you by any chance are using any of my sets (and I presume you're), you won't get any "bitching" or "moaning" from me... if it is for the enjoyment of the whole community, you and everybody else is free to use my work.

Dude, I agree with you, I apologise if I appeared overly abrasive, my point was that many many times I have seen game modding projects ruined by peoples egos and the resulting petty squabbles over nothing important, all I want to do here is compile everyone's portrait work together for the good of the community so they can enjoy the game more.

As for intial release it should be out the day or two after V3 comes out, just seems a little pointless to release a 50mb v2 based version now with V3 so close.

Hey Hory, regarding the Royals...I found several Wranglers portraits, so let me know who you don't have and I may be able to help.

I'm missing 10 Royals from AA, I think only a couple are on the wrangler's roster - Jonah Bayliss, Adam Donachie, Colt Griffin, Kila Kaaihue, Devon Lowery, Chris Lubanski, Mitch Maier, Kyle Middleton, Donald Murphy and Carlos Rosa.

who do you need for Chattanooga?

Heh, all of them apart from seven, here goes..

2184 Bobby Basham

8034 William Bergolla

8035 Tony Blanco

8037 Chad Durham

8039 Alex Farfan

8040 Rainer Feliz

8041 Richie Gardner

8042 Chris Gruler

8043 Jesse Gutierrez

8044 Kenny Lewis

8045 DJ Mattox

8046 Thomas Pauly

8047 Tyler Pelland

8049 Willy Jo Ronda

8050 Joey Votto

and the portrait i have of 1784-Kenny Kelly is the original EA one with him in a Mariners uniform, but thats not that important really.

By the way, the only New Zealander playing in the US major or minor leagues plays for the lookouts - Travis Wilson, unfortunately he's not good enough to make the Total Minors Roster. :(

Heh, all of them apart from seven, here goes..

2184 Bobby Basham

8034 William Bergolla

8035 Tony Blanco

8037 Chad Durham

8039 Alex Farfan

8040 Rainer Feliz

8041 Richie Gardner

8042 Chris Gruler

8043 Jesse Gutierrez

8044 Kenny Lewis

8045 DJ Mattox

8046 Thomas Pauly

8047 Tyler Pelland

8049 Willy Jo Ronda

8050 Joey Votto

and the portrait i have of 1784-Kenny Kelly is the original EA one with him in a Mariners uniform, but thats not that important really.

By the way, the only New Zealander playing in the US major or minor leagues plays for the lookouts - Travis Wilson, unfortunately he's not good enough to make the Total Minors Roster. :(

Mattox ph_430833.jpg

Bergolla ph_430596.jpg

Gardner1081432803.jpg

Pauly1081433075.jpg

Blanco1055860254.jpg

It's coming along quite nicely now, only 8 AAA portraits are missing, I've updated the list on the first page of this thread with a few more names of portraits needed and current totals.

It's up to 65mb (compressed) now, and the first edition of the set will probably be around 70mb, so would people prefer a single 70mb file? or 2 seperate 35mb files for AL and NL or split even smaller into divisions? (12-18mb each)

It's coming along quite nicely now, only 8 AAA portraits are missing, I've updated the list on the first page of this thread with a few more names of portraits needed and current totals.

It's up to 65mb (compressed) now, and the first edition of the set will probably be around 70mb, so would people prefer a single 70mb file? or 2 seperate 35mb files for AL and NL or split even smaller into divisions? (12-18mb each)

1 :!:

here's an updated Jung Bong the previous one had him in a braves uni.

it may be too small though, i just tried it, it looks ok at 128x128

407794.jpg

File size would probably be best if it was kept small as it could take some people with slow machines days to d/l 70 megs in one go.

I tried having a look for some of the guys you're missing but to no avail sorry. Best of luck to you.

You said you can still update portraits even for a dynasty that's already started?

How difficult is that to do?

thx

you have to make sure that the players are already given an id number before you start the dynasty whether there is a picture or not. Then you can update the id number in portraits whenever.

who are the Red Sox players you are missing, I might be able to get you some of those.

Missing 9 AA Redsox

7012 Dustin Brown

7013 Juan Cedeno

7014 Manny Delcarmen

7015 Mickey Hall

7029 Aneudis Mateo (aka Willy Corporan)

7020 Luis Mendoza

7021 David Murphy

7025 Luis Soto

7027 Beau Vaughan

Some of these guys are on the Sarasota Redsox but their website doesnt have many usable pictures.

Thanks for the pics jpup, only 7 reds left now.

Archived