help with gamepad problem on PC version please

sdmvp

UPDATE: Does anyone know how to set which button on a ps2 controller brings up the main menu? I only see defensive and offensive settings for the controller.

Okay, i just got the game (MVP BASEBALL 2005 PC version) a week ago and have been having some troubles with the gamepad.

I use a ps2 controller attached to a generic usb converter. Here is the dxdiag output.

-------------------

DirectInput Devices

-------------------

Device Name: Mouse

Attached: 1

Controller ID: n/a

Vendor/Product ID: n/a

FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard

Controller ID: n/a

Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: 4Axes 12Keys GamePad

Controller ID: 0x0

Vendor/Product ID: 0x0E8F, 0x1006

Device Name: 4Axes 12Keys GamePad

Controller ID: 0x1

Vendor/Product ID: 0x0E8F, 0x1006

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

Registry: OK

Now, I know the game says it doesn't support anything but the play.com usb converter but it has recognized mine and I have it almost setup to work as intended.

The only thing left to fix is that when the CPU hits he ball and I press the left joystick to move towards the ball, the pause menu will SOMETIMES come up. This usually ruins my timing and gives the CPU unearned hits.

One interesting thing i discovered is that the ps2 controller doesn't work unless I have the "analog" function turned on. Maybe that is causing a problem? Should it work fine with analog ogg?

Also, for MVP 2004 there was a forum somewhere with text file configurations for different USB converters that mapped the buttons to match the buttons to the ps2 version of the game. I have lost those forums and have tried for endless hours to find something similar for 2005. It seems like no one is interested in mapping the buttons to match the setup for the PS2 version of the game. Maybe the play.com gamepad converter just works magically?

Anyone have any ideas, or can point me to a forum that can help me with this?

Sorry, I skimmed what you said. This game supports the PSX to USB converter from Radio Shack extremely well if you want to go get that.

Does it go to the "pause" menu when pressing the joystick?

Did you have to change the presets to match how it works on a playstation (if you have played this game on playstation)?

I play this game on my PC and on a playstation 2 so I want to keep the controller setup the same.

Also, from my experience the PS2 controller is superior to PC gamepads.

I did try to set the controls myself but there are somethings that you cannot set. For instance R1 on the PC is the button for the menu that lets you warm up pitchers. Whereas on the PS2, it's under R2. I don't see anywhere any options for binding buttons to menus. I was hoping this would be some text file in the installation directory that I could edit.

Maybe, my original post is not clear enough, so I'm going to try to ask a simpler question.

Does anyone know how to set which button on a ps2 controller brings up the main menu? I only see defensive and offensive settings for the controller.

I found this post: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=...ller+setup.html

I'll see if that helps me any when i get home from work (I don't see any menu controls though).

Or can you point me to any websites/forums that may know the answer?

Archived