crashes at desktop

MrGravyard

If you verified all files were installed correctly, it is probably a memory issue - some of the modded ballparks crash my system too unless I have like 90% free system resources utilization rate and nothing else loaded.

C

when I try & start a game it just crashes.

I have installed it right so what is wrong?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

You aren't a newbie so you ought to know better than being so vague in your descriptions if you want help.

I would be glad to help, but please post the basics. Such as... Have you added any files to the game since you did the original install? Has the game ever worked & now stopped? Are you trying to play in dynasty mode or exhibition mode? Have you tried playing using many different teams or just 2 specifiic teams? Etc...

Shmooz, Your right.. Im sorry. anyhow its not the game its self.

When I install it it plays fine..

Its the classics 3 & 4 that is crashing...

1 & 2 worked fine. When I try & play an Exhibition game it crashes!!

When I sim in dynasty mode its fine..

I tried Home run durby& it still crashes...

Capa it seems to install good just like 1 & 2.

as for memory ram is 512 & hard drive is 120 gig.

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We still need more details....

When exactly does it crash (i.e. when you start up the game? After you select the teams? After selecting uniforms? After reviewing lineups? After selecting the park to play in?)?

Does it crash in every park you play in (i.e. have you tried different parks or do you always select the same one)?

Does it happen with every team you try to play as (i.e. have you tried different teams or always the same two)?

You say that you have 512 MB of memory. That's the physical memory installed on your PC. How much memory is free when the game is running (i.e. do you have a lot of other applications running in the background - e.g. virus checkers, spyware scanners, etc. that suck up memory)?

copy the files over manully from TC4 "LIB" folder

I have a problem if my original files are to large the installer will not install over them

for example my models.big was 380MEG the TC4 installer said it copied over the file but my original file were still in the MVP folder

it did install most files but not portraits.big and models.big

that would explain your crashing.

the TC4 roster is calling for a face that you do not have.

I will say IF I do a fresh install all files are installed using the TC4 installer

but it fails everytime I have my modded models.big and portrait.big files in the MVP folder

I know there is no rhyme or reason for it but that is what happens for me

• 1 month later...

Well here it is almost 2 months later, I have reinstalled cl-4 many times and still it wont work.. it Sims ok. but when I try & play a game boom it crashes.

My video card is junk a unichrome & Im about to get another one.

I have tried to shut off things for more memory.

what else can I do to get more memory? Im only getting about 60 % memory..

Thanks for all the help..

Archived