Updated Polo Grounds

paulw

ooooh, damn, it's the aristotle comment that hit below the belt. Plato i'm cool with, but Aristotle just annoys me to no end. Plus, after our pretty much perfect Yankee Stadium, I expect nothing less!

Honestly, old Fenway doesn't do all that much for me, apart from the mid-70s version. I think Fenway as it is now is easily the best it's ever been (except for the prices), but I truly detest the bleachers the way they are now. The vectorworks version I've created is a drastic improvement to me, as it is both classic and practical. Now I just need John Henry to give me $300 million to get it done.

SeanO:

Classic Fenway (the ideal form)

tcrown.jpg

Buck Printing Sign in Center, Old scoreboard in right, The Jimmy Fund, the screen, Three Monks sign - it's freakin' *BEAUTIFUL*

BTW - finished Polo tonight - will release tomorrow.

Yeah, I mean, it's funny that in spite of living and breathing the Red Sox, I'm not enthralled with old Fenway. To me, Fenway is intimately associated with when I was growing up, but even then the Yawkey Trust made it an unpleasant experience. Now, I can't wait to get back there.

It's an absolute travesty what happened to Yankee Stadium not only because it destroyed a beautiful park, but it used to be the perfect complement to Fenway. If you overlay the parks, only with one of them mirrored, it's actually surprising how similar they are. Death Valley is deeper than Right Center at Fenway, but right field at Yankee Stadium is so much easier to hit over than the Monster. It was a wonderful juxtaposition for all those years.

Glad Polo's coming out.

Archived