Negro Leagues: Possibly a WIP

fuzzone

Hey guys, i'd like to start getting a few negro league teams in the mix. I'm willing to create logos and roster met files as long as someone helps me out with the players.

I dont know what i'll do about uniforms.

I just want to make one team to see how it works out. If anyone's down to help, let me know. I was thinking of teams like

The Saint Louis Stars or The New York Cubans? New York Blank Yankees? Balitomore Black Sox? Just to name a few.

Hell I'll even do that team with james earl jones and those other guys who stole the red car in that movie from the 70's or 80's. dont know what it's called.

Atlanta Black Crackers Austin Black Senators

Baltimore Black Sox Baltimore Elite Giants

Birmingham Black Barons Brooklyn Royal Giants

Chicago American Giants Cincinnati Tigers

Cleveland Buckeyes Cleveland Cubs

Cuban Stars - East Dayton Marcos

Detroit Stars Homestead Grays

Indianapolis ABCs Indianapolis Clowns

Kansas City Monarchs Memphis Red Sox

New York Black Yankees New York Cubans

Newark Eagles Philadelphia Stars

Pittsburgh Crawfords St. Louis Stars

Are you concentrating on the early 1940s period?

I'd suggest Homestead Grays, KC Monarchs and Pittsburgh Crawfords.

As well as the NY Cubans because their home park the Polo Grounds is already in the game, same with the NY Black Yankees, although they were one of the worst teams in negro league baseball at the time.

My favourite team name has to be "Baltimore Elite Giants"

In The Hall of Fame

Satchel Paige (1971)

Josh Gibson (1972)

Buck Leonard (1972)

Monte Irvin (1973)

Cool Papa Bell (1974)

Judy Johnson (1975)

Oscar Charleston (1976)

John Henry Lloyd (1977)

Martin Dihigo (1977)

Rube Foster (1981)

Ray Dandridge (1987)

Leon Day (1995)

Willie Foster (1996)

Willie Wells (1997)

Bullet Rogan (1998)

Smokey Joe Williams (1999)

Turkey Stearnes (2000)

Hilton Smith (2001)

Should Be In The Hall Of Fame

Biz Mackey

Pete Hill

Dick Lundy

Christobal Torriente

Jud Wilson

Louis Santop

Mules Suttles

Willard Brown

Dick Redding

Spot Poles

Newt Allen

Ben Taylor

John Beckwith

Ray Brown

Bingo DeMoss

Bill Wright

Sammy T. Hughes

Oliver Marcelle

Bill Byrd

Grant "Home Run" Johnson

Fuzz, as soon as I finish up that portrait set for you and get some more work done on Kauffman, I'm definitely up for the Monarchs' uni. Jpup and I were just talking about this last night...good to know there are more people out there thinking on these lines :D

In all honesty, the team i'd like to make is Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings, i dont know if you remember that movie, but if if the uniforms for that were available, i'd definitely string together an met file and logos.

i'm also interested in seeing some fantasy teams like MAJOR LEAGUE(charlie sheen) and maybe even The Natural's NY Knights. I know someone released the uniforms awhile ago.

basically, i'd like to see some teams from baseball movies but i dont want to do it. I don't want to be the only one releasing a majority of team packages.

fuzZ,

I spent over an hour in Barnes & Nolbes today while in Houston, Astros still losing, looking for some Negro League books. NONE what so ever were available that I was able to uncover. The rosters and stats are going to be a difficult find. But I am still looking ................... when I get home I will load up my Old Time Baseball disk as I remember they had some Negro League teams available ....... I may also load up one of my old copies of HH and then download those Negro League roster on the HH site and see what they look like. I am kinda concerned at this point with the vagueness of this information ...........

Don

In all honesty, the team i'd like to make is Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings, i dont know if you remember that movie, but if if the uniforms for that were available, i'd definitely string together an met file and logos.

i'm also interested in seeing some fantasy teams like MAJOR LEAGUE(charlie sheen) and maybe even The Natural's NY Knights. I know someone released the uniforms awhile ago.

basically, i'd like to see some teams from baseball movies but i dont want to do it. I don't want to be the only one releasing a majority of team packages.

a ny knights team would be cool. 8)

Here is a website full of Negro League players as well as picutres for some...the second link has logos for each team...the third link is to a book (somebody said they went to the store) that contains information on the East-West All Star games held for the negro leagues...hope this helps.

http://www.nlbpa.com/the_athletes.html

http://www.nlbpa.com/the_teams.html

http://highboskage.com/books-reviewed/0803280009.html

BGYANKS

I did a roster set like this for OOTP. Has fictional guys, friends of mine, movie/book/tv ballplayers. Fun stuff. Regrettably, I don't have the time to do this (and if I did I would be doing the all-time teams anyway).

GH

ahh doesn't look like this little idea is catching fire.

only 2 people really seem interested.

Make that 3 FuzZ. I am very interested. Unfortunately I do not have a drop of knowledge when it comes to putting a package together. I am willing to help out any way I can though!!!

Archived