An Odd But Challenging Stadium Request

MetsFanMumf

Now I know alot of people are sick of the Mets requests right now, but I though I'd ask for something a lil different than uniforms. perhaps some of you have seen what the possible next version of Shea or whatever it might be called, would look like. The exterior is similar to Ebbets field. I'd like to see something like that made, but if that's not do-able, how about some sort of new looking stadium for the Mets. Like somehting more modern instead of using Shea. i figured this would be a challenging request in case people are actually looking for a challenge. I also figured that since we Mets fans aren't going to see a new stadium in Queens til Hell freezes over I may as well get to play in one on MVP.

To see what the "new shea" would look like if they ever built it go to www.ballparks.com there's a picutre in there somewhere.

Thanks in advance in case anybody wants to take up this request. :)

Right now to entertain myself I'm using the Polo Grounds, but it's hard as hell to play on. The right field wall is about 280 feet and so is left. The centerfield wall is about 426 feet. And the guys who are supposed to be in the dugout are half submerged in the grass. lol. I may actually consider using Ebbets for a while.

Riddick, the only way to do it is go in and pick whatever stadium you want, and rename them to the name of the regular stadium for your. That's the best I can do so far.

KCcitystar - They had this stadium in all star? Dude that's friggin awesome. Hopefully somebody will accept this idea. I'd love to se it or some fantasy stadium.

it would be a good idea if someone would be willing to do it, but I highly doubt that this is going to happen. i would like to see something like this, but it would be very hard to accomplish.

If I actually knew how to do any of this stuff, I'd try to do it myself, but as it is, I'm clueless when it comes down to it and it'd prolly end up looking absolutely horrible. lol And that's IF I was able to figure out all the stuff with the files.

from what i've seen, normally when you mod a stadium, its usually based on a pre-existing stadium and you simply ad ads here and there to match the stadium you want. You can't add anything drastic to completely alter the shape of the stadium for example. Also, we have no idea what the inside of the new Mets stadium will look like, or when it will be built! That plan was from what? 3-4 years ago? so it doesnt even guarantee that the stadium will look like that. The closest stadiums this mod can be based on are Minute Maid Park and Safeco (even these aren't good since the roof is at the wrong side) and there is a limit as to how much you can mod the parks....in the end, they will still look like Minute Maid and Safeco even if you slap a Mets logo on the stadium

So am I. But I don't even have ASB. I'm simply jealous that they wanna build this Jets stadium on the west side of NY when they have been refusing for years to build the stadiums for the Mets and Yankees.

But anyways, I don't think we're going to get anywhere with it if the modders who know how to do this stuff don't wanna do it. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I had an idea. Sort of a revelation while I was playing as the Mets in Ebbets Field (The stadium I use for the Mets now.) Now I know that one is a mod of Shibe Park, but I was thinking that it might actually be possible to mod the Ebbest Field park or the Shibe Park to maybe look like the future Mets Stadium. I'd welcome any feedback or services rendered by people hwo actually know how to do these things.

Archived