Installing uni's manually?

noquit24

I am using the mvp 06 mod and wanted to put Umachines unis in the game, but when I try to install them i get gfxpak.exe not responding. I won't let me install any of them through the installed. So I want to use eagraphs. I opened uniforms.big file and try to import them in. Well it looked like it worked. I see the pictures of the alt unis but when trying to actually play a game it crashes. Please help!

I am using the mvp 06 mod and wanted to put Umachines unis in the game, but when I try to install them i get gfxpak.exe not responding. I won't let me install any of them through the installed. So I want to use eagraphs. I opened uniforms.big file and try to import them in. Well it looked like it worked. I see the pictures of the alt unis but when trying to actually play a game it crashes. Please help!

I'm totally having the exact same problem. I just downloaded MVP Studio, and I'm working on it from here. The problem is when importing the unifoms you need the .bmp for the particular uniform you want to input into the game, and if you can't get that it makes things very difficult. This is the problem I am having right now. I have the .fsh files but not the .bmp's. Uuuuggghhh!!! I too, am trying to input Umachines unis as well, in particular the Red Sox Inaugural World Series 2005 uni, so if anyone happens to have the .bmp it would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has any other options for inputting unis in please let me know. Thanks much. Later

what?

I placed all of the .fsh files inside of the models folder from the UMachines .exe files. It seems like your installer completed, but while playing the game, none of the uniforms showed up on the uniform screen when picking out my teams, nor did they show up during a game.

Raderick, you also need to place the 2 .bmps for the jersey select screen in the created models folder too. However, what happens is that the jerseys in the jersey selection screen are not correct and do not correspond to the right jersey.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Jordan

Raderick, you also need to place the 2 .bmps for the jersey select screen in the created models folder too. However, what happens is that the jerseys in the jersey selection screen are not correct and do not correspond to the right jersey.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Jordan

No. The uniforms don't show up at all, on the uniforms screen or during a game.

the installer will not add Uniforms just allows you to replace current ones

it does not touch unifoms.big, it just adds uniform files to models.big

uniforms.big needed to be edited to add uniforms

you can use gfxpak for that, after using gfxpak on uniforms.big then use the installer to add the uniforms files to models.big

the installer will not add Uniforms just allows you to replace current ones

it does not touch unifoms.big, it just adds uniform files to models.big

uniforms.big needed to be edited to add uniforms

you can use gfxpak for that, after using gfxpak on uniforms.big then use the installer to add the uniforms files to models.big

But I'm not using the installer offered by UMachines. I'm using the Generic Installer that you asked us to use when installing uMachine's uniforms. The .bmps and the .fsh are in the models folder when I try to import.

But I'm not using the installer offered by UMachines. I'm using the Generic Installer that you asked us to use when installing uMachine's uniforms. The .bmps and the .fsh are in the models folder when I try to import.

There is no such thing as a models folder. If you mean the models.big file, then the problem is, the .bmp files don't go to the models.big file. They go to the uniforms.big file. As Kraw explained to you, you need to put in the .bmp files separately. (you can't use the installer for that)

There is an alternative way to do this whole thing if the above idea is not working for you. You can use Fuzz's MVP Studio to import the .bmp files. (along with the uniform files) Then MANUALLY copy over the uniforms.big file to your frontend folder. Then take the uniform files (fxxx.fsh & uxxx.fsh) & compress them using eazip & a batch file & then use eagraph to import the files to your models.big. Also make sure while doing this that your models.big is not in "read only" mode. If it is, uncheck it & after you finish importing, put it back into read only mode. (so that your models.big does not become corrupted over time)

Hope this info helps.

There is no such thing as a models folder. If you mean the models.big file, then the problem is, the .bmp files don't go to the models.big file. They go to the uniforms.big file. As Kraw explained to you, you need to put in the .bmp files separately. (you can't use the installer for that)

There is an alternative way to do this whole thing if the above idea is not working for you. You can use Fuzz's MVP Studio to import the .bmp files. (along with the uniform files) Then MANUALLY copy over the uniforms.big file to your frontend folder. Then take the uniform files (fxxx.fsh & uxxx.fsh) & compress them using eazip & a batch file & then use eagraph to import the files to your models.big. Also make sure while doing this that your models.big is not in "read only" mode. If it is, uncheck it & after you finish importing, put it back into read only mode. (so that your models.big does not become corrupted over time)

Hope this info helps.

When you run Generic Installer, it creates a "models" folder in the MVP Baseball 2005 directory, in which you put all of your uniform files into.

Anywho, I'll try this out.

ok, i have related question. i have already added new files to my models.big, but still need to add the pics to uniforms.big. What do i need to do to add them? can i just add them using eagraph? do i need to turn them into fsh files? i'm confued by this part of the process

ok, i have related question. i have already added new files to my models.big, but still need to add the pics to uniforms.big. What do i need to do to add them? can i just add them using eagraph? do i need to turn them into fsh files? i'm confued by this part of the process

I would like help with this as well. I have added UM's uniforms, just the preview bmp's need to be added.

Is there some way to get exact step-by-step instructions on how to install uMachine's uniforms? Not only will this help me, but it will help anyone else that is having problems with this sort of thing. Can these uniforms be added as a patch in the future? Absolutly nothing is working for me. Lets go one step futher, does someone have AIM, MSN or Yahoo! instant messaging to help me out?

AIM: Raderick24

Yahoo!: raderick24@sbcglobal.net

MSN: raderick24@pointatrad.com

Here's what you need to do to change the preview pics in the uniforms.big file:

Important: Place fifaFS in your C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datafrontend or C:Windows folder

open Notepad and paste this:

fifafs -depackbig uniforms.big uniformdir

Save this as "unpackunis.bat" into C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datafrontend - make sure the .bat is included. Double-click the batch file.

This will unpack uniforms.big file in a folder called uniformdir. Find the team you want to edit, for example I'll use the Dodgers - the file is 016.fsh. Right-click on 016.fsh and open w/nshftool. This will create a 016 folder w/all the preview pics and their alphas. Now you just need to get the preview pic you want (like one of UMachines' preview pics) and copy it into this folder - delete the pic you're replacing and rename your pic to whatever the deleted pic was.

Right-click on the index.fsh file and open with nfshtool - this rebuilds the 016.fsh (in your uniformdir folder). Copy the 016.fsh and paste it into C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datafrontend. Last, open uniforms.big with EA Graphics Editor > choose tools, import wizard, NEXT, click add - find 016.fsh, click NEXT and that's it!

Here's what you need to do to change the preview pics in the uniforms.big file:

open Notepad and paste this:

fifafs -depackbig uniforms.big uniformdir

Save this as "unpackunis.bat" into C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datafrontend - make sure the .bat is included. Double-click the batch file.

This will unpack uniforms.big file in a folder called uniformdir. Find the team you want to edit, for example I'll use the Dodgers - the file is 016.fsh. Right-click on 016.fsh and open w/nshftool. This will create a 016 folder w/all the preview pics and their alphas. Now you just need to get the preview pic you want (like one of UMachines' preview pics) and copy it into this folder - delete the pic you're replacing and rename your pic to whatever the deleted pic was.

Right-click on the index.fsh file and open with nfshtool - this rebuilds the 016.fsh (in your uniformdir folder). Copy the 016.fsh and paste it into C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datafrontend. Last, open uniforms.big with EA Graphics Editor > choose tools, import wizard, NEXT, click add - find 016.fsh, click NEXT and that's it!

Thanks for your help, but unpackunis.bat is not creating any uniformdir folder.

Archived