Willis

DustinTheWin

Willis is no longer the man (

But hey, we get to see Griffey again, and again, and again...

loading screens are being redone, but here is what I did

manny had like 6 different poses for the 60 loading screen, I picked a different player for each pose. yes JR is one of them, but just one.

The loading screen used when the game is over and you are going back to the main menu is random. You just are not lucky and always see JR I guess

Zito has some pretty good strikeout numbers and his career ERA of 3.5 isn't bad. Do you realize in 2004 he gave up more hits than innings pitched? He's frequently among the league leaders in bases on balls and hit batemen and frequently is in double digits in teh loss column. He's OK, but he's not even close to the best all-around pitcher in baseball.

Zito got real overrated real fast. Beane didn't trade him though, which is genius, because Billy Beane does no wrong.

Billy Beane is the best GM in baseball. With the money he has to his disposal, he probley gets more wins per dollar spent than anyother team. The guy drafts better than any team in baseball, and his system is changing the thinking among other GM's.

Beane needs to show some results. He needs to get a team to the World Series. I know everyone says he doesn't have the budget to do it, but it's not always the high payroll teams that make it in the end.

I agree on Loaiza. What was that all about? Frank Thomas signing could be OK.

Beane signed Loiaza to a three year contract for crying out loud!

Plus, Oakland's payroll has become more mid-level as of late. Beane bashing aside, Oakland probably has the best chances of winning the west.

Loiaza had the 24th highest VORP (for pitchers, all leagues) in 2005, he eats innings, and his Pectoa look very strong for next 3 years. I think it was a great pickup, and with the A's staff the way it is, he is a VERY strong 3-5 pitcher.

Santana should have been Cy Young. They gave it to a guy who weighs a metric ton instead.

Word. Santana's numbers far outshine Colon's. Ooooo...21 wins. :roll:

And along with thread, what does best all-around pitcher mean? Fielding too? I don't know about Willis' fielding but he gets a bonus because he can swing the bat.

a pitcher's ability to swing a bat is only valuable in the NL. It's definately a plus for that particular NL team to have a guy like Marquis, Hampton, Willis or Zambrano, but it doesn't help you at all in the AL.

It's very difficult to say which pitcher is better than the other, there are so many things to consider. However, a pitcher's most important task is to get outs. Strikeouts are probably the ones that the pitcher gets most credit for, but they may not be the most efficient ( alot of strikeout pitchers run their pitch count up ). If it were up to me, I'd want a guy with a good groundball:flyball ratio ( with more groundballs than flyballs ) and a solid K:BB ratio. Roy Oswalt is a good example.

Of course fielding ( and to some extend batting ) are pretty important as well.

Archived