Pitching Problems

danriggs

I don't wanna complain I really like this mod, it makes the game great.

But pitching is really bad now, the green meter is totally screwed. I can play fine with the new meter because I am fairly cordinated even on MVP mode, but still ... the lack of basically any green area really detracts from the gameplay for me.

I read the author of this mod in another thread state that this issue is hard coded into the actual .exe so theres nothing he can do about it because of legal reasons concerning EA.

Is there any way to get the pitching meter back to normal though? When my pitchers reach low stamina it makes getting accurate pitches fairly difficult (not to bad in the beginning at 100% though).

I upped the pitching difficulty meter to 50 (max) in game tuning slider options, but it really makes no actual difference aim wise ... even though it shows more green. I will land a pitch on the outskirts of the orange area (right by the green middle), and the pitch is totally off target no where near where it should be (at least versus the regular game).

Can anything be done? I am gunna have to revert to crappy ol 05 if not, because pitching is kinda ruined in this mod. Again sorry to complain I really like this mod for 06 its terrific, only if the pitching meter had a green zone =/

Why the attitude man? If you read anything I wrote ... I hinted several times that I knew about this problem and had read about it.

" I read the author of this mod in another thread state that this issue is hard coded into the actual .exe so theres nothing he can do about it because of legal reasons concerning EA"

Seriously did you even read what I wrote?

I just asked if there was any kind of update around this none the less (kind of like the minor lag introduced with this beta mod when throwing to first base, and the author released the test06.exe patch that went back to the old uniforms fixing it ... so I figured maybe something could be made for the pitching meter also).

Don't be so quick to judge mang :D I am thankful for this mod, was just an honest question.

you read wrong, it is the datafile

and if you lower the play level the green area returns

When my pitchers reach low stamina it makes getting accurate pitches fairly difficult

sorta like real life?

Pitching it by far too damn easy using the default datafile, I can pitch a 1-2 hitter on MVP every time.

if you guys play on pro level, you will have some green area

Tobias I did read them ... and found out the pitching meter issue is like hardcoded into the exe, but I just wanted to request if it would be fixed in the final release, or if a minor fix could be made, or if hex editor can do anything about it. No reason to get an attitude, but whatever I can't tell you how to act : P <3 Just seems dumb to comment if you have nothing to contribute

Anyway thanks again to the author of this mod mvp 06 ... best mod I ever downloaded easily!

Why the attitude man? If you read anything I wrote ... I hinted several times that I knew about this problem and had read about it.

because the 47 theads about this, and the answer has been named everytime

the EXE coded issue is for the display of the year you are playing 2005 vs 2006

you read wrong, it is the datafile

sorta like real life?

Pitching it by far too damn easy using the default datafile, I can pitch a 1-2 hitter on MVP every time.

if you guys play on pro level, you will have some green area

I put the pitching difficulty slider to like +50 ... it gives more green but its not accurate at all, so really doesn't help.

You are correct though, in mvp difficulty with the regular game (before the mod), it was sooooo easy to pitch. Only team that gave me a challenge was the yanks. But I am just worried with this new meter , that when my pitcher is like 60% stamina, it's gunna be impossible to pitch accurately at all.

I ll have to see , only had him get to 85% so far. Either way I can live with it.

because the 47 theads about this, and the answer has been named everytime

the EXE coded issue is for the display of the year you are playing 2005 vs 2006

Hrmm I don't really understand "display of the year you are playing 05 - 06" ... either way sorry, I am not trying to complain. Thanks for a great mod. Was just asking an honest question, and obviously I searched this issue before hand because I mentioned the coded exe in my first post, just made this thread in hopes of an update or answer to a fix in the final rls. Anyway good day.

I increased the difficulty in of pitching meter to +50, it shows green but it's inaccurate.

Are you talking about increasing a different slider? Which one exactly should I lower?

SwinginSoriano if I copy the old datafile , will everything else be intact in the new mvp mod 06? I love every bit of this mod, just except the pitching meter (which isn't even really that bad ... makes it challenging, yanks will own me now though ahha! ) , but will adding the old datafile back just change the pitching meter, or alot of other stuff to?

Archived