Who should play in the All Star Game?

rolie

Guest Deznuts

I didnt say Frank Thomas was a noname player. But he wont make the hall.

Are you high? Frank Thomas is ranked...

10th all-time in career OBP

10th all-time in career OPS

16th all-time in career SLG

19th all-time in career BBs

30th all-time in career HRs and climbing past Cal Ripken soon...

49th all-time in career RBIs

Once he gets over 500 HRs, he is a lock. He is at 436 homers right now and barring injury he could get 500 by the end of next season. Here are his career numbers since I'm sure you have never seen them. :roll:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=4527

Here is the all star voting through june 22

AL All Star Voting

First Base

1 Jason Giambi :x

2 Carlos Delgado :D

3 Frank Thomas

4 Kevin Millar

5 Rafael Palmiero

Second Base

1 Alfonso Soriano :D

2 Pokey Reese-WHAT???

3 Bret Boone

4 RONNIE BELLIARD

5 Enrique Wilson-WHAT???

Short Stop

1 Derek Jeter :(

2 Nomar Garciaparra :(

3 Michael Young :D

4 Miguel Tejada

5 Carlos Guillen

Third Base

1 Alex Rodrigez- Who Else

2 Hank Blalock :D

3 Bill Mueller

4 Melvin Mora

5 Eric Chavez

Catchers

1 Ivan Rodriguez

2 Jorge Posada

3 Jason Varitek

4 Javy Lopez

5 VICTOR MARTINEZ ^^^^^

Outfield

1 Vlad Guerrero

2 Manny Ramirez

3 Gary Sheffield

4 Hideki Matsui

5 Johnny Damon

6 Ichiro

7 Carlos Beltran- Please come to cleveland Carlos :cry:

8 Bernie Williams

9 Torii Hunter

10 Magglio Ordonez

One question, where is david ortiz, he has probualy the best stats for any AL hitter this year :?

NL All Star Voting

First Base

1 Pujols :D -best hitter that isn't on roids

2 Jeff Bagwell

3 Sean Casey :D

4 Jim Thome

5 Derrek Lee

Second Base

1 Jeff Kent

2 Marcus Giles- He has been hurt for like the whole season and won't play

3 Luis Castillo

4 Roberto Alomar-WHAT???

5 Mark Gruzilanek

Short Stop

1 Adam Everett :D

2 Edgar Rentaria :( -I'm from cleveland

3 Barry Larkin

4 Kaz Matsui

5 Rafael Furcal

Third Base

1 Scott Rolen

2 Aramis Ramirez

3 Mike Lowell

4 Morgan Ensberg

5 Adrian Beltre

Catcher

1 Mike Piazza- I thought he was a 1st baseman??

2 Brad Ausmus-WHAT???

3 Paul Lo Duca

4 Michael Barrett

5 Johnny Estrada

Outfield

1 Barry Bonds- aka Juicemonkey

2 Griffey

3 Sammy Sosa

4 Lance Berkman

5 Craig Biggio

6 Moises Alou

7 Richard Hidalgo

8 Jim Edmonds

9 Miguel Cabrera

10 Adam Dunn

It seems like the citys that are more inthusiastic about this are getting there players in, no matter what the stats. I swear this is a popularity contest not baseball :( Maybe Cleveland needs to be bigger, then Coco Crisp could make it LOL :D

Guest Deznuts

AL All Star Voting

First Base

1 Jason Giambi :x

2 Carlos Delgado :D

If the fans voting had half a brain, it would look like this...

First Base

1 David Ortiz

2 Frank Thomas

TribeTime26 wrote:

AL All Star Voting

First Base

1 Jason Giambi

2 Carlos Delgado

If the fans voting had half a brain, it would look like this...

First Base

1 David Ortiz

2 Frank Thomas

Exactly!!

The thing about Walker is he's led off almost the whole season, so comparing his RBIs to Kent's who bats like 4th or 5th isn't right. Besides RBIs the numbers are similar. Not saying that "OMG Walker should go ahead of Kent", just saying their numbers are very similar.

Also, Todd Helton not even being in the top 5 for NL All-star voting is a disgrace. I can see how people could vote Pujols and maybe Thome over him, but not being in the top 5 is just sad.

And finally, ahahahahahahahahaha @ Biggio 5th in voting.

Frank wont make the hall because he simply hasnt impacted the game that much. Look at guys like Rafey and Crime Dog. Two guys who hit lots of bombs and probably wont make it. I dont contend that Frank doesnt deserve it, I simply believe that he wont get it

it's good to see barry still leading the way for nl OF.

oh and btw to the previous poster who labeled him "juicemonkey" yet didn't label giambi, and sosa the same...try to be a little more objective. last i saw barry was still hitting around .360.

you, my friend, are nuts. how does walking help his batting average?

I'm not getting into the bonds argument, but walks most certainly help a batting average.

Say you have two guys. Guy A and Guy B

If both guys have 50 hits, but Guy A has 200 at bats and Guy B only has 120 at bats and 80 walks, then the batting average for Guy B is going to be a lot higher.

Guy B would have an .avg of .416 while Guy A would have an .avg of .250

that would be how it helps batting average.

Guest Deznuts

it's good to see barry still leading the way for nl OF.

oh and btw to the previous poster who labeled him "juicemonkey" yet didn't label giambi, and sosa the same...try to be a little more objective. last i saw barry was still hitting around .360.

I will say it... Bonds, Sosa, and Giambi are ALL juice monkies. Ever see how skinny Bonds was when he was in the College World Series and on the Pirates? He was a twig. Bonds is a great hitter but I still think he did steroids at some point in his career. Sosa was around 175 pounds on the White Sox; now he's 220 on the Cubs. Giambi is a roided up freak and you can tell. All he does is hit for power and his batting average always sucks. Funny how Sosa and Giambi are always getting these minor back injuries which is a major symptom of steroid abuse. Sosa injured his back from a violent sneeze? Oh, come on... :roll:

you, my friend, are nuts. how does walking help his batting average?

First IamTheMick7 says that Frank Thomas won't make it into the Hall of Fame, next he says something idiotic like this. Guess what IamTheMick7? Statistically speaking, drawing walks only affects a hitter's ON-BASE PERCENTAGE. Walks do not affect a hitter's BATTING AVERAGE whatsoever.

I'm not getting into the bonds argument, but walks most certainly help a batting average.

Say you have two guys. Guy A and Guy B

If both guys have 50 hits, but Guy A has 200 at bats and Guy B only has 120 at bats and 80 walks, then the batting average for Guy B is going to be a lot higher.

Guy B would have an .avg of .416 while Guy A would have an .avg of .250

that would be how it helps batting average.

Wouldn't it just be assumed that "Guy B" is a better hitter than "Guy A"? After all, "Guy B" gets 50 hits in 120 at bats while it takes "Guy A" 200 at bats to get his 50 hits. Obviously, "Guy B" can work the count better and strikes out alot less than "Guy A" making "Guy B" the better hitter. The walks aren't helping his batting average, HE is helping his batting average by not striking out, etc.

Wouldn't it just be assumed that "Guy B" is a better hitter than "Guy A"? After all, "Guy B" gets 50 hits in 120 at bats while it takes "Guy A" 200 at bats to get his 50 hits. Obviously, "Guy B" can work the count better and strikes out alot less than "Guy A" making "Guy B" the better hitter. The walks aren't helping his batting average, HE is helping his batting average by not striking out, etc.

I already said I'm not getting into the Barry Bonds argument. I was only pointing out how walks help average theoritically. I would definitely say that because a person is walked, it doesn't always have to do with them working the count, or their eye at the plate. What if a pitcher throws 4 outrageous balls? What if the pitcher intentionally walks the guy? Its not as simple as saying someone can work the count better.

Just as a sidenote, Barry Bonds isn't even in the top 100 this year for pitches with 974 seen. Thats about 3.7 pitches per appearance with his 258 total appearances. Ichiro Suzuki, who has 68 more appearances see 3.5 pitches per appearance in his 326 total.. Ichiro also has 98 hits, while bonds has 55. This is in only 7 more games. So does bonds do it because he works the count? No, he's pretty average with his pitch count. He HAS only struck out 15 times, and ichiro HAS struck out 27 times. Take all that for what its worth.

Barry only hits .360 because all he does is walk

because noone has the balls to pitch to him....

I will say it... Bonds, Sosa, and Giambi are ALL juice monkies.

ok that's better lol!

Archived